PDA

View Full Version : Metroid Prime 3 Online and DS Connectivity

wraggster
October 13th, 2006, 19:45
Via Cubed (http://www.cubed3.com/news/6116/1/Metroid_Prime_3_Online_and_DS_Connectivity)

Earlier today an anonymous reader sent in an interesting rumour for the upcoming Metroid Prime finalé, Corruption. Apparently industry sources suggest the reason for the delay was to implement Wii Connect 24 features, refine the graphics/expert mode and possibly integrate Wi-Fi multiplayer features with the success of the DS version. Whilst there's a strong chance of some of these being false, the prospect of online battles and DS connectivity sure adds incentive to the wait.

lexluthor
October 13th, 2006, 19:49
I imagine the main reason for the delay was to stagger the release of their big 1st party titles... stopping a drought following Christmas (Like the GC)

However if during this period they find time to put in some cool features then so be it.

darkpaladin502
October 13th, 2006, 19:57
I could deal with this - an online metroid game with the Wii would be pretty cool. It would be even better if they integrated a bluetooth headset interface, so you could trash talk players while you shoot at them.

emuking
October 13th, 2006, 20:18
they better put online, i tried all day today to preorder a wii but i couldnt, now i have to buy one on launch day from either toys r us or a store that has them in stock if im lucky, on launch day when i bought my ds lite i got it from toys r us because they were the only store that had them in stock and they had alot of them, hopefully the same will happen to me with the wii, metroid better have online and it should have voice chat ingame and in lobbies and have friends/rivals lists and also messaging

ACID
October 14th, 2006, 07:20
I could deal with this - an online metroid game with the Wii would be pretty cool. It would be even better if they integrated a bluetooth headset interface, so you could trash talk players while you shoot at them.
Now thats a nice concept there. I would take that as well. :D

fg-54
October 14th, 2006, 23:45
that would be cool.

bagofsnakes
October 16th, 2006, 00:49
This idea is a bit out there but I thought this sounded kinda cool. Implement DS connectiviety, and give out a wrist strap to affix the ds to your arm and use the top screen as map/radar, and the touch pad to change weapons. Probably would make game more difficult, but feel more relistic. When your playing it