PDA

View Full Version : Teen arrested for bush comments

JKKDARK
October 15th, 2006, 03:47
Via http://www.thewbalchannel.com/technology/10076608/detail.html

Teen Questioned For Online Bush Threats

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A high school freshman upset by the war in Iraq has been questioned by federal authorities after venting her frustration with President Bush last spring on her MySpace.com Web page.

Julia Wilson posted a picture of the president, scrawled "Kill Bush" across the top and drew a dagger stabbing his outstretched hand. She later replaced her page after learning in history class that such threats are a federal offense.

It was too late.

Federal authorities had found the page and placed the girl on their checklist.

The 14-year-old freshman was taken out of class Wednesday and questioned for about 15 minutes by two Secret Service agents. The incident has upset her parents, who said the agents should have included them.

The girl said the agents' questioning led her to tears and that she's not a dangerous person.

Julia Wilson.. what a loser! If you are american and you have a blog with bad comments about Bush, you will be arrested!

razorak
October 15th, 2006, 03:54
i'm speechless....

SSaxdude
October 15th, 2006, 04:15
I remember a story of a veteran of WWII (I think) who was arresting for visiting his friend at a VFW wearing a Veterans for Peace t-shirt. The idiot cop said he was "protesting" and also arrested him for carrying a pocketknife.

The point I'm making is that my government is way too paranoid.

cloud_952
October 15th, 2006, 04:32
In a world like the one we live in, and with people who gladly would harm the president, it's their job to track down security threats.

While some issues may be a bit over the top, people need to think before they say stupid things. Wishing death upon someone, especially a governmental figure you don't even know is serious business. It'd be nice if people would just think about what they're saying. Calling for the murder of another person, especially someone in office, isn't cool just because you're "protesting".

I still agree.. it's a kid and that was over the top. But the kid was being stupid. If you're not prepared for the consequences of your actions, sit down and shut up.

dagger89
October 15th, 2006, 04:46
Now, what would the SS being doing on Myspace... hmmm.... lets see... A site used by most teen girls..... hmmm...

ferds108
October 15th, 2006, 05:49
Americans need to have more respect for the president. Some people may not agree with his decisions, But he is the president, and to put down the president of your country, is to put down the country you live in.

Man
October 15th, 2006, 05:59
Americans need to have more respect for the president. Some people may not agree with his decisions, But he is the president, and to put down the president of your country, is to put down the country you live in.

If your president showed qualitys deserving respect, then maybe amerikans would respect him, not only amerikans, but people of the world.

Cap'n 1time
October 15th, 2006, 06:14
Not a huge fan of Mr Bush or Blubbering teens that write shit on walls or in public bathrooms. But a warning BEFORE IT HAPPENS, keep political arguments in your thoughts and not on DCemu.

Man
October 15th, 2006, 06:28
Not a huge fan of Mr Bush or Blubbering teens that write shit on walls or in public bathrooms. But a warning BEFORE IT HAPPENS, keep political arguments in your thoughts and not on DCemu.

Lmao, thank you, I came here to check psp news and lo and behold a political debate forum, not exactly what i was thinking about but none the less fun. Either way, what the hell arethey doing on myspace.com

cloud_952
October 15th, 2006, 07:17
This is off-topic, in the off-topic forum.

Why is this against the rules, and why should we not talk politics? Isn't that what this forum is for?

Not arguing with those who lay down the law, but I see no logic in why there's something wrong with this.

BL4Z3D247
October 15th, 2006, 08:22
Dubya sucks end of story but i would never wanna harm the guy, just don't want him in office...BRING BACK CLINTON!!!(i wish) :D

kando
October 15th, 2006, 08:25
i've never seen a secret service agent....but now i know how to meet at least one =p

any man who cant eat a pretzil and retain consciousness shouldnt be our president. but hell politics get ppl mad so ill make it simple.

f him.
:) cheers

BL4Z3D247
October 15th, 2006, 08:31
^ lmao, eff him indeed :)

Cap'n 1time
October 15th, 2006, 08:43
This is off-topic, in the off-topic forum.

Why is this against the rules, and why should we not talk politics? Isn't that what this forum is for?

Not arguing with those who lay down the law, but I see no logic in why there's something wrong with this.

It isnt that im trying to censor you (all though i am sick of people trying to play the freedom of speech card in a forum that is in no way owned by the united states government or any government for that matter, we make the rules). It is more that i am trying to prevent a potential flame fest. Political discussions VERY OFTEN lead to that. Plus, off topic certainly dosnt mean you can post whatever the hell you want to... there are still rules in here too.

