PDA

View Full Version : Taito Legends Power-Up

wraggster
October 14th, 2006, 16:24
Newly released in the UK:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000GUGIFU.02._PE30_OU02_SCMZZZZZZZ_V39509176_.jpg

Heres whats in the game:

Taito Legends Power Up features 25 furiously addictive games. 21 arcade perfect classics such as Space Invaders, Elevator Action, Balloon Bomber, The New Zealand Story and 4 updated and extended legends exclusive to PSP.

Taito Legends Power Up includes:

Space Invaders
Space Invaders Part 2
New Zealand Story
Phoenix
Alpine Ski
Elevator Action
Crazy Balloon
Chack n' Pop
Lunar Rescue
Balloon Bomber
Legend of Kage
The Fairyland Story
Rastan Saga
Raimais
Cameltry
Qix
Kiki Kaikai
Kuri Kinton
Return of the Invaders
Space Dungeon
Space Chaser
Balloon Bomber Enhanced - exclusive to PSP
Cameltry Enhanced - exclusive to PSP
Crazy Balloon Enhanced - exclusive to PSP
Legend of Kage Enhanced - exclusive to PSP

More Info/buy at AmazonUK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fexec%2Fob idos%2FASIN%2FB000GUGIFU&tag=dcemu-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=6738)

JKKDARK
October 14th, 2006, 16:29
Space Invaders the best :)

Illegal Machine
October 14th, 2006, 17:20
Ummm. Didnt this come out a LONG time ago?

i've been playing it for a while, only it was called Taito memories

Basil Zero
October 14th, 2006, 17:58
nice collections game....not gonna get it though..lol

Veskgar
October 14th, 2006, 18:06
Ummm. Didnt this come out a LONG time ago?

i've been playing it for a while, only it was called Taito memories
Its called Taito memories Pocket for the Japanese release which has been out for a while yes. But the ENGLISH version with a different name (Taito Legends) just came out recently. I prefer the English version as I can't read Japanese unfortunately.

This is a pretty good collection of classic games with a few remakes that are a much added bonus. Not as good as the Capcom Collections but still worth it for any retro gamer.

cloudd
October 15th, 2006, 09:35
Someone needs to release The Ninja Warriors by Taito for the PSP that would be sick 2 players. it is basically unplayable on all the console emulators because of sceen limitations. the arecade was 2 or 3 screens long?

Is there a Raine emu for psp?

mr_nick666
October 15th, 2006, 12:22
Id get this for The Newzealand Story... :p I loved that game in the arcade and still play it on MAME :rolleyes:

cawley1
October 15th, 2006, 15:53
Get the Jap release if you want Rainbow Islands (like me!), as the *******s removed that from the UK version...

Hungry Horace
October 15th, 2006, 16:34
Get the Jap release if you want Rainbow Islands (like me!), as the *******s removed that from the UK version...

the version of rainbow islands on the jap release is ALL wrong!!

it's got that stupid Rainbow Islands Extra thing where the monsters fire guns an stuff. it just isnt rainbow islands!

personally i prefer the amiga version of NZS to the mame version.... it just feels better. one of my all time faves though.

i'd buy this if it had arkanoid 2 and regular rainbow islands on it though.... and bubble bobble.

mr_nick666
October 15th, 2006, 17:25
...personally i prefer the amiga version of NZS to the mame version.... it just feels better. one of my all time faves though..

/\ /\ If I hear its better on the Amoeba ONE more time! :mad: Your obesessed man! :eek: While we're doing NZS history - the Master System version of NZS is quite possibly the most faithfull conversion - that said you just cant beat the original arcade version :p (the Speccy version was pretty sweet whilst Im thinking about it... :rolleyes: )

Hungry Horace
October 15th, 2006, 22:46
without a shadow of doubt the amiga one is the closest to the arcade!! (and of COURSE i'm obsessed... it's the best computer ever made! i only stopped using one full-time a got myself a PC in the year 2000.... my amiga was l33t!! )

i'm sure there must be some close ties between the amiga and speccy versions of NZS though (regarding development) becasue hidden away on the amiga title screen in black ink on a black background are the words " (c) 1982 Sinclair Research Limited" :eek:

no word of a lie!

its no wonder the speccy version has the same feel to it.

tried the arcade, nes, c64 and amstrad versions, and none of them are as good as the amiga version imho. the speccy is defeinatly not far behind though!