PDA

View Full Version : Audio Mechanica

Art
October 12th, 2006, 08:29
Hi Guys,

I have retitled my current app from V6 (formerly titled "Virtual Tape Recorder"
because of the two new features that don't have much to do with a tape recorder.

Audio Mechanica V6c (14/10/06):

* Right and Left shoulder buttons can now be used to adjust delay time while in echo mode faster than pressing
up and down on the D pad. Use of the shoulder buttons lifts the previous restriction on delay time, and allows
full use of the 22Mb data buffer to provide up to 4 minutes and 21 seconds of delay time.
* Added an Echo mode to the Digital Delay Processor.
* Fixed seek function (left and right shoulder buttons) to seek at the same speed for every sample rate.
* Reel Position is now displayed in elapsed minutes and seconds for all screens.
* Delay time for the Delay Processor mode is now displayed in seconds and miliseconds.
* Various fixes, and significant code optimisation.

- The Digital Delay Processor can delay an audio channel by a user defined value.
This could save on a stand alone piece of equipment that does the same job.

- The Yakback Emulator uses voice activation routines to record continuous
chunks of sound, and auto playback each continuous sound chunk.
This works rather like a parrot, repeating everything you say after each pause
(repeating everything you say after each pause).

The Yakback Emulator is the beginnings of the way I'd go about a speech regognition,
or lie detection program.

- The Virtual Tape Recorder mode works as the previous digital recorder.

- The Voice Activation mode works as the Virtual Tape Recorder, with the addition of
an adjustable sound activation level that can make the recorder work like a dictophone,
only recording segments of continuous sound.

ps. thanx to lteixeira for his audio input library, as well as some instruction I was given for making the basic recorder.
Audio Mechanica saves to Microsoft compliant wav file (http://ccrma.stanford.edu/courses/422/projects/WaveFormat/) for playback in Windows Media Player!

For full instructions...
READ THE README!!! :)
Cheers, Art.

mr_nick666
October 12th, 2006, 08:34
ANOTHER update! :eek: Great work ART :D Do you ever have time for sleep?? :confused: Im loving the idea of a lie detector too! ;)

tophead420
October 12th, 2006, 09:22
nice work man i know its gonna be good becauses its coded by you lol always a good release from art great work and keep it up

Vibestar
October 12th, 2006, 09:26
Maybe this could help people to get working with this.
Making your own headset adapter: tutorial (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38732)
Mine is working fine and I can test this homebrew fully.

ACID
October 12th, 2006, 09:34
Thanks for the new release ART. This is great cant wait for the next. Do you ever rest.

Veskgar
October 12th, 2006, 17:41
Art, thanks for this. This is getting more and more impressive and every update adds so much.

Awesome!

-=me=-
October 13th, 2006, 20:48
great! wav file music! just imagine what the next update will have

Art
October 14th, 2006, 00:31
Well here's a small update.. mainly that reel position, and delay time are shown in mins, secs / milisecs rather than some values than mean nothing to the user.
Cheers, Art.