PDA

View Full Version : do u understand the law?

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 12th, 2006, 05:39
Yes I am the legal eagle. ;)

Lets lool at the most recent situation.

There is this guy, he is given 4 warning points, they say he is talking about warez. He asked for a BitMe.org invite..

Now BitMe.Org is simply put a p2p network. Here is what they state in that all so classic Napster Defense.

According to their site:

Disclaimer: None of the files shown here are actually hosted on this server. The links are provided solely by this site's users. These BitTorrent files are meant for the distribution of backup files. By downloading the BitTorrent file, you are claiming that you own the original file. The administrator of this site (BitMe.ORG) holds NO RESPONSIBILITY if these files are misused in any way and cannot be held responsible for what its users post, or any other actions of its users. You may not use this site to distribute or download any material when you do not have the legal rights to do so. It is your own responsibility to adhere to these terms.

Now the key problem with the claim against me that I seeked/promoted warez use is this

1. I stated I wanted TO RELEASE HOMEADE MATERIAL. According to bluecrab this is justifiable ("you have the right to distribute whatever you want that you own the rights to").

2. The invite itself is barely tantamount to use.

3. It is a p2p program. Now I am aware of the issue of practice vs. principal however that has no leagle standing as an umbrella type punishment for all users.

I am also aware this sites existence is based on that thin line and loopholes withen copyright laws and etc. so its quite hypocritical to punish others for using such methods.

I understand this post might piss people off but the bottomline is the reprimand has been refluted and now its time to show unbias and integrity by striking the 4 warning points from the record. Its only fair.

ACID
October 12th, 2006, 05:44
My understanding is that it still doesnt justify some body uptaning something without having proof of purchase. Meaning that you must already own what eevr you are trying to exchange. I think its pointles because if you have something why download it in the first place.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 12th, 2006, 05:53
but i said i was uploading some documents i made. As for the invite itself the man who created the network has stated thats the only way to obtain membership.

the bottom line is this site is no more less in the legal dangerzone then any other torrent programs.

You outlaw warez im behind it but the companies are still gonna keep an eye on this site with the same level of animosity as ever.

pibs
October 12th, 2006, 05:58
if you have something why download it in the first place.
well only thing i dl is my old sega games that i have had since i was a kid so i can play them on the go... but its still illegal since i haven't contacted sega for other uses of their products:rolleyes:

quzar
October 12th, 2006, 05:59
if you have a problem with a warning, bring it up with staff.