PDA

View Full Version : Super Mini Halo Beta - DcEmu Exclusive, Now with 2.71 SE version!

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 02:20
Super Mini Halo is a project that I started a while ago. I havent had time to finish it so I am going to post a beta and let the people here go wild. =P

First things first - Specs

Folder named SMH (so you can play with SMM and SMS)
1 Real level, 24 from the SMM v3 download
Halo characters (Master Chief and Grunts...i got alot of colors for each)
Custom background
Somewhat custom sounds

O ya - Works on 1.5 and 2.71 (Just leave the files as they are. The game will not load if you try and hide the corrupt)

Credits:
SMM - Without them none of this would be possable
Banditmax.com for paying the bills
And Bob151jr (me, jpdeathblade) for making some graphics and a lvl and posting....im on a mac! its 10x harder to make this...w/e

The file is attached below...go crazy =P

PS: Any fan made levels and graphics - feel free to post them, If there good then they might enter the final build =P

ALSO this is DcEmu Exclusive....I only visit this site so dont think im on ps2nfo and stuff...

Here is what some of the graphics look like
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/913/smhgfxio6.png
Some of them need a little work but again im on a mac...

And here is the first level of gameplay by Crowba - http://www.youtube.com/v/rLz3kWxG_g0

EDIT:
New version to work for 2.71 (not tested so let me know if it works)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

TeenDev
October 15th, 2006, 02:24
Does it look a lot like Halo or does it have a lot worse quality because of it being a smaller screen. A SCREENSHOT would be nice.

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 02:26
Master cheif looks like master cheif etc...

Look at my underbanner its like that...Ill add a pic to the first post in a min

EDIT: Done

Also there are some squares that look the same but you can fall through them. So pay atention =P

razorak
October 15th, 2006, 02:30
hey...change your sig...lol

- SMH!!! (I never released it, dont plan to for a while)

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 02:32
beat you to it =P

You can nw visit this thread from my sig. I am happy with the game but Dont have the time (or programs) to continue it and make it better...

TeenDev
October 15th, 2006, 02:41
it doesn't work in my emulator, strange. guss i got 2 get my PSP fixed

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 02:46
What do you mean your emulator?

You shouldnt need anything to run this but a 1.5 psp =P
If It dosent work still Ill go back and see if I can fix the problem.

Here tell me everything that you did to run this...

Kaiser
October 15th, 2006, 03:14
Cool :)

Moved to news forum

TacticalBread
October 15th, 2006, 03:48
This looks nice. But, apparently SMM doesn't work on 2.71 SE, because with this and SMS just stop at the "Reading data" screen.

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 03:54
O so it works on 1.5 but not the 2.71 SE...That explains alot =P

Thx Tactical, I dont have the 2.71 SE to test it.

Birdman2078
October 15th, 2006, 04:58
Didnt maxime make the masterchief image?

ExcruciationX
October 15th, 2006, 05:13
Cool! I can't test this though, because I'm on the 2.71 SE-A firmware. But it look's cool! Good job, jpdeathblade!

DraconumPB
October 15th, 2006, 08:31
Yes you can!!! All you have to do is this:

Put the SMH folder with all of the data files in it in the GAME folder

Put SMH and SMH% (you can delete the data files, i.e. graphics and sound and such out of the GAME150/SMH folder) folders in GAME150...

Basically the game will load out of GAME150 but the data files are to be found in GAME (because that's how SMM is designed to work =/)

Most other SMM mods that are designed for 1.00 work when placed in the GAME folder. Such as Chocobo, Sonic, etc.

crowba
October 15th, 2006, 11:50
Video of the Game in action

http://www.youtube.com/v/rLz3kWxG_g0

mr_nick666
October 15th, 2006, 12:02
Great MOD! - Love it! :p Looks superb and your SFX are pretty cool too ;) I'll have to get this to Vetta - hes a bit of a Halo freak :rolleyes:

S34MU5
October 15th, 2006, 12:36
YES finaly. but jbdeathblade you still shoulda let me beta test for you! lol.
Cant wait to plat this i have been lookin at you user bar for weeks!

pob-pnuk
October 15th, 2006, 13:04
umm how long does it take to load the data coz its taking like 10mins and it still isnt finished

Zukan
October 15th, 2006, 15:51
umm how long does it take to load the data coz its taking like 10mins and it still isnt finished
This happens when you hide the corrupt icon, you need to install the game without touching the % folder.
Nice little game by the way, love them grunts :)

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 16:14
Glad everyone loves it =P
I am going to add a 2.71 SE version (with the hole game150 etc.) to the front page, along with that video.

As for the graphics I made them all myself (the edited ones anyway). Someone else did make a master cheif but I was making one at the same time. Also I am going to release a pic soon that has MC and a Grunt in 15 different colors. So you can edit the character you play as and the monsters you fight.

