PDA

View Full Version : PocketNES v9.99 Build 13.10.2006

wraggster
October 15th, 2006, 21:43
DWedit has released a new version of his Nes emulator for the GBA and also the Nintendo DS, heres whats new:

New version uploaded, fixes a stupid IRQ bug. This bug made "Hello Kitty no Ohanabatake" crash, and Dragon Quest briefly scroll to the wrong position for one frame when changing areas.

Really stupid bug. I was assuming RTI enabled interrupts. *pounds head against desk* Stupid Z80 experience and lack of 6502 experience...

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

XioN980
October 16th, 2006, 02:02
Theres a bit more info than that:

* Supports Monochrome Mode, used to flash the screen in Dragon Warrior 1, 2, and Final Fantasy 3.
* Supports Frame IRQ used by Dragon Quest 1, 2, and Door Door. Possibly buggy.
* Supports NES Play Action Football
* Supports Mapper 42
* Now can save state in mapper 40,42,69
* SRAM save compression takes place immediately on entering menu, making save smaller for pogoshell
* Removed EWRAM Turbo option
* Changing gamma immediatly updates palette
* Code Cleanup

Theres Also Some Other Stuff:

Source (http://www.pocketnes.org/tools/pocketnes999src.zip)

For CF GBA movie player (http://www.pocketheaven.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=2550)

For GBAMP SD (http://home.comcast.net/~alanweiss3/dwedit/files/pocketnes_compy.zip)

The last two make it compatible with the DS

Nookadum
October 16th, 2006, 05:34
* Supports Mapper 42

You cannot be f***ing serious! YES!

Now all I gotta do is wait for a SuperCard update that upgrades the one built into the firmware. ;)

scherzo
October 16th, 2006, 18:52
You cannot be f***ing serious! YES!

Now all I gotta do is wait for a SuperCard update that upgrades the one built into the firmware. ;)
I'd be interested in a new SuperCard version too. Though I can't imagine the one I have being much better. It's damn near perfect.

Veskgar
October 17th, 2006, 07:33
I'd be interested in a new SuperCard version too. Though I can't imagine the one I have being much better. It's damn near perfect.
Which SuperCard do you have if you don't mind me asking. I just bought a Black DS Lite a couple days ago and I am interested in getting into DS homebrew & emulation. I have asked this sort of question in multiple threads so please forgive the repetitiveness but could anyone recommend what I would need?

Also what are some recommended EMULATORS & homebrew apps.

Keep in mind that I have a brand new hardware version of the DS Lite so I'm not sure if Nintendo has pulled a SONY and upgraded any hardware/firmware to block out certain things.

I had wanted to get the following:

1.) SuperCard Lite (Black)
2.) SuperKey
3.) 2GB Ultra II Micro SD from SanDisk

This is the best setup currently right?

And do I need to even bother risking my DS Lite by FLASHING it? Wouldn't the SuperCard Lite & SuperKey combo work the same and allow for all the same stuff?

Any help would be incredibly appreciated. Thanks to anyone that has suggestions, tips, & advice.

scherzo
October 17th, 2006, 12:05
Which SuperCard do you have if you don't mind me asking.
I have the CompactFlash version of the SuperCard. I use it for my GBA. I don't have a DS so I can't really help you with that. This is a GBA forum. Go look around in the DS forums here.

Veskgar
October 17th, 2006, 17:15
I have the CompactFlash version of the SuperCard. I use it for my GBA. I don't have a DS so I can't really help you with that. This is a GBA forum. Go look around in the DS forums here.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if you are aware but this news post also shows up on the Nintendo DS forums section as well. That is why I asked about the DS. Sorry for the confusion.

nickerous
November 16th, 2006, 01:38
Started using this version on Saturday, but now have gone back to 9.98

Kid Icarus and Zelda had severe graphic glitches. Icarus in the first temple after I had died, and Zelda everytime I entered a dungeon. I had a few more games available, but I quit testing 9.99 after those two games messed up.

The unscaled follow option was great though.