PDA

View Full Version : ATPSP 3.1 - Anti Theft PSP

wraggster
October 15th, 2006, 20:33
Bawls has released what he says is the final version of his Anti Theft Software for PSP, heres the full release details:

ok this will most likely be the last release. This is an app that will help return your psp if it is stolen and the thief access' the memory stick via usb, this app will send you an email with his IP . this file is only about 3 kb so it should not concern people about space. just have this on your stick just in case.I made a flavor of ATPSP for the conservatives out there which shuts down ur computer if ur not the owner and try to access the PSP stick

PAST VERSIONS WILL NOT WORK

If you vote please suggest what i should do. The harshest i can think of is to just shutdown the comp everytime it is started.. and changing the background if i can

ok here is what this release is about:
# should send a popup to everyone on the network that that person stole the psp.

OK to get started.
1.Right click on my computer and click properties
2. Go to the Advanced tab
3. Click on Enviormental Variables at the bottom.
4. You will see 2 white boxes. one above the other. click into the lower one labeled System Variables.
5. Click New
6. A box will popup asking variable name and variable value
Variable Name = thief
Varable Value = false

MAKE SURE SPELLING IS CORRECT!!!!

7. After you Add the info click the OK box. Keep clickin the ok box until you have exited to your desktop.

Great now you are considered the PSP owner

drag all the files in the attachment into the root of your psp (X:/)

now you have to setup your email
1. Right click the .htm file and click edit or open it with notepad
2. Near the end you will see a crazy email adress (asdf92j4509sdjfi340i5df@ gmail.com)
3. replace this with your email adress. In my case it would be [email protected]
4. save this .htm file and close it

Great now the rest is optional
there are 2 .ico files for you to choose from. you can find more online but for now lets use one of these 2. by default you are using psp.ico. if you wish to change that do the following
1. open autorun.inf with notepad or right-click and click edit
2. change icon=psp.ico to icon=whatever_icon_you_wa nt.ico

ok now to change the PSP title

1. open autorun.inf with notepad or right-click and click edit
2. Change label=PSP to label=Phils Amazing PSP or whatever you wish.. just be sure to not change label= just whats after that.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via bawls (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=686666&postcount=1)

dragoncurse10
October 15th, 2006, 21:04
wow this i cool no more ppl stealing my psp woot this is actually a great app then and even if they do they can deal witht the cops i mean come what is wrong with ppl stealing psp it's only $200 or $250 but still not that expensive for what it can do i'm gonna test it

Tetris999
October 15th, 2006, 21:18
yeah even if it appears useless its still handy

dragoncurse10
October 15th, 2006, 21:21
we need more ppl making app to block theft maybe one that give psp a password so that they can't turn it on but i am prob thinking for the imposible

mavsman4457
October 15th, 2006, 21:30
Would we still be able to transfer files from a different computer without being recognized as a thief?

Gene
October 15th, 2006, 21:36
i think it would be pretty cool if you could change the background of the computer to a Jpeg that says something Like;

"Return This Psp To Me, Or The Cops Will Return It For You. I Give You 5 Hours."

But anyway this is great! ive been using this since day one of release. keep up the great ideas!

S34MU5
October 15th, 2006, 21:43
yeh would i be able to take it to my mates house without it thinking they are the thief. an easier whay to do this would be handy.

plus instead of shutting down the comp how about deleting the OS

no_pulse
October 15th, 2006, 22:11
yeh would i be able to take it to my mates house without it thinking they are the thief. an easier whay to do this would be handy.

plus instead of shutting down the comp how about deleting the OS

I think the whole OS idea's a bit extreme, cus if it thinks you're the thief and deletes the OS u'd be pretty angry :p.

Slightly off topic: What would be good is if on custom firmware it could load a PIN input screen before it loads everything up, may not be possible but its just an idea :)

Festizzio
October 15th, 2006, 22:14
This would be nice if it could somehow be flashed to the PSP, all the thief has to do is format the memory stick before connecting it to his computer, and it's all gone.

-=me=-
October 15th, 2006, 22:22
it would be helpful if there was a way to connect to a second comp without shutting it down, like a laptop or friends.
Password or change the usage of update icon?

ferds108
October 16th, 2006, 01:40
Easy. Change your friend's computer so the program doesn't think he stole it.

Control Panel->System->Advanced->Environment Variables->System Variables: add a new one called "theif" with a value of "false". (without the quotes)

BL4Z3D247
October 16th, 2006, 01:47
we need more ppl making app to block theft maybe one that give psp a password so that they can't turn it on but i am prob thinking for the imposible
well if they can make an app that works with the custom fw(hold X to load the proggy) that wouldn't allow the psp to go to the XMB and u would have to hold X right after turning on the psp to put in the password...that would be cool

StealthCP
October 16th, 2006, 09:42
Don't worry, this is definitely possible. I would code this myself if I was better at it :D

All you need is a simple prx module loaded at boot (using custom firmware) and having the prx stored in flash so that you can't bypass it by removing the memory stick. There are a number of things you could do with this, not just password protection.

