PDA

View Full Version : CIntro Released - New PMF Player

wraggster
October 15th, 2006, 13:16
PopcornX (http://piccahoe.phase1media.com/wordpress/?cat=1) posted this news/release:

BEFORE ANYTHING, I WOULd LIKE TO THANKS AND GIVE MOST OF THE CREDIT TO Sorin P. C who make the pmfplayer AND THANKS TO DARK_ALEX FOR MAKING THE CUSTOM FIRMWARE!

WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?
This is almost like HelloPRX by Sousanator except it plays PMF files instead of displaying ascii.
This program will play a PMF (length does not matter now! you can make your pmf how ever long you want!) file after you do a hardboot. During the movie, you can press X to skip the movie...However, the movie will freeze and if you press X right when the movie is about to be over.

THIS SHOULD NOT BRICK YOUR PSP SINCE YOU HAVE ALEX'S CUSTOM FIRMWARE OR HARLY OR ANOTHER CUZTOM FIRMWARE INSTALLED!!!

You can see an example here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Dys6StWwYs

thanks to kage no yami and his cool intro!

NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY USE .PMF MOVIES

Requirements:
Custom Firmware Proof of Concept - by Dark_alex
An PMF movie that you want your intro to be
1.5 Firmware (this has not been tested out on 2.71...email me at [email protected] if you tried it on 2.71.)

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Please read throughly before trying this software

Nikolaos
October 15th, 2006, 13:58
O.O this looks dangerous lol , i think im going to read the readme ^_^, downloading.

carlitx
October 15th, 2006, 14:10
whats a PMF file?

nigelrigel
October 15th, 2006, 14:29
whats a PMF file?
a PMF file is just a 'Psp Media Format' file, it is used by sony and can be found in UMDs And Firmwares

Vibestar
October 15th, 2006, 14:34
Requirements:
Custom Firmware Proof of Concept - by Dark_alex

What firmware is this. The 2.71 SE ?? Sure would like to test this with my one made pmf files. Is it no problem that most of the pmf files are different in the fw 2.71.
I made a few and the worked fine in the 1.5 fw for icon1.pmf but not for the gameboot.pmf. Also in 2.71 when I used a icon.pmf (homemade) it would freeze.

Unicorn
October 15th, 2006, 15:25
to use the last version of iR Shell, you can download it just here, in the best PSP community, DCEMU. It can play PMF files, even with sound. Just open them using the files explorer :-).

If you want to get the Spanish version of iR Shell, you can come to beta.pesepe.com.

Tetris999
October 15th, 2006, 16:02
just remember that the notorius umd tools make the pmf movies so how are we gonna get em?

Vibestar
October 15th, 2006, 16:28
just remember that the notorius umd tools make the pmf movies so how are we gonna get em?

***** *** **** ****. *** **** ***, sorry.

siulmagic
October 15th, 2006, 17:22
errm 0o cough psp-hacks.com/forums cough gosh im feeling bad today 0o

DPyro
October 15th, 2006, 17:22
Pretty cool. I'm gonna test this out now :)

Vibestar
October 15th, 2006, 17:32
why isn't this posible with 2.71SE ???
Couldn't DA bake it in this fw ???

DPyro
October 15th, 2006, 17:53
Ok I tried this out with harleyg custom firmware. It works but you have to hold X down to autoboot, and it takes a few seconds to load, as all your really doing is booting up an app which plays the video then goes back to the xmb. In other words, the idea is good...but it should be implemented into a custom firmware instead of lauching a new app.

siulmagic
October 15th, 2006, 18:03
hmm so you have harlegs to dang i was hoping i could load it tro the prxs in startup meh =/

popcornx
October 16th, 2006, 00:00
for harely custom firmware use this
http://piccahoe.phase1media.com/prxForHCF.zip

put this file in root:\PSP\SYSTEM\INTRO

hold x to see the intro and circle to cancel the intro.

Cloudhunter
October 16th, 2006, 00:12
why isn't this posible with 2.71SE ???
Couldn't DA bake it in this fw ???

I believe prx loading will come later in the development of the firmware, according to the wholy book of Dark_AleX's readme, chapter "TODO".

Cloudy

Gabba Gandalf
October 16th, 2006, 08:41
it seems to be a good app for the psp but i cant get it to work

my psp fw 1.5 harlygs costum firmeware

Vibestar
October 16th, 2006, 09:39
I believe prx loading will come later in the development of the firmware, according to the wholy book of Dark_AleX's readme, chapter "TODO".

Cloudy

Oh sorry. :D Just wanted to look at this nice app.

pkmaximum
October 19th, 2006, 01:47
Nice app... but it would be nice if it was more like a standard load up PRX were the PMF just played normally. Because this is literally loading up a whole application then, just returning to the XMB. Not worth it, as loading times for a whole PBP takes a descent amount of time =S

siulmagic
November 26th, 2006, 17:59
i know there has been time since it release but whata hell this does work for 2.71 se yous set it in the recovery menu as boot up app in configurations and it works

a.denied
December 10th, 2006, 22:19
I have a question.

I use proof of concept, however this overwrites the PoC config.txt file. Can I edit this new config.txt file so it hides the "corrupt" icons?

How long can they be? This one clocks in at 8 seconds, while i've been told no longer than 2 seconds.