PDA

View Full Version : OpenBoR v2.0049-029 PSP

SamuraiX
October 13th, 2006, 16:33
New version of the BeatEm UP Engine for the PSP

Updates

---> 2.71SE-A Compatible.
---> Preview of paks in menu.
---> Extra 4MBytes of OS space now utilized! (Thank You TyRaNiD over at pspdev.org !!!)
---> New Save System which now has slots for each difficulty mode. Old saves are no longer compatible!
---> LogFile system has been upgraded. If a mod doesn't run just check it at /Logs/OpenBorLog.txt

The 4MBytes of OS space was from suspend/sleep mode which I do not support in OpenBoR and gets released back to OS when exiting the engine.

And finally... as usual alot of bug fixes ;)

As I have not finished adding new features to the official OpenBoR engine to make it v2.0050 I felt All of you PSP users would benefit with the extra memory.

So mods like X-Men (require more memory) should now have no problems with the extra memory.

Please redownload to v029. Minor bug fix from v028.
Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

splodger15
October 13th, 2006, 16:46
Good to hear

NovaKane
October 13th, 2006, 16:58
Thanks for the latest update. Does this mean I will be able to finish X-Men or just get a little further than I did before? Also, does this version support every pak.

OpenBOR pwns.

SamuraiX
October 13th, 2006, 17:02
With an extra 4MBytes if mods had memory issues before and required an extra 4MBytes then they should now work. So... this should allow more aggressive mods but if it still requires more than 28 MBytes to play then we are out of luck.

As for every pack.... Yes but with a catch. If the mod was made for BOR or OpenBoR. Not DarkOpenBoR like Vampires Rage. I think there are like only 4 mods that are strickly DarKOpenBoR only.

NovaKane
October 13th, 2006, 17:07
I asked about pak compatibility because the last version of OpenBOR I tried, it played Strider X and A Tale of Vengeance, but it wouldn't play Hatchet Ninjaz. HN did run on older versions of OpenBOR though.

jak66
October 13th, 2006, 17:07
hmm, anywhere i can get paks for this (and please no 'google is your friend' ive tried), ive tried this before, but never found any good paks

NovaKane
October 13th, 2006, 17:09
hmm, anywhere i can get paks for this (and please no 'google is your friend' ive tried), ive tried this before, but never found any good paks

borgeneration.com

SamuraiX
October 13th, 2006, 17:14
I asked about pak compatibility because the last version of OpenBOR I tried, it played Strider X and A Tale of Vengeance, but it wouldn't play Hatchet Ninjaz. HC did run on older versions of OpenBOR though.

I will try hatchet Ninjaz. But do check the log file under /Logs/OpenBorLog.txt This will tell you whats wrong. I revamped the Log file to give us as much info as possible. It gets overwritten every time a new mod is started.

D0N
October 13th, 2006, 17:21
Thanks for the update SamuraiX! I can now enjoy more Paks! :D Keep up the excellent work! :)

NovaKane
October 13th, 2006, 17:27
I will try hatchet Ninjaz. But do check the log file under /Logs/OpenBorLog.txt This will tell you whats wrong. I revamped the Log file to give us as much info as possible. It gets overwritten every time a new mod is started.

Ok, thanks for that advice.

ACID
October 13th, 2006, 18:04
Thanks a lot samuraix. Great work keep them coming.

S34MU5
October 13th, 2006, 19:02
this is a cool app.
P.S im back everyone. althow u wont care :'()

Apoklepz
October 13th, 2006, 19:25
Sweet Jesus! Thanks SamX! Now I can FINALLY finish X-men...Joy!

mr_nick666
October 13th, 2006, 20:37
Fantastic news! :D This is a permanent resident on my memory stick - great to have an updgrade :p Theres so many cool .paks out for it now too :cool:

jurkevicz
October 13th, 2006, 23:07
I love this homebrew! I know I've mentioned before, but it only needs zip support. Then it will be perfect.

SamuraiX
October 13th, 2006, 23:34
Zip support would not make much of a difference. Download a zipped up mod. Then extract it and you will see its only a slight difference. Not sure if its worth the time to implement......

Soccrmastr
October 14th, 2006, 05:37
I have a quick question... how can I get thsi to run on version 1.5 PSP's? And BTW I love this! I have used it for a while with eLoader but just decided to downgrade to 1.5 again, and am not sure how to make 1.0 games work with 1.5. can anyone help me out?? thanks and keep the new releases coming!

jvabbdac
October 15th, 2006, 03:34
Where can i get the mods ? I have only one of the gpx page ! I like that of X-man, and other ! Anybody can tell me ? Thanks !

D0N
October 15th, 2006, 09:26
go to www.borgeneration.com and then go to "Mod's Section". All mods ever made are located there ;)

S34MU5
October 15th, 2006, 19:45
im just gettin into this beats of rage what is it??
and where can i get roms or watevr it plays? any help would be appricated!

ablauser1
October 18th, 2006, 15:03
NICE PROGRAM! I just heard of this a week ago and it's GREAT! An emulator to play side scrooling Final Fight "type" games. As stated above you can get COMPLETE MODS at www.borgeneration.com or any of the other sites listed in the readme file. Place the unzipped MOD in the Paks folder and it shoud be available in the BOR menu.

2 Questions-
How do you "SAVE STATE"?
How do you MULTIPLAY WIFI or is this not possible?

NovaKane
October 19th, 2006, 05:52
I have a quick question... how can I get thsi to run on version 1.5 PSP's? And BTW I love this! I have used it for a while with eLoader but just decided to downgrade to 1.5 again, and am not sure how to make 1.0 games work with 1.5. can anyone help me out?? thanks and keep the new releases coming!

You need to use PSPBrew to make it work for 1.5. It will make it kxploit ready. It's very simple once you get the program on your comp.

NovaKane
October 19th, 2006, 05:55
NICE PROGRAM! I just heard of this a week ago and it's GREAT! An emulator to play side scrooling Final Fight "type" games. As stated above you can get COMPLETE MODS at www.borgeneration.com or any of the other sites listed in the readme file. Place the unzipped MOD in the Paks folder and it shoud be available in the BOR menu.

2 Questions-
How do you "SAVE STATE"?
How do you MULTIPLAY WIFI or is this not possible?

Not sure about the second question but as far as saving, the emu automatically does that after each level (each section of the level as well if I'm not mistaking). So if you quit, you'll start at the beginning of the last level (or section of the level) you exited at.

ablauser1
October 20th, 2006, 02:58
Thanks for the info NovaKane. I would try this now but my PSP LCD screen cracked yesterday. :-( I'll have to wait until I get a new screen ordered and install it.

Apoklepz
November 6th, 2006, 18:40
Hey all...I wanted to test Mr. Q's latest BOR mod, "Final Fight Apocalypse - 2nd Edition" today on Open BOR for PSP, but It freezes upon selecting a character and automatically shutsdown the PSP...just thought I'd report it here...and I did download it from borgeneration.

Psyche!
December 9th, 2006, 07:04
I downloaded Beats of Rage as a .rar file and I don't know what to do now. Whenever I open the eloader by kriek it says "Not Homebrew" I have no clue what to do where to put the file or anything

Could you please help me I'm desperate, I've been trying for a week now and I have gotten nowhere.

Much appreciated