PDA

View Full Version : Control Tester V1.0 Release

wraggster
October 11th, 2006, 23:17
News/release from Johnny McKinney:

As promised here is the newest version of my program Control Tester. Special thanks goes to rowanmcau (mafia1ft) for all his help with the analog, font, and menu feature. Now I have included a How to use txt in this download explaining how to recenter/fix your joystick without having to take you psp into the workshop or back to the place you bought it from and heres what the text says,

"Basically everything is common sence except the new feature. The analog detection is pretty unique, heres how it works basically when you start it up it will have 2 numbers displayed in the center. Thats the position of your joystick. Both should be as close to 0 as posible but just in case the top numbers are left and right if you move your joystick left it goes into negative numbers move it right it goes positive recenter those. Now the bottom numbers are up and down, up being negative and down being positive. Try to recenter that as close to 0 as possible, it's ok if its not perfect but, don't let them get below 6 or -6. Now heres the cool part this works all the time on my psp in which the joystick is messed up. Now once you recenter it dont touch the joystick switch off your psp and switch it back on. I dont know how this does it but it does it. Once your in the xmb your safe to move your joystick. now when you play a game you won't go to the left, right, up, down, or all over the place because, for some reason your psp has recentered itself. I can't gaurentee it to work 100% of the time but, it does work for me all the time I even use this program before I start up my PSP (not that you will) anyway hope this helps any problems contact me. If your a noob like I still am I'd be glad to help you a little with lua coding thanks and see you all on my game ." Don't expect me to go straight on and work on the game or let me hint you on what it will be cause the game me and rowanmcau (mafia1ft) is really a big surprise since it's my first attempt at a game I want it to be perfect and something no one would expect. Now its 12:00 P.M. here and I have been up all night working on this so as soon as I wake up me and rowanmcau (mafia1ft) will get started on the game. Thanks everyone and hope you enjoy.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via Johnny McKinney (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1098175&postcount=1)

Cloudhunter
October 11th, 2006, 23:51
Seems pretty neat, I have this problem myself :) I thought it was unfixable :p

Downloading now ;)

Cheers Johnny McKinney!

Cloudy

fistikuffs
October 12th, 2006, 00:05
My analog nub keeps nudging me to the right in GTA but i thought it was because of dirt on the contacts. I wonder if this could fix it?

downloading now thanks johnny:)

Poor-Kingz
October 12th, 2006, 01:53
does it work in devhook?

BrooksyX
October 12th, 2006, 02:42
this is so weak, anybody who studies lua for about 1 day could make this.

mr_nick666
October 12th, 2006, 08:56

/\ /\ What a pointless comment :mad:

Sounds interesting... :rolleyes: Id like to know if this works for anyone else :o

joesnose
October 12th, 2006, 12:20

Had to say something, this comment is so weak someone with 1 post could do better!

the program is great, and the sony thumb nub is so rubbish.

fistikuffs
October 12th, 2006, 16:20

why would you bother to post such a worthless comment? post some of your superior code if you like:mad:

btw this didn't resolve my problem with my analog nub it must be just dirty contacts but at least i know all my other buttons are fine!;)

Cloudhunter
October 12th, 2006, 16:27
TBH, how easy it is to code isn't an issue. The issue is how useful it is. And I believe this is quite useful as it allows you to calibrate the nub.

Cloudy