PDA

View Full Version : ScummVM DS v0.9.1beta4

wraggster
October 11th, 2006, 21:34
AgentQ (http://scummvm.drunkencoders.com/) has released a new beta of ScummVM for the DS, heres the details:

What is ScummVM DS?

ScummVM is an interpreter that allows you to play Lucasarts' back catalog of point and click adventure games on modern computers. I didn't write ScummVM, that honour goes to the ScummVM team. ScummVM is written in portable C++ and has been ported to many differnet platforms, and I have made a port of it to the DS. This means that you can play all these classic games on the DS with full sound.
ScummVM DS is under constant development, so don't be surprised if you find bugs or games that don't work.

Features

Runs nearly all of Lucasarts' SCUMM games up to and including Sam & Max Hit the Road
Runs many non-Lucasrts point-and-click adventures too
Supports sound
Supports multiple games without reflashing
Supports using the DS touch screen for controls
Suports saving games to compatible flash cards
All games run at pretty much full speed

Whats New:

New M3 driver
Fix to CD audio when using Zip files
Added option to disable turning the DS off (as it causes problems on some cards)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Rasputin
October 12th, 2006, 13:23
Beta3 already works well. I'll be interested to see what has improved in this version. :)

kit786
October 13th, 2006, 17:00
Can't seem to get this to work. I follow the instructions on the scummds website and it loads but get the following error:

Zip file check...Not in use!

and then it jut freezes :( Any help would be appriated! btw using an M3 SD version