PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Bobble Evolution

wraggster
October 14th, 2006, 16:36
Another new game released in the UK for PSP:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000EMG7MY.01._PE15_OU02_SCMZZZZZZZ_V59852008_.jpg

Bub and Bob are captured in two separate 3D towers. Both towers are split into 3 sections, with each section having different parameters. Bub and Bob walk on the platforms that are attached to the walls that divide the tower into three. Furthermore, by using the doors in the walls Bub and Bob can move from one section to another. When this happens the screen rotates in full 3D.

A new adventure: An all new adventure for Bub and Bob. Completely redesigned and updated for PSP
Completely unique game system: Trapped inside two 3D towers of terror, they rotate as Bub and Bob move from section to section
One floor, three environments: Each floor of the tower has three sections. Move a frozen key from winter to summer to defrost it
Play as Bub and Bob: One tower affects the other so cooperation between Bub and Bob is necessary. Switch between the two characters whenever you need
Puzzle action:. Change the temperature, air pressure, gravity and air flow to solve the puzzles and progress upwards
Game play surprises: Flip the screen upside down or turn the lights off
Gigantic 3D boss characters: Boss characters the height of the screen literally dwarfing Bub and Bob
Charming graphics: All new re-designed Bub & Bob, and all the old enemies all now in 3D and in a new charming style
Classic Bubble Bobble Action: Brilliant in its simplicity, capture enemies with your bubbles and burst them
New Bubbles: Yoyo and Oblong bubbles!
Multiplayer bubble mayhem: 2-4 friends challenge each other using wireless
2P cooperative fun: Work your way up the towers with a friend. One plays as Bob, the other plays as Bub

More info / buy at Amazon UK (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.co.uk%2Fexec%2Fob idos%2FASIN%2FB000EMG7MY&tag=dcemu-21&linkCode=ur2&camp=1634&creative=6738)

Basil Zero
October 14th, 2006, 17:57
will this game come out in US

MikeDX
October 14th, 2006, 19:03
I imported the jap version of this game, and once again I was bitterly dissapointed. :(

emuking
October 14th, 2006, 20:33
bubble bobble lol who would buy this ^^^ oh never mind :)

JKKDARK
October 14th, 2006, 23:07
Bubble Bobble is a nice serie. I'm still playing the old games :)

Gwimmel
October 14th, 2006, 23:08
The original bubble bobble was great, not sure about this though, i'll find out in a few minutes though!

lord_gandhi
October 15th, 2006, 00:08
the first game of bubble bobble was pWNAGE!!
i h8 the littl kidz in da suits tho, it looks a bit camp

Vega
October 15th, 2006, 01:19
I also managed to import this from Japan, and it wasn't worth the money nor time. If your expectig anything like the old classic bubble bobble, you will be dissapointed like myself and MikeDx.
This game, no offence, is a pile of s**t, no matter what way you look at it.

valar
October 15th, 2006, 01:35
i'd consider buying this game if it cost 2 pounds. no good oldschool gameplay,crap graphics,kids in the suits?wtf.i agree with people above.

jwilds73
October 15th, 2006, 04:25
I imported the jap version of this game, and once again I was bitterly dissapointed. :(

Yeah lets take a simple and fun addictive game and ruin it..... Some games can translate well to newer formats etc like the Ghost and Goblins semi 3D game thats still a side scroller. But they just ruined this game here.

mr_nick666
October 15th, 2006, 12:37
The original Bubble Bobble was an arcade classic :rolleyes: Like you say - why ruin a good thing??? :confused: Why couldnt they have just done a spiffy shiney remake rather than *******ise it with bloody 3D :mad: 3D does not = good.... Gameplay = good :o

Hungry Horace
October 15th, 2006, 16:36
play the original on pspuae.

this does look all wrong. :(

MikeDX
October 15th, 2006, 17:11
play the original on pspuae.

this does look all wrong. :(

yes the uae version is ok but not perfect.

but the most arcade faithful ones are:

gba and nds in classic or "old" modes

playstation1

and obviously mame for those who own bubble bobble pcbs

Vega
October 15th, 2006, 17:51
yes the uae version is ok but not perfect.

but the most arcade faithful ones are:

gba and nds in classic or "old" modes

playstation1

and obviously mame for those who own bubble bobble pcbs

Or the new Taito arcade collection game... with... erm... space invaders :D
Really tho I was so lookin forward to this, waiting by the letterbox like a junkie waiting for crack, and when I played it I was bitterly let down. The levels are just crazy, not in a hard way or enjoyable way... just crazy. And the bubbles come out very slow and with no animations.. just a transparent circle which looks crap. And the addictive playablility of the classic Bubble Bobble is totally gone.

valar
October 15th, 2006, 19:31
you can get bubble bobble for commodore 64 emulator.

Hungry Horace
October 15th, 2006, 22:52
you can get bubble bobble for commodore 64 emulator.

if your into self harm!! ;)

(mr nick will hate me for saying this! :p ) but to me the best version to play is the amiga version on pspUAE. and i disagree about it not being perfect! it is incredibley close to arcade perfection, but it does avoid the one thing i tend not to like on arcade machines.... a button to jump.

gimmie UP to jump anyday!

oh, and it also runs really well on pspuae, which cant be said of everything on it! you can keep your GBA, NDS and PS1 versions to yourself! i'd rather play the speccy version