Now If only I cound find the SMM site and see if they got anything for macs...

TacticalBread
October 15th, 2006, 16:46
Thanks for the 2.71 SE version. :D

JKKDARK
October 15th, 2006, 16:52
Nice, I will try this game. Looks not bad ;)

burrito
October 15th, 2006, 17:25
Is the 2.71 one for 2.71 and HEN
or
2.71 SE?

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 17:41
2.71 SE seems to work. You can try both on HEN but I am not sure, I dont have a 2.71...

As of now Im looking at that Turrican engine...And I am thinking of making halo for that but I dont think the monsters will fit with the boxes that are given...

burrito
October 15th, 2006, 18:13
@Jpdeathblade: In your sig it says
- Custom GBA Emulator (by me)
- Custom GB/GBC Emulator (by me)
What are these?

And the 2.71 SMH with HEN froze my 2.71 psp.
I guess I'll use the 1.5 one in emulated 1.5

I think you should change the title of this thread to:
Super Mini Halo Beta - DcEmu Exclusive, Now with 2.71 SE version!
instead of
Super Mini Halo Beta - DcEmu Exclusive, Now with 2.71 version!
:)

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 18:54
The sig things need to be changed...the gb/gbc is custom graphics
the gba was the .07 version (i combined the 2, and they did that for 8)

I will change the title =P
Thank you for testing the hen for me

omidontop
October 15th, 2006, 19:19
doesn't work ok 2.71 dude :( says the data is corrupted.

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 20:18
Its a special version of 2.71 called SE. To be honest thats about all I know about it...

I got my brother to help me make some levels and I got some more graphics on the way.

Spartan 142
October 15th, 2006, 20:38
What about version 2.81, will it work on that?
and where do i get 2.71 SE?

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 21:00
I will not run on 2.81 only on 1.5 and 2.71 SE (And 1.0 if you use pspbrew etc)

Idk where to get 2.71 SE so I cant help you with that...

Spartan 142
October 15th, 2006, 21:56
Is there any way to get it to work on just regular 2.71?

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 21:59
At the moment no...

burrito
October 15th, 2006, 22:11
Is there any way to get it to work on just regular 2.71?
Yes if you use HEN C and the DevHook that runs on regular 2.71. That's what I do.

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 23:55
=P Man I need to learn more about 2.71

EliteSniper177
October 16th, 2006, 01:37
I dont mean to sond newbish but how exactly do i put this on my psp?, like what folder, and do i have to mod it first?

Jpdeathblade
October 16th, 2006, 01:47
Just place the two folders into ms0://PSP/Game (ms0 is your memorystick)

Then go to the game symble and go to the bottom icon. Open it and you should see the icon for SMH. Congrats your running homebrew. Please note you need Version 1.5 or 2.71 SE

I am editing the starting point of level 1, I am also taking some of the monsters out (theres too many).
I am then going to try and make more levels and edit the graphics that you see.

I also need some help with someone who can help me edit SMM v3. I need to add background support, and some other stuff that will never be added (bc smm was stopped)

creoleplane
October 17th, 2006, 03:03
Why Halo??? It's only the worst FPS game ever conceived.

Jpdeathblade
October 17th, 2006, 12:17
Why Halo...good question. The answer lies in the halo 2 collector edition, you need to get the scarab gun, shoot the ground, then land your dead body ontop of and eliet, then eat a bannana,now all the water in the game will turn red but a few patches, they will spell out the answer...

To be honest, I like Halo. Its a fun game and its enjoyable. I knew someone else was going to do it but I wanted to make mine better then what was going to be put out. Its only a beta but its still a fun game.

So creoleplane I ask that you play this not because its Halo but because its nothing like it. Theres not shooting no fps veiw nothing like that, Its a different game with the same title...

Updates:
I got 2.71 SE-A now and I can tell you that it runs purfectly!

Hard Hobgoblin
October 18th, 2006, 06:38
How do you put it on your PSP? i tried dragging it onto the games, music, picture and video of the PSP MAX manager but its not showing up. i downloaded it to my desktop but what do i do from there?

halo_fan112
October 18th, 2006, 11:22
i have firware 2.00 so 1.5 wont work and 2.71 wont work either what do i do??

Jpdeathblade
October 19th, 2006, 21:26
How do you put it on your PSP? i tried dragging it onto the games, music, picture and video of the PSP MAX manager but its not showing up. i downloaded it to my desktop but what do i do from there?

Make sure you are running psp version 1.50 or 2.71 SE-A and drag it into GAME folder.

i have firware 2.00 so 1.5 wont work and 2.71 wont work either what do i do??

