PDA

View Full Version : PS3 – No Component Cables or Infra Red

wraggster
October 12th, 2006, 17:03
It’s another PS3 bad news double-whammy today, as it's revealed that both models of Sony’s ‘super computer’ will come bundled only with the standard red, white, and yellow composite cables in Japan.

Of course, you’ll also get a power cord, USB cable and ethernet cable.

The disappointing news that you won’t be able to connect your PS3 to a High Definition TV out of the box comes from the latest issue of Japanese gaming bible, 'Famitsu'.

Playstation 2 users who have already kitted themselves out with a component cable will be able to use that on their Playstation 3.

News is also emerging that the PS3 lacks an IR port. This, in effect, means that home cinema buffs looking forward to using the PS3 as their Blu-ray movie player won’t be able to use a universal remote with the machine. They will, therefore, have no choice but to shell out for Sony’s own PS3-compatible remote.

So, what do you think? Are these minor gripes? Would you be happy to go out and shell out £10/£15 ($30) on a component cable when you buy your PS3? Or should you have one already?

migsgiz
October 12th, 2006, 19:11
minor gripes if u ask me
i have that component cable for the ps2 too, so im good

JD/
October 13th, 2006, 16:41
I could get the cable for like £5 but Im not sure about the remote that seems like it would be expensive since you cant substitute it.

briyan
October 13th, 2006, 16:52
component cables are getting cheaper these days..however, not much can be said about the remote. these are really MINOR gripes but i'm sure "Sony Bashers" will have something to say about it here..

SnesR0X
October 13th, 2006, 16:54
It's not like it's the biggest deal in the world, but they definatly made the impression that it would be out of the box HD, espicially when you have to pay so much for it....