View Full Version : PSP: Hen C AutoExec mod v0.32 by 0okm

kando
October 13th, 2006, 20:22
via http://0okm.blogspot.com :

Hen C AutoExec mod v0.32 by 0okm

Download-Link #1: AutoExec_Hen_C_Installer_v0.32.zip

This PROGRAM just for FW2.71 with "Homebrew enabler for 2.71 (Revision C)"
Don't use ON other ver! ! !

CAUTION: This PROGRAM MAY BRICK your PSP! ! !
Use it at your own Risk! ! !

Note:
If you want to use other Wallpaper,
You can replace ms0: /psp/photo/aehenci/bin/wallp0okm.bmp before install
Or change it after "Hen C" was run

he also gives detailed instructions with pictures on that particular post.

Source: http://0okm.blogspot.com/2006/10/hen-c-autoexec-mod-v032-by-0okm.html

cheers! 0okm still doin great things!!
and i intentionally did NOT include the download link so that you can visit his page and view the pictures and detailed instructions before you try this.

as always THIS CAN BRICK YOUR PSP so be smart and read all instructions, and you should be fine :)

----

One other thing, for your own protection, a few words of wisdom shared by Fanjita:

"It would be sensible to install the fonthack before doing anything with stuff that auto-runs from flash1.

If you don't, and things fail for some reason, you may have no way to unbrick.

If you do have fonthack, you can just remove the memory stick and reset your flash1 settings."

thanks for the tip Fanjita!

Kramer
October 13th, 2006, 20:34
Well it's good to see that 0okm hasnt given up on the PSP scene.

This will make it much more convenient for 2.71ers.

Veskgar
October 13th, 2006, 21:33
0okm is still at it. That is great news.

Keep it up 0okm, you are appreciated and respected more than you know.

mr_nick666
October 13th, 2006, 21:36
Well it's good to see that 0okm hasnt given up on the PSP scene.

This will make it much more convenient for 2.71ers.

Good news indeed :) Its a worry when the big boys go quiet :confused:

Its all good for those 2.71 folk :rolleyes:

carpy
October 13th, 2006, 21:40
TA-082 brickage?

If not, this OFFICIALLY makes 2.71 the "golden Firmware"

kando
October 13th, 2006, 21:42
2.71 is not the golden firmware.

2.71 SE-A is closer to being the golden firmware.

but ta-082 ppl cant use 2.71 se-a so they need hen-c on regular 2.71 to play at least SOME homebrew.

this is ta-082 compatibile. it will can not brick ta-082 any easier than any other psp :)

splodger15
October 13th, 2006, 21:50
This is very good news

carpy
October 13th, 2006, 21:50
2.71 is not the golden firmware.

2.71 SE-A is closer to being the golden firmware.

but ta-082 ppl cant use 2.71 se-a so they need hen-c on regular 2.71 to play at least SOME homebrew.

this is ta-082 compatibile. it will can not brick ta-082 any easier than any other psp :)

Thank you for incorrectly describing what I already know.

TA-082 users have to use HEN-C. HEN-C allows you to play ALL Homebrew on a 2.71 PSP, either natively in 2.71 or through Devhook emulating 1.50.

2.71 SE actually has a lower compatability rate than straight 2.71 with HEN-C - especially with ACTUAL PSP UMD's.

If this loader works everytime after install, it gives a TA-082 user the same compatibility that a 1.50 user has, right from start-up.

burrito
October 13th, 2006, 22:00
Does this make it so you don't have to run HEN every time you hard reset your PSP and want DevHook on your 2.71?
Or does this make your 2.71 psp always start up on emulated 1.5?

kando
October 13th, 2006, 22:36
Thank you for incorrectly describing what I already know.

from what you re-described, it appears i correctly described it....

TA-082 users have to use HEN-C. HEN-C allows you to play ALL Homebrew on a 2.71 PSP, either natively in 2.71 or through Devhook emulating 1.50.

If this loader works everytime after install, it gives a TA-082 user the same compatibility that a 1.50 user has, right from start-up.

yea this does eliminate the instability of the tiff exploit, however, you still need to devhook back to 1.50 to get full support for that. 2.71 HEN-C runs very few homebrew.

and with 2.71 SE you can STILL devhook back to 1.50.

