PDA

View Full Version : The Choice for the Future- Single DS Flash Cart vs Boot & Flash Cart Combo

wraggster
October 12th, 2006, 00:46
DS-Xtreme is coming soon providing a Single Cart Flash Cart thats basically a normal looking DS cartridge with memory built in and then you have the Boot Cart/Flash Cart combos.

Which will you prefer and why ?

bagofsnakes
October 12th, 2006, 01:14
Not worth the money. Its basically 512 megabytes of ram for 100 bucks. They need to put more memory on that thing if your gonna play videos mp3s and games on it. There is no better use for that gba slot then flash memory carts.

jergens
October 12th, 2006, 02:03
I'll only use a single DS Card if it will take a memory card such as MicroSD and if it is afforadble. Otherwise I really don't care enough to spend more money than I would on a card that already fits nicely in my DS.

There are no other real advantages except that it would let you use the bottom slot for expansion, but there really are so few games using that that it's not worth it.

ACID
October 12th, 2006, 07:40
I'll only use a single DS Card if it will take a memory card such as MicroSD and if it is afforadble. Otherwise I really don't care enough to spend more money than I would on a card that already fits nicely in my DS.

There are no other real advantages except that it would let you use the bottom slot for expansion, but there really are so few games using that that it's not worth it.
Well if thats the case then the DS LINK is the card for you. You need a micro sd card. And its compatible with a lot of homebrew. And moonshell. and very easy to use.

Fou-Lu1510
October 12th, 2006, 11:33
I'd rather use a card for the GBA slot, because of the GBA functionality. The only reason to use a ds card is for the rumble pack and the browser expansion thingie.

ACID
October 12th, 2006, 11:55
I'd rather use a card for the GBA slot, because of the GBA functionality. The only reason to use a ds card is for the rumble pack and the browser expansion thingie.
Actually the new supercard has rumble support for all games.even old ones.

Fou-Lu1510
October 12th, 2006, 12:07
Oh yeah, right, forgot about that one.
Then the only benefit is the expansion pack.

monaug5
October 12th, 2006, 12:28
AceKard would be the perfect card for you it has memroy expansion and doesnt require a passme or flashme or nopass the company that makes it hasnt really made themselves known i personally am going for the DS-Xtreme because 512 megabyte isnt that small plus it has music playback and supports .ogg and lastly they havent announced a new secret feature that it is meant to be having! :D

DS-Xtreme coming for you on 16th Oct

houseonfire
October 13th, 2006, 20:44
The DS extreme would be better if it took the micro SD AND had 1GB of internal storage. I would buy it the day it came out if it did.

jamesgloucester
October 14th, 2006, 11:47
After seeing it's interface and how well it runs games and homebrew i'm very interested in getting it, though I will still keep my G6 lite and M3CF for extra storage and GBA games.

Payk
October 14th, 2006, 16:02
Acidburn05 :
DSlink isnt compatible to a lot of homebrew...
There is no fatlib out for it.
So many emulators/games just dont work on it.
DSLink is just good for backups and music...not more