PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi v0.2

D0N
October 15th, 2006, 17:52
Hi all,

I have been hard at work and finally I have got to a point where I can release the next version of Shinobi! Here is what version 0.2 includes:-

-Ability to kill enemies
-Storyline
-Scrolling Backgrounds
-New Shurikens
-Jumping Animation
-Jumping Sound Effect
-Crouching
-Pause Menu
-Flashing "Press Start"
-Splash Screen/Intro Screens Fade In/Out
-RPG Style Fighting
-Credits screen in menu
-Controls screen in menu (not changeable - just to see what buttons to press :D)
-New Menu
-New Eboot Icon & Background Made by me
-Tutorial Level
-Finally, last but not least a longer level :D

A lot of changes there for you to enjoy ;)

Hope you like it!

NOTE:- Everyone has been credited in the credits screen in the main menu of the game. ;)

Download and give feedback via comments

AtariFreek
October 15th, 2006, 18:08
Excellent job! Pretty nice game.

BL4Z3D247
October 15th, 2006, 18:36
dawd "The Don"...that has a nice ring to it, nice release keep up the good work man

mr_nick666
October 15th, 2006, 19:12
This is looking really nice mate :) Theres a few things though...

1. The text on the intro is a bit hard to read and would be better if it exited on a button press
2. You have to press the Start button a ton of times to get it to work!
3. The menu is very unresponsive and would be better if Start started the game (as it doesnt say press X!)
4. The tutorial glitched on me a load of times (kept going between 3 and the last one!) - Maybe you should have "Press Triangle To Skip" or something too.
5. My character just stopped when I met the bad guys no matter how much joypad wiggling and button bashing I did!) plus they kept disappearing!

Oddly 2-3 worked much better the second time I played it :confused:

I know its only a beta and I hope you dont take my comments too harshly as Im only trying to help ;)

This is looking like a great game (very well presented :D ) just got a few bugs to iron out :o

D0N
October 15th, 2006, 20:09
1) Will be fixed in next release
2) Will be fixed in next release
3) The menu worked fine for me
4) Will be fixed in next release
5) The last part of the game is like an rpg fight...you have to press square to attack when it tells you to, you can't move around on that part ;)

Thanks for finding these glitches and posting about them, I'll get them fixed ASAP and release shinobi v0.2b soon :)

jairolas
October 15th, 2006, 23:59
post this in pspupdates :D

PSPKOR
October 16th, 2006, 00:53
Looking nice man. One/two glitches i found was if you stand still and jump the animation stays the same(just standing) and if you land from a jump and dont push any buttons the the animation stays the same.
Other than that its coming on well.

D0N
October 16th, 2006, 14:09
Yeah I noticed these glitches as well but I couldn't fix them, hopefully I'll get them fixed for the next release. Thanks for telling me :)

PSPKOR
October 16th, 2006, 16:41
I had the same problem in my Bruce Lua game.
I think you can just have it so if player.jumpstate == "ground" then the player animation = the animation for him on the floor. But i'm not too sure.

-----Edit------
And like wise for when he jumps, so if jumpstate > ground then show jumping animation.

D0N
October 16th, 2006, 18:25
Thanks for the info...I'll try it later on and get back to you :)

mr_nick666
October 16th, 2006, 20:45
1)The last part of the game is like an rpg fight...you have to press square to attack when it tells you to, you can't move around on that part ;)

Dont I feel like Mr Retard! :o

Thanks for finding these glitches and posting about them, I'll get them fixed ASAP and release shinobi v0.2b soon :)

No worries ;) Like I said - Its looking great! :p

D0N
October 16th, 2006, 22:47
Ok here you go mr_nick666. Hopefully those five things that you mentioned before should be fixed now.

Please tell me if they're not.

As for the things you mentioned PSPKOR they'll be fixed soon as well.

ACID
October 16th, 2006, 22:56
Thanks for the update. So the don is really dawd interesting

Phantom Azazil
October 17th, 2006, 02:15
Nice dude.
Kinda off topic: Are you going to watch the movie?(Don)

D0N
October 17th, 2006, 18:01
Thanks for the update. So the don is really dawd interesting
No problem..glad you like my game :) I am dawd...I just got my name changed to The Don :)

btw I just uploaded some screenshots of the game in the first post incase you're too lazy to download it :p

zx-81
October 17th, 2006, 18:32
keep it up :)

D0N
October 17th, 2006, 18:39
Thanks :) Watch out for version 0.3..i got more tricks up my sleeve ;)

ACID
October 17th, 2006, 18:47
Oh i down loaded it its a great game. Keep up the great work and of topic ZX what do you have up your sleeve next.