PDA

View Full Version : SuperCard Lite Rumble News

wraggster
October 14th, 2006, 14:03
Could this be another great piece of hardware for us homebrewers to get the most out of, well heres all the details about the SuperCard Lite Rumble, the Flash Cart with Rumble built in for the Nintendo DS Lite:

http://www.linker4u.com/success/images/item/SUPERCARD_LITE_RUMBLE_LE4K9.GIF

Product Features

Built-in RUMBLE system
Particular RUMBLE system, ALL GAME CAN BE RUMBLE
100% DS games compatibility with perfect save function.
New Power Save design, extend playing time
High speed R/W system, support high speed flash memory card, without any slow down.

More Description

The SuperCard Lite RUMBLE (microSD) is a New revolutionary flash kit that uses a standard microSD memory card for its primary memory. MicroSD memory is relatively cheap and is normally used for equipment like digital cameras, but now you can use your microSD memory card for your Nintendo DS Lite!
New to the SuperCard is the Rumble Pak, have fun playing your games while your system shakes!
The SuperCard Lite RUMBLE (microSD) allows for more than just gaming. Now you can use watch movies, play music, browse pictures, read E-Books and more!

Preorder now for USD 32.99 (around 17 pounds) from Linkers4u.com (http://www.linker4u.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=3&A=244&Task=Click)

pawz
October 14th, 2006, 14:15
random rumblings ? what can I say.. i'm excited !!! (oh wait.. that's just something rumbling in my pocket)

chemical
October 14th, 2006, 17:58
Seeing as theres no official DS rumble pack or compatable games, this is a bit useless.

JD/
October 14th, 2006, 18:40
might be useful for homebrew developers but thats about it.

Lorestel
October 14th, 2006, 19:52
Seeing as theres no official DS rumble pack or compatable games, this is a bit useless.

What do you mean there's no official rumble pack? Just check these links.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=279&products_id=8985&
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=278&products_id=9305&

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 20:27
and there are compatible games.

emuking
October 14th, 2006, 20:38
rumble pack is the most useless feature for a handheld who would honestly buy this waste of money

Payk
October 14th, 2006, 20:55
Metroid prime hunters and pinball use rumblefuture for example

jamesgloucester
October 14th, 2006, 21:35
I don't see the point in spending the extra money on rumble features which would rarely get used, and when are used will drain the battery of the DS very quickly.

kcajblue
October 14th, 2006, 21:51
i know for sure i dont need rumble.

paintball745
October 15th, 2006, 05:11
will this work with flash me v7

Adrenalin
October 15th, 2006, 08:58
true, a fairly worthless feature, supercard by itself is cool enough

chemical
October 15th, 2006, 10:06
What do you mean there's no official rumble pack? Just check these links.

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=279&products_id=8985&
http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=278&products_id=9305&

Oh right, I didn't know that, interesting...

Still won't be getting it though, I think rumble is just totally pointless, when you get shot in a game and it rumbles, it doesn't put you in the game anymore, its just annoying.

Whether its a portable or a home console, rumble is pointless, its amazing they managed to fit it in that though, shows hope that they could maybe fit in external ram?, As i can see that being used for a few things in future, and I don't like having to swap both game slots to go on the internet... yes i'm that lazy.

mrpham
October 15th, 2006, 16:58
Weird, the post came out as two..

mrpham
October 15th, 2006, 17:00
I don't see the point in spending the extra money on rumble features which would rarely get used, and when are used will drain the battery of the DS very quickly.

rumble pack is the most useless feature for a handheld who would honestly buy this waste of money

Some people on this board need to be able to compute some elementary basic math. And perhaps, if they grew some testicles, they would mature enough not to be so damn ignorant.

First and foremost, why would I be spending 'extra money' on the rumble feature? Just a tiny wee-bit of research and you might have found out that these rumble packs, that are official Nintendo products, are about $20 USD. Let's review, just in case you cannot understand the information that was directly given on this thread. This Supercard LITE with the rumble feature is being offered for $32.99 USD. Now with some common sense, you might realize that the extra $12.99 your being offered to emulate DS roms/homebrew with a very high compatibility rate. Other alternatives for flashcarts on the DS would primarily be the M3 and the other Supercard variants. If we take a look at the Supercard LITE ( http://www.kicktrading.ca/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=103), the darn thing costs $54.95 USD! As for the M3 alternative ( http://www.kicktrading.ca/product_info.php?cPath=27&products_id=109), that darn thing would cost us $80.00 USD. I don't know about you, but even if that Supercard LITE Rumble didn't have its rumble feature, I would dare say it's a pretty damn good deal.

Some may think I'm overreacting, but this is just pathetic. These individuals are people who live in the digital age but cannot harness the common sense of a child and the basic math of an elementary student. Ultimately, what I'm trying to say is, please think before you post. Do actually try to use your head instead of acting like a complete uninformed child.

pmdroks
October 15th, 2006, 17:19
They forgot to mention it does NOT play GBA games at all.

kcajblue
October 15th, 2006, 17:49
yup. NO GBA support whatsoever.

mrpham
October 15th, 2006, 19:06
There is a big assumption within this thread: everybody who will be buying flash carts will be using it for GBA emulation. I have introduced the product of flash carts to six individuals in my school which would allow them to emulate various ROM files on a flash card. To their amazement, they all went out to purchase these flash carts; five of them buying M3's, and a remaining individual who purchased a Supercard product. For those who are knowledgeable about these flash carts, they should know that the steeper price in the M3's is there primarily for the far superior emulation for GBA as opposed to the Supercard.

Why did I present this personal story? It is because the five individuals who have bought the M3 flash carts did not use their superior product to emulate the GBA platform at all. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone who is buying these flashcarts would not be emulating the GBA platform, but, there are a number of people out there who do not want to emulate the GBA platform at all.

I simply cannot comprehend the fact why this product is being degraded within this thread while it offers a great cost-effective solution for the people who won't be emulating GBA. As I stated before, the product is still a cost-effective solution EVEN without the rumble feature, but at its great price, the rumble feature is more of a freebie then anything else. So this product offers DS emulation, DS homebrew, a rumble pack feature, and it's compact for the DS lite, all for $32.99 USD. It seems pretty damn illogical to call it a bad deal.

kcajblue
October 15th, 2006, 19:10
i dont emulate GBA much myself but im just saying that it doesnt support it.
i wouldnt mind having the Supercard Rumble. because it is really cheap.

jeanetteitheuk
October 16th, 2006, 07:33
I have the suppercard rumble.

I have no interest in GBA games, they only use one screen and don't use the touch screen.

I am very happy with it, and it cost me £10 less then the original supercard lite.

J

kcajblue
October 17th, 2006, 00:21
how much does the Supercard Rumble stick out of a Lite.

Veskgar
October 17th, 2006, 06:40
Having no GBA support sucks, but I have been playing GBA games on the PSP recently thanks to the brilliant gpSP by Exophase.

Much better on the PSP's 480x272 screen. Might not be as sharp as the DS screen due to the scaling but it still looks mighty pretty.

Anyway, I just literally bought a Black DS Lite 2 days ago and I need advice on the perfect "rig" or "setup" for homebrew & emulation.

I was thinking.....

1.) SuperCard Lite (Black)
2.) SuperKey
3.) 2GB Ultra II Micro SD from SanDisk

Any advice? I've asked this in another thread also so I apoligize. I just am vey anxious to start enjoying DS homebrew & emulation.

vicksta42
May 21st, 2007, 01:49
Hi there can anyone tell me how to put ds games on the ds becuase the files are nds how can i convert them to dsq to run it plz help