PDA

View Full Version : Holux GR-231 works OK

Spectreman
October 14th, 2006, 03:19
Hi Deniska.

I gave up trying to get the Garmin GPSIII to work with Mapthis. So I just recently bought a Holux GR-231 secondhand. After a bit of stuffing around, finally got it to work fine with the program. To get it to work, I have not used any resistor. This is important.
Also, when I first started the program, & the GPS was locked on, Mapthis at first said "Bad Data".
I then opened the GPS Test program to verify the data was ok, & it was. The went back to Mapthis, & behold, the data was OK ! It's as if the serial port needed initialising or something with the Test program first. GPS comms are working fine every time now.
I am using the default Readtime of 1.

Really look forward to driving around with the PSP now ! This is a great program.

Cheers, Chris.

deniska
October 19th, 2006, 01:46
Glad you got it working...
The "Bad Data" message in Map This! is rather generic - It may mean - no transmission at all between your GPS and PSP or that you GPS just could not lock on to the satellites...
I'll try to make it more specific in the next release...

Holesoul
November 17th, 2006, 10:36
Hi,
I'm italian and yesterday I've received the HOLUX GR-231.

It works ok with the resistor of 1K but it works even without resistor.

I've only a problem...when I drive around a map, the red arrow can often go out of the street in te map...is it normal???

Spectreman, why you don't use any resistor? Can i say what chage you have made in CONFIG.TXT file?

deniska
November 17th, 2006, 18:52
Hi,
I'm italian and yesterday I've received the HOLUX GR-231.

It works ok with the resistor of 1K but it works even without resistor.

I've only a problem...when I drive around a map, the red arrow can often go out of the street in te map...is it normal???

The resistor is just a safeguard - to make sure you don't fry your PSP...

Your problem could be due to bad presicion of your gps device. If you get a steady deviation (ie always on the left of a given street) try changing a map vendor (ie use MSN instead of google or other way around....)