BL4Z3D247
October 15th, 2006, 08:49
this thread has no more potential for flaming than any other thread if u ask me, but like u said u guys make the rules ;)

S34MU5
October 15th, 2006, 12:51
HAAHHAAHAH Hail Hitler!

IM JOKING DONT ARREST ME!

SSaxdude
October 15th, 2006, 18:53
Dubya sucks end of story but i would never wanna harm the guy, just don't want him in office...BRING BACK CLINTON!!!(i wish) :D
True that, Clinton was our best president and who really cares that he got a bj from Monica.

BL4Z3D247
October 15th, 2006, 19:10
True that, Clinton was our best president and who really cares that he got a bj from Monica.
exactly, what he did was his own business...but he ran the country very well, i remember jobs were skyrocketing, taxes were fair...no wars! can't wait for Bush's term to be over

Kaiser
October 15th, 2006, 19:59
this thread has no more potential for flaming than any other thread if u ask me, but like u said u guys make the rules ;)

Political Discussion is allowed of course. I think 1time was trying to warn everyone to keep it civil. I personally love when people talk politics as long as their views aren't too radical or reactionary to the point where its offensive.

I think this is a great topic. Going to move it to the blog site.

M!ckeY
October 15th, 2006, 21:09
i will become president and make the mind enhancing herb legal.....dun dun dun....SAVE THE WHALES!! >.>

SnesR0X
October 16th, 2006, 00:45
Clinton is way cooler than bush, and it's not very hard to be. Can't wait untill 2008, bush get's outta there and i'll be graduated :) it's not just for the U.S's sake, but for the rest of the world too, we don't want any more terrible decisions by that man, or at least, no more by the people who tell him what to say...

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 16th, 2006, 02:59
all though i am sick of people trying to play the freedom of speech card in a forum that is in no way owned by the united states government or any government for that matter, we make the rules)
Leave it alone dude just leave it alone. Everyone is tired of head strong mods claiming the right to go all mussolini on us because they think there will be a flame war. I'm tired of free speech being used as such a generic clutch for an arguement. It defends your right to say stuff not the stuff you actually said, merrit is everything.. And if this site is soo out of lawful jurisdiction why cant we talk about warez? No law equal no problems for warez dealingz. As long as you are in America you follow its rules, the non American members arnt accountable though and if your not in the U.S. but your American you can't be punished for this sites doings.

If your president showed qualitys deserving respect, then maybe amerikans would respect him, not only amerikans, but people of the world.
I concede there are problems with Bush but you still will not disrespect him in this manner because he is the leader of this nation and it dont matter if you like it or not. YOU WILL respect that office. You want to attack Bush keep it legit dont call him a monkey or a Napolean. Thats the problem with your camp, there is truth to what you say but your either to much of a Bush Basher to know it or you can't put it in mature terms. Thats when you lose credibility. I'm not saying eligence is the winning factors but his enemy base is just so naive and ignorant. And who cares what the World thinks? If the people in this country knew the bad things i knew about our antiAmericans in Europe, Asia, S. America, Afrika, and the Arab World they'd know how rich that shit is. If this girl wants to kill Bush I say let her bring it. She don't back her words or walk the walk just like most of Bush opponents couldn't handle the insurgency, Afghan clans, or other Anti American elements before becoming a slave to them.

Clinton is way cooler than bush, and it's not very hard to be.
Yea thats his problem. He was too cool. I used to like Clinton but now I see he was a strong leader. He ignored Rwanda, discrased us in Somalia, should had recognized Somaliland as a result, the Monica scandal he let the people in his personal life when he should had been man enough and strong enough to tell anyone who wanted to know its time to drop it. Thats when the immature elements of our country came out and he did not discipline them as such since they really are child brained.

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2006, 04:39
Leave it alone dude just leave it alone. Everyone is tired of head strong mods claiming the right to go all mussolini on us because they think there will be a flame war. I'm tired of free speech being used as such a generic clutch for an arguement. It defends your right to say stuff not the stuff you actually said, merrit is everything.. And if this site is soo out of lawful jurisdiction why cant we talk about warez? No law equal no problems for warez dealingz. As long as you are in America you follow its rules, the non American members arnt accountable though and if your not in the U.S. but your American you can't be punished for this sites doings.

wow, you want to talk about leaving it alone? how about not digging through topics looking for things to twist around. WE OWN THIS SITE, WE MADE THE TERMS OF USE RULES, AND WE WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO. The terms of service say no warez. Im going to stick the ban hammer up your ass if you ever spin anyones words again. Its best for you to just leave it alone i think.