EDIT: BL8Z3D247: wtf? What would the point be of holding X? Who in the right mind would steal a PSP and hold X when booting up? That completely removes the point, because you would only hold X if you wanted to enter a password, which, if someone stole your PSP, they probably wouldn't. Use Dark_aleX's custom firmware mod - it loads programs on startup without you having to hold X (which I use for iRShell) and your idea seemes to be based around a program. Doesn't that not mean that they could hit "HOME" and Quit the game? Or just remove the memory stick before turning it on and have no bother. You need to think before you speak. Don't take it personally :D

Vendeta
October 17th, 2006, 03:38
lovein this

BL4Z3D247
October 17th, 2006, 04:53
EDIT: BL8Z3D247: wtf? What would the point be of holding X? Who in the right mind would steal a PSP and hold X when booting up?
that's the point they wouldn't beable to use it if they didn't know how to pull up a password screen :rolleyes:

Use Dark_aleX's custom firmware mod - it loads programs on startup without you having to hold X (which I use for iRShell) and your idea seemes to be based around a program.
yeh i was talking about harleyg's firmware and don't u think u'd still beable to use it no matter what cfw u have as long as it can load programs on bootup :rolleyes:

Doesn't that not mean that they could hit "HOME" and Quit the game? Or just remove the memory stick before turning it on and have no bother. You need to think before you speak. Don't take it personally :D
dude it was an idea and nothing more...as for telling me to think before i speak...DON'T!!!...if u don't like what i have to say then **** off, do u think i care for what u have to say?....nope, and i never will....oh and don't take it personally

Vendeta
October 18th, 2006, 03:40
dang wach ur spellin when setting the settings...I shurt down my computer from it...lol but at least i know it works...

razorak
October 18th, 2006, 04:16
this is interesting :)

Gene
October 18th, 2006, 05:29
if i was a theif i would definately shit my pants if a psp turned off my computer. the i would returnm it to the guy i stole it from. although i am not a thief.

Cloudhunter
October 19th, 2006, 10:50
that's the point they wouldn't beable to use it if they didn't know how to pull up a password screen :rolleyes:But it wouldn't automatically stop access if it was a normal program. Theyd still be able to access everything, and there would be no point in holding x if you knew there was gonna be a password screen.

yeh i was talking about harleyg's firmware and don't u think u'd still beable to use it no matter what cfw u have as long as it can load programs on bootup :rolleyes:Again, even if it can load custom programs, nothing would stop them from editing the config to remove the program...

dude it was an idea and nothing more...as for telling me to think before i speak...DON'T!!!...if u don't like what i have to say then **** off, do u think i care for what u have to say?....nope, and i never will....oh and don't take it personallyChill dude, he just meant that do some thinking before you suggest it, as normal programs wouldn't do the job, he didn't mean it nastily. Don't tarnish your reputation over a silly arguement :rolleyes:

Anyhow StealthCP, a firmware PRX would do the job. But like said before, what would stop them either removing the memory stick (which contains the config file) or editing the config file?

Cloudy

Edit: EEK! Double posted...

i here a lot of ppl asking for this to do sometihing worse then just shutting down. you could do this...
Remove those instructions... It isn't something to put on this forum, as it is VERY damaging. I'm sure a mod will edit it if you don't...

nr1341
May 26th, 2007, 02:51
It talks about a .htm file. Uh.. What? I don't see one.

nr1341
May 26th, 2007, 02:54
Nevermind, I suck

AvengedSevenfold Fan
May 27th, 2007, 00:51
my psp got stolen, i wish i knew about this or PATS prior to the theft :P

SpooForBrains
May 27th, 2007, 09:51
This would be nice if it could somehow be flashed to the PSP, all the thief has to do is format the memory stick before connecting it to his computer, and it's all gone.

It's only a couple of K, so I don't see why there shouldn't be room for it in flash0 ...

Gold Line
May 27th, 2007, 10:13
this will come in handy ;)

dawoodraz
August 21st, 2007, 14:46
ok i have got it all on my psp and i want to check if it works by plugin my psp into my bros psp, ive got the conservative version so if i do test it, will it jus shutdown the comp everytime the memory stick is accessed or will it jus keep shutting my bros comp down randomly whenver he turns it on whether th psp is connected or not because i dont want to ruin his comp.

cheers in advance for answers to this question and also doesn the conservative method still send an email to me or not?

mix-o-freak
November 21st, 2007, 01:08
Apparently this program no longer works... I tested it and it didn't send me an email. What it did do was open up a window in my firefox browser, which it didn't load since the server either no longer or never worked.