PDA

View Full Version : Datel 4GB Hard Drive + X2 Battery Pack Now US$ 79.90 (~43.10 GBP)

wraggster
October 12th, 2006, 00:37
http://image.lik-sang.com/images//170/psp-datel-4gb-hdd.jpg

Just noticed tonight that Lik Sang have reduced the price of the Datel 4GB hdd and 3600Mah Battery for the PSP down to a rather nice US$ 79.90 (~43.10 GBP), now thats a very decent price, heres some info about the accessory:

4 GB HDD built-in

Provides 4 gigabytes of storage space for your PSP saves and files

Effectively doubles the capacity of the standard PSP battery

3.6 volts - 3600 mAh

Lithium-polymer battery technology

Plugs at the back of your PSP

Adds only 125 grams of weight

Closeout offer, quantities are limited!

More Info / Buy at Lik Sang (http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?products_id=7825&lsaid=219793)

Basil Zero
October 12th, 2006, 00:52
still too expensive

Nikolaos
October 12th, 2006, 01:04
eh i think it is also expensive due to the size of the item.. maybe if it was somehow built into the batter tha nwe be tlakin saweet

Emeriastone
October 12th, 2006, 01:07
Hooray! I still won't buy!

SnesR0X
October 12th, 2006, 01:23
tis fairly cheap, considering my 2 gig high sppeds were 65 bucks canadian, so about 30 GBP

-=me=-
October 12th, 2006, 03:24
and rememer, 4 gb memsticks are 120$, this is 80$

NeoXCS
October 12th, 2006, 04:11
and rememer, 4 gb memsticks are 120$, this is 80$

Yes, but let's also remember that the memsticks are much faster. ;)

masterpsp2.6
October 12th, 2006, 04:19
ill buy one

CandieC
October 12th, 2006, 05:56
ill consider buying one if they fixed the issues with devhook and such...... did they?

SnesR0X
October 12th, 2006, 06:52
what issues where that? does it not work on the 4 gig hard drive?

mr_nick666
October 12th, 2006, 08:44
Yes, but let's also remember that the memsticks are much faster. ;)

/\ /\ Thats what the problem is :( These would have to be really cheap to gain my interest :rolleyes: I can easily justify paying the extra for the memory card for the extra in performance :o

Baboon
October 12th, 2006, 09:18
I did manage to eventually get it to work with Devhook.45, but it is very, very slow at loading games.

Also if you like playing NJ’s CPS2 games you’ll find it basically impossible to play any of the larger roms! They stutter so much it renders them impossible to play! :(

I had my hd for about 3 months before it decided to pack up and die on me, so it’s not really very good value for money! lol

It’s a cheap price for a very cheap product! ...Be warned people, dont do it!!!

shrimpidy
October 12th, 2006, 09:52
Thats pretty cheap. I might consider purchasing this item if it didn't buldge out the back of the console so much.

Veskgar
October 12th, 2006, 14:20
Hooray! I still won't buy!
My thoughts exactly. Never wanted this and never will. You are much better off with a 4GB memory stick & Sony's stamina battery that lasts 20% longer.

I have not tried any other internal batteries but the Sony extended battery lasts PRETTY DAMN LONG.

crypysmoker
October 12th, 2006, 15:19
well, You have to consdier some things..
First it says its a closeout... so that means they want it gone and dont want to sell it anymore.

Using it to play homebrew or those other bad things ;) it is so damn slow because it doesnt have anyway of running from memory.. it has to constantly run fromt he Microdrive that just doesnt spin fast enough.

using it for game saves music and watching movies it works fine... for about 3 months then it just dies and cant take it anymore.

The battery is worth it, but the only reasont he provide it with the HDD is because it sux the reg psp's battery dry

FOL
October 12th, 2006, 19:38
ill consider buying one if they fixed the issues with devhook and such...... did they?

They fixed that 4Gig HD issue long ago.

Not aimed at CandieC.
Why do people give it so much grief, I bought mine for £110 (bit gutted now as the price has dropped, but thats life, like I bought a 4gig MS when they came out for £120 and now they are £80), It makes nice hand grips. So unless you seen it or tried, most people cant comment (but it wont be for everyone). Its like a game you dont know you have wasted £30 until you buy it. Thats the way it goes. It isnt as slow as people make out, try not compressing stuff.

jwilds73
October 13th, 2006, 18:35
If this had the largest capacity drive available in this size and worked with the new OS that doesn't have memory stick size restrictions then it might be worth it for some. Just peeking it seems the largest laptop drives are around 80 to 100 gigs and around $60 bucks for an 80 gig. I wonder if you could open this thing up and replace the 4 gig drive with a 80 gig one. It's just got to many negatives against it besides the high price.