BL4Z3D247
October 16th, 2006, 05:02
"Im going to stick the ban hammer up your ass"
LMFAO, that was halarious...funniest threat i've ever heard a mod give out :p

Tetris999
October 16th, 2006, 05:06
ooga booga were crazy

oh yeah i dont like bush and probably never will i find it embarrising how people say you let down your country im almost wtfed by this screw my president u think he represents america? i think the america is the land of freedom not war loving freaks with nukes pshht! how would YOU feel when you have to walk own your street and then you got some crazy americans wanting to take your oil, or just because you have a beard they shoot you i hate u ignorant sobs and saying blah blah theryre so bad blah blah seriously you think that in YOUR ignorance is that you know everything about the world, you had no idea america was having problems BEFORE september 11 you have NO IDEA of how people suffer because theyre a color or a race youre an ignorant fool and you are like 80% other people who are just like you, they dont know crap and i dont have to waste my time with you to explain it all out because i got some crazy secret service attacking me just because i say my opinion

uh oh an angry captain crunch if this upsets you man ill take it down dont go crunchin on me (anyway dont take this as an insult i got warned like a million times already just tell me to take down da post thats all)

stotheamuel
October 16th, 2006, 14:24

that is the stupidest thing ive ever read...

if the president shot your grandma... then raped your dog... should you respect him/her?

Kaiser
October 16th, 2006, 14:43
that is the stupidest thing ive ever read...

if the president shot your grandma... then raped your dog... should you respect him/her?

I think it has more to do with respecting the office, not the president himself.

Darksaviour69
October 16th, 2006, 14:45
It isnt that im trying to censor you (all though i am sick of people trying to play the freedom of speech card in a forum that is in no way owned by the united states government or any government for that matter, we make the rules). It is more that i am trying to prevent a potential flame fest. Political discussions VERY OFTEN lead to that. Plus, off topic certainly dosnt mean you can post whatever the hell you want to... there are still rules in here too.

to be honest i'm happy enough with political topics, but i understand why you worry, since some fools, do post some flamefest/ racist stuff. So i would allow it, but if someone breaks the rules, we will come down heavy on them

edit: i should have read the whole topic... carry on

MikeDX
October 16th, 2006, 14:55
I still say bush is a penis

mesosade
October 16th, 2006, 20:06
hehe what a dumb thread this has become keep it up and it'll be locked.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
October 17th, 2006, 11:25
how about not digging through topics looking for things to twist around. WE OWN THIS SITE, WE MADE THE TERMS OF USE RULES, AND WE WILL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO.
I do not dig through topics bur I consider politics to be my arena. I did not say you weren't the founder, or that you weren't the leader, I simply questioned whattriggered the warez rule, not the rule itself or your right to make rules. But you know what nvm.. I respect your right to lay down the law I just questioned the pretense for it all. Okay we should get the respect part clear, you are the supreme leader. I was just curious.

oh yeah i dont like bush and probably never will i find it embarrising how people say you let down your country im almost wtfed by this screw my president u think he represents america? i think the america is the land of freedom not war loving freaks with nukes pshht! how would YOU feel when you have to walk own your street and then you got some crazy americans wanting to take your oil, or just because you have a beard they shoot you i hate u ignorant sobs and saying blah blah theryre so bad blah blah seriously you think that in YOUR ignorance is that you know everything about the world, you had no idea america was having problems BEFORE september 11 you have NO IDEA of how people suffer because theyre a color or a race youre an ignorant fool and you are like 80%
do you know how people suffer because of skin color? Have you ever been spraid by a hoes? Had a cross burnt on your yard? Had every senator in the south except 3 sign papers stating their goals to uphold injustice? America is the land of freedom not anarchy, you will obey the president, the acting president, and anyone close. If you don't like him you are welcome to fire the cannon balls at fort sumner.. I know plenty about the World and if you bring up youre country I'll know of its racism withe a second. I should also state as an opponent of Great Britain's race policies and discrimination withen its empire that they were the original theives of Iraqi oil. After that came a few dictators ending with Saddam. If there oil was everything our prices would be lower. The fact of the matter is they will have to reimberse us for all the things and loans that have occured. If the civilians were hurt its due to them not outing the terrorists to leave their neighborhoods. The point of them staying is to make them human shields.
if the president shot your grandma... then raped your dog... should you respect him/her?That really reallly depends on why. That would be like having gripes with Jimmy Carter because William Tolbert was assasinated..

to the person who calls the teen's arrest silly im just gonna say its a federal offense to make those remarks. its not like with Hitler when he was put away for a few months and wrote a book, you could face life or worse. why say you will shoot bush if your not serious? then i guess none of her other points are serious.