PDA

View Full Version : Method for running 1.5 versions of SMM Mods on 2.71 SE-A

DraconumPB
October 15th, 2006, 09:24
I have become aware that Super Mini Mario and its various mods are difficult to run on the custom 2.71 firmware from DAX. So, here's a fairly simple way to run most of them from what I can discern:

Some SMM mods are built for 1.0 and some are built for 1.5. While you can use SeiPSPTool to convert between the two, it doesn't help you much here. Here's what to do:

If your SMM or SMM Mod was built for 1.0 natively (not converted from a 1.5 eboot) then: Simply place it in the GAME folder instead of GAME150. Works great! Examples: SMM (original, non-1.5 version), Chocobo Complete, Super Mini Sonic/etc.

If your SMM or SMM Mod was built for 1.5 natively (i.e. the 1.5 version of SMM, or Super Mini Halo - SMH - which was built for 1.5): This is a bit trickier. You have to split up the contents of the SMH folder (for example) so that GAME/SMH contains all the DATA files that are NOT the eboot.pbp. So EVERYTHING that is NOT eboot.pbp goes in GAME/SMH. GAME150/SMH will contain the eboot from the SMH folder, and GAME150/SMH% is the SMH% folder without any other modification.

So this is the structure:

PSP
|__Game
|__|__SMH
|______|__(data files here such as sound, graphics, levels)
|__Game150
|__|__SMH
|______|__eboot.pbp
|__|__SMH%
|______|__eboot.pbp

V3N0M
October 15th, 2006, 11:42
Good to know, thanx. Man i hope everything that has trouble working now like X-flash and other things will be fixed in a new update of the custom firmware. Curious tho, has he said anything on when the next update is planned for?

mr_nick666
October 15th, 2006, 11:46
Great find! :p 2.71 is ever creeping towards being the new 1.5 :eek: (a little way to go yet though... :rolleyes: )

Jpdeathblade
October 15th, 2006, 16:17
Thank you for this

I am now making a 2.71 version of SMH for you guys.

TacticalBread
October 15th, 2006, 16:51
Nice job figuring this out. :D