2.71 SE actually has a lower compatability rate than straight 2.71 with HEN-C - especially with ACTUAL PSP UMD's.

really? id like to hear your logic on that.

and im not trying to be rude, i just enjoy intelligent debates :)

Does this make it so you don't have to run HEN every time you hard reset your PSP and want DevHook on your 2.71?

the first one....it always has your psp HEN-C'ed on startup. no more having to worry about running the enabler manually!

Kramer
October 13th, 2006, 22:39

what it does is it runs the henc tiff when your psp boots up so you dont have to do it manually.

carpy
October 14th, 2006, 00:42
from what you re-described, it appears i correctly described it....

yea this does eliminate the instability of the tiff exploit, however, you still need to devhook back to 1.50 to get full support for that. 2.71 HEN-C runs very few homebrew.

and with 2.71 SE you can STILL devhook back to 1.50.

really? id like to hear your logic on that.

and im not trying to be rude, i just enjoy intelligent debates :)

And in 2.71 SE or in 1.50 you still have to Devhook for one reason or another.

The difference being there isn't dodgy compatibility with UMDs like there is currently with 2.71 SE.

There is one pain in the ass with this though. once you enable it, if you use devhook to launch a backup, emulating 2.71 from the flash, it re-runs the Hen-C autoboot again, which does occasionally fail.

carpy
October 14th, 2006, 00:43
what it does is it runs the henc tiff when your psp boots up so you dont have to do it manually.

Once installed, it runs it every time your PSP reboots, which going from Devhook into 2.71 from the flah, causes problems.

If it could autodetect whether HEN-Cwas running already, it would be much better.

kando
October 14th, 2006, 00:56
And in 2.71 SE or in 1.50 you still have to Devhook for one reason or another.

no, the only reason u need to devhook in 2.71 SE is either to play iso's or to load custom prx's, which is useless because devhooked 2.71SE fails to show 1.00/1.50 homebrew, and if u cant wait for D_A to integrate custom prx loading in SE revision B, like his PoC 1.50 firmware mod does, then too bad =p

are you sure you're talking about the same 2.71 SE that im talkin about, and not 2.71 w/ HEN-C?

The difference being there isn't dodgy compatibility with UMDs like there is currently with 2.71 SE.

i havent heard of one UMD not playing under un-emulated 2.71 SE...what have you heard different?

ty in advance for a casual conversation....no flames/disses intended :)

carpy
October 14th, 2006, 00:59
no, the only reason u need to devhook in 2.71 SE is either to play iso's or to load custom prx's, which is useless because devhooked 2.71SE fails to show 1.00/1.50 homebrew.

are you sure you're talking about the same 2.71 SE that im talkin about, and not 2.71 w/ HEN-C?

i havent heard of one UMD not playing under un-emulated 2.71 SE...what have you heard different?

ty in advance for a casual conversation....no flames/disses intended :)

I've seen a half dozen threads on various PSP boards complaining about dodgy compatibility with 2.71 SE. Since I have a TA-082, I can't test it myself.

But still, 2.71 w/ HEN c on a TA-082 has just as much compatibility as a 1.50 PSP. That's good enough for me.

kando
October 14th, 2006, 01:05
I've seen a half dozen threads on various PSP boards complaining about dodgy compatibility with 2.71 SE.

i may be mistaken, but most of the threads on compatibility issues were w/ iso loading, which is why there are no posts of the sort on this forum =p

anyways your point is made, and for ta-082 users it definatly is the golden firmware. i'll have to agree on that point :)

cheers!

Fanjita
October 14th, 2006, 01:38
It would be sensible to install the fonthack before doing anything with stuff that auto-runs from flash1.

If you don't, and things fail for some reason, you may have no way to unbrick.

If you do have fonthack, you can just remove the memory stick and reset your flash1 settings.

kando
October 14th, 2006, 01:40
thanks fanjita, gonna throw that in the main post :)

jak66
October 14th, 2006, 08:35

It is true that there are UMD compatability issues (Monster Hunter Freedom is one), but the problem with the UMD issue is HenC itself (when i was on 1.5 and ran devhook to 2.71 with HenC prx loaded, Monster Hunter Freedom refused to work then as well)

burrito
October 14th, 2006, 15:24
Is there any way to make it so when you turn on your psp, it doesn't flash red & black, but just displays a blue screen?
The flashing red screen is very annoying :(

Edit: Ookm made an auto HEN thing that doesn't flash red! http://dl.qj.net/Hen_C_no_flash_red_Patch_v0.0-General-Apps-PSP-Homebrew-Applications/pg/12/fid/10656/catid/151
:)