PDA

View Full Version : Wii Goes Digital Distribution in 2007

wraggster
October 12th, 2006, 16:54
Well, we don't know much about it, but my job, o faithful reader, is to suck hard when I taste the flimsiest stream of liquid trickling from the game industry's PR tit.

Beginning in Spring 2007, Nintendo will apparently begin the "Wii Compact Software" line of games which will allow players to download certain Wii titles to their console rather than purchasing a disc. Pricing and storage details, as well as what software will be made available, were not provided.
Well, that's certainly a little cooler than the VirtualConsole. Are we going to see Nintendo's equivalent of XBLA, where smaller developers might get the chance to offer cool, tiny games to home users? Or are these more likely to be little quasi-useful widgets aimed squarely at the house mother set Nintendo's trying to appeal to with the Wii?

fg-54
October 13th, 2006, 22:55
wow! awesome!

SnesR0X
October 15th, 2006, 23:57
I would much ratehr buy games from a store than pay with my credit card on something that could get deleted, the disc and case carry so much sentimental value for my games, i wouldn't have it any other way

lexluthor
October 16th, 2006, 00:00
To be honest I thought we already knew this.. Iwata is always banging on about how small developers can sells games like Tetris through the VC.

SnesR0X
October 16th, 2006, 00:32
yeah, but this is talking about wii titles, not just a 8-bit game right?

JKKDARK
October 16th, 2006, 04:22
I don't know why, but I prefer the discs..

lexluthor
October 16th, 2006, 14:11
Downloading a full game would take a long long time.