PDA

View Full Version : A Little help Please

vince69
November 27th, 2004, 19:13
Need to get a new PS2 for my son and there are none to be had anywhere in the UK that I can find

I was over in France today and saw them in a shop but was not sure if it would work here in the Uk obviously the plug woul only be 2 pronged but will it play UK games etc will it run on UK power grid

Any help would be great

Cheers

Kron
November 28th, 2004, 03:10
Where have you looked?

From what I've seen the PS2 and the remodelled smaller version are in plentiful supply in just about any eletrical goods retailler.

Or you could always buy from somewhere like Amazon:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00023HUMG/qid=1101633023/ref=pd_ka_0/026-3752469-8378030

vince69
November 28th, 2004, 03:17
Thanks but been there tried that amazon quote as follows "Sony have informed us that they will be out of stock of the PlayStation 2 console for the next few weeks. As a result, we do not expect to have this item in stock until January 2005. Please try our marketplace sellers for new and used PS2 consoles, or visit our Game Hardware shop to find great deals on other video game consoles"

Lot's of boxes in the store thsa fact is they are empty and they aint got any till after Xmas

Anyoneelse got any ideas re the French aspect

Kron
November 28th, 2004, 05:15
The PS2 uses a universal power lead (The double prong, figure of 8 style input).

You should be able to pick up a power supply lead in a local general purpose shop. You'll be fine with the french one if you get a replacement power lead.