You need to combine the two eboots into one and make 1 folder...or downgrade to 1.5...or upgrade to 2.71 SE-A

burrito
October 19th, 2006, 21:57
lol this is not like Halo.
it's like super mario bros. and pac-man combined.
XD

Jpdeathblade
October 19th, 2006, 22:14
Consitering that it is a SMM (Super Mini MARIO) mod ya I would say that =P

I hate how they used .mod for the sound =(

Anywho I was looking into another halo mod (psp's connect to server and play each other, etc) but there were too many bugs and you needed a degree from nasa to get the server up...

For now I am looking for a coder to help me remake SMM and add a few things.

halo_fan112
October 19th, 2006, 23:05
how do i combine eboot files and also how do i upgrade my firmware cause i have the eboot thingy for the upgrade but dont know where to put it plz help :)

Jpdeathblade
October 20th, 2006, 00:41
I am going to do that for you. I am working on the next version of SMH (Alpha version 1.50)

It is a pack that will contain some new things and a version for 1.00, 1.50 and 2.71 SE along with some other things to help you edit your playing character =P

Upgradeing you shouldnt really do bc i am pritty sure you dont have a 1.00 so dont =P

Hard Hobgoblin
October 21st, 2006, 18:55
ok, well i now figured out how to put it on my psp but when i upgraded i got version 2.81. so now im stuck. can you plz get a version for 2.81 out here so the rest of us can enjoy good old SMM and SMH oh our PSP's? plz

Jpdeathblade
October 21st, 2006, 19:14
bad news.... SMH will only run form 1.0 to 2.71

no hombrew (other then tiff) runs any higher...

jman420
October 24th, 2006, 03:42
hey, JP, I just wanted to ask, if you have a 2.8 F/W psp, why would you need Devhook to run Valkery Profile??? lol, stupid question, and I probobly shouldnt read people's sig's, but it didnt make sence lol...

Jpdeathblade
October 24th, 2006, 11:37
Technacly its my bros psp...Besides If I get VP on my 1.5 then I can have more games in less space (and do homebrew)

Small Update:
We are working on a fourm for our company (Xp Max). There you will be able to download the SMH Pack (all versions in 1 download) when the pack is ready. There will be other stuff too blah blah =P

If you dont feel like signing up I will also put a download here as well with a link to the fourms...

Menyun
October 28th, 2006, 00:58
how do you put it on the psp?

Jpdeathblade
October 31st, 2006, 21:02
Menyun Please read the readme.txt file (your answer is in there)

Everyone we got a fourm up (xpmax.cjb.net) and you can get through it even if you have BESS (so i can get on from school), We also got a myspace at www.myspace.com/xpmax151

Also we have a shortage of psp's to test SMH (we got 2 psp's) If you have a broken, bricked, or damaged psp please pm me or email me if you would like to donate it to help us beta test. Also if you could tell us what is wrong with the psp that would be great as well (broken wifi, broken screen, umd drive, missing aniloge =P etc)
Thanks, the next version of SMH will be out soon...

X-MOD GHOST
November 10th, 2006, 21:31
if ever you need anything im here for ya bro ;) ive made more mods for that engine than you can shake a stick at bro even halo a long time ago when 2.0 came out ;) so this is a mod after my own heart it would be nice if there where a way to select characters like maybe port the char. select from SMW by PERCIVAL over @ psp3d that is where you can find ARGURU as well he is the original coder bro ;)he also made turrican i did a few mods for as most of the scene here knows ...before VETTACOSSX got banned that is...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=26755

SMM MODS ABOVE: 20 MODS IN TOTAL
"thank you shadow apreciate it!"
thanks goes to jmanummkay for his continued help and support and the best theme ideas also came from my buddy jman and my buddy mystery both members of the forums if theres any request for SMM mods not done yet mail me at the addy below
heres what is done in these packs
PACK 1
AQUA TEEN MODS ( 3 charicters)
frylock
shakezoola
meatwadd
Courage the cowardly dog mod
Gauntlet valkerie mod
luigi
mini super saiyen DBZ mod
Zelda (with LINK) mod

PACK 2
bart (SIMPSONS)
FF1 mod 3 charicters include:
white wizard
red wizard
VIVI black wizard
MY kirby mod
mega man mod
MY HALO mod
Robot chicken mod
Wario mod

BuffaloGamer
November 13th, 2006, 23:00
Can you make a version 2.80?

Jpdeathblade
November 15th, 2006, 11:16
I wish I could but the only thing that works on 2.8 is tiff (unless i missed something)

eds89
November 25th, 2006, 13:51
sorry mate, but tiff isnt the only thing anymore, if u havnt heard theres an eloader for 2.8
it also has xloader
just wandering if u can now try to make a 2.8 version??

thanks man

Jpdeathblade
November 25th, 2006, 19:22
Wouldnt the 1.0 or 1.5 run through the eloader? Anyway there is an alpha version now (check my sig for link)
Idk W changed the front page link to that thread =P

jbedd3
March 11th, 2008, 00:39
how do use it the shit comes up but then it say missing some stpid shit