PDA

View Full Version : GPS sells out in Japan

wraggster
October 15th, 2006, 23:04
Via PSPFanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/10/15/gps-sells-out-in-japan/)

Japan is certainly excited for the new GPS peripheral. amazon.co.jp is reporting that its first shipment for the device is already sold out. The customers that are buying the tool are also buying Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops, most likely because the Kojima stealth game happens to support the device. They're also picking up Chotto Shot (the PSP camera), because as you know, once you start buying peripherals for a system, you want to buy them all. The hardcore Japanese PSP fans appreciate the PSP's Swiss Army knife-like functionality... how about you? Will you be picking up the GPS system when it comes out?

PSPages
October 15th, 2006, 23:23
So long as there is some form of Navigation software available which supports the device, then I will almost certainly be getting it providing the price is reasonable.

Now when I say Reasonable, I mean the GPS and the Software would need to cost quite a lot less than a current sat nav system. I'm looking for something along the lines of £60 for a GPS and Software bundle.

Demibeard
October 15th, 2006, 23:26
Both devices are things I've been looking forward too, the camera has turned out to be a bit of a let down though, not a high enough rez.

I will buy them both though, cost permitting.

Not so sure about the Talkman though, I have not gone for that.

JKKDARK
October 15th, 2006, 23:33
very interesting :)

digihoe
October 15th, 2006, 23:44
I will buy both! No question about it...

The TalkMan is great... What I'm missing is the SOCOM headset, mostly since it's not my kind of game... Maybe I will just buy the headset, and not that game...

But camera and GPS is must have stuff :-)

gotmilk0112
October 16th, 2006, 00:10
i already have a camera so what would be the point of buying one for my psp? im not buying the GPS either because whats the point? :confused: i could just ask for a REAL gps for christmas :D

emuking
October 16th, 2006, 00:30
pointless accesories who honestly buy all this crap

drew4237
October 16th, 2006, 00:54
how much are they really
if they are allot cheaper than a regular gps or digital camera i would consider it but the camera sucks adn i already have 2 so the camera can stay in the store and the gps i will look at but probly never buy just like the location free player, nice but way to much

dmac
October 16th, 2006, 01:15
If it works like a real GPS and has great software for it then I think this is a steal and everyone should get it. If they ever thought about GPS at all.

Basil Zero
October 16th, 2006, 01:26
i'll get a real camera soon

and i have a gps system built in, in my car

heh heh heh, 5000 dollars!!!!

but good to know at least something other than the DS is being sold good...

Wally
October 16th, 2006, 01:35
Yep definately getting the GPS, however we may need 2.81 to run the real software...

Gene
October 16th, 2006, 04:21
Yep definately getting the GPS, however we may need 2.81 to run the real software...

lets pray for a devhook breakthrough

Basil Zero
October 16th, 2006, 04:50
lets pray for a