PDA

View Full Version : PSmonkeys call to arms

wraggster
October 14th, 2006, 18:19
Evening all i just added the news feed from several sites on the network to the PSP site (makes wraggys life easier if when they post news it shows up on the main site ;))

But anyway our great friend and coder PSmonkey is overseeing (he cant code but he can advise) 2 major psp projects and he wishes to have coders and artists join the project.

Full details here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=38945

Jpdeathblade
October 14th, 2006, 18:21
Awsome news!

Welcome back psmonkey =P

S34MU5
October 14th, 2006, 18:34
kul.

BETA tester available

nyrtrublue
October 14th, 2006, 18:53
Its great that he has a way to still help us out monkey you are a saint.

Veskgar
October 14th, 2006, 18:58
Oh man, I am VERY excited about the 2d/3d tactical RPG as those are usually my favorite type of games. And a project capable of the potential that PSmonkey can bring to the table is definitely something to get excited about.

This is very encouraging news. Glad to see PSMonkey still in the game, albeit on the sidelines as a sort of "coach" LOL

Basil Zero
October 14th, 2006, 20:46
wonder why he doesnt change his name and still work in the sidelines....hmmm.....

nyrtrublue
October 14th, 2006, 20:49
because he is an honest guy

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 14th, 2006, 21:26
psmonkey is the best man.....welcome back!!!!

stotheamuel
October 14th, 2006, 21:35
kul.

BETA tester available

gasp... dont let $n!pR see that!

wonder why he doesnt change his name and still work in the sidelines....hmmm.....

how do you know he isnt?

he wouldnt be able to publicly announce it... only his personal friends.. or close people on the forums would know... via pms or somthing

PSmonkey
October 14th, 2006, 21:36
fyi, I never said I was leaving. Just that I would not work on homebrew anymore (refering to me writing them myself). So insted gonna try my hands at managing a handheld project. I think something that is lacking in most homebrew is some form of management (was for me). Homebrew coders tend to pick something, work on it till they are happy or bored with it. Yet it's never done in an organise fasion to be teh most ifficent.

:) So lets just hope I can attrack some good tallent.

Yessy2952
October 14th, 2006, 21:46
fyi, I never said I was leaving. Just that I would not work on homebrew anymore (refering to me writing them myself). So insted gonna try my hands at managing a handheld project. I think something that is lacking in most homebrew is some form of management (was for me). Homebrew coders tend to pick something, work on it till they are happy or bored with it. Yet it's never done in an organise fasion to be teh most ifficent.

PsMonkey. I am yesenia from psp-hacks.
I am not sure if you remember me. I would like to talk to you though. Please Pm or I shall pm you.

Hope you remember :)

Also how you been?

PSmonkey
October 15th, 2006, 07:02
PsMonkey. I am yesenia from psp-hacks.
I am not sure if you remember me. I would like to talk to you though. Please Pm or I shall pm you.

Hope you remember :)

Also how you been?

yes i do remember you. I would PM you but sadly the boards dont seem to let me (guess since you're a new user).

Try to up your post count to 10 then see if you can pm me.

mr_nick666
October 15th, 2006, 12:15
Good to see you mooching about on the scene again PSmonkey :p The homebrew scene needs all the help it can get! :eek:

quzar
October 15th, 2006, 13:05

I've dealt with people who think that management is needed with homebrew stuff, but the sad fact is that management online is simple inefficient. I've seen stuff like this tried before with homebrew and sometimes it goes fairly far, but since it's so easy for people to just disappear, you usually end up working towards a larger goal and not being able to acheive it.

A word of advice: set your goals at something acheivable by a lone coder w/ artist help, get something done, then work from there. It's MUCH easier to write a small game, then expand it than aiming for the moon ;).

PSmonkey
October 15th, 2006, 17:26
I've dealt with people who think that management is needed with homebrew stuff, but the sad fact is that management online is simple inefficient. I've seen stuff like this tried before with homebrew and sometimes it goes fairly far, but since it's so easy for people to just disappear, you usually end up working towards a larger goal and not being able to acheive it.

A word of advice: set your goals at something acheivable by a lone coder w/ artist help, get something done, then work from there. It's MUCH easier to write a small game, then expand it than aiming for the moon ;).

I should kow the first part. I had to deal with a uk studio and also dealing with a publisher in another time zone and testers in a different time zone on top of that. So it's nothing new with me.

As for setting goals low. That is the plan. I'm not saying what will be made untill an actual playable prototype is built. Second all targets are based on what I could have done by my self if I did them. So that alone knows the bar will be high but not far fetched.

HaXz
October 15th, 2006, 17:51
I just wanted to finally say hello. I was having problems getting my dcemu account activated but its finally activated. If you have some time psmonkey I would like to talk to you about a piece of homebrew that I'm working on. I could use a little bit of help with the project because I have never coded anything for the psp. (I have been coding in c since 1996 though so I have some experience and I have alot of free time right now because I'm out of work due to an auto accident). If you are interested my email is [email protected] shoot me an e-mail.

Yessy2952
October 15th, 2006, 19:13
yes i do remember you. I would PM you but sadly the boards dont seem to let me (guess since you're a new user).

Try to up your post count to 10 then see if you can pm me.
Ok I will. lol

LilSwish722
October 15th, 2006, 20:24
WOOT hopefully u can help some people with 2.8 homebrew and emulators.

quzar
October 15th, 2006, 20:38
I should kow the first part. I had to deal with a uk studio and also dealing with a publisher in another time zone and testers in a different time zone on top of that. So it's nothing new with me.

Trust me, it's 100% different when nobody is getting paid for what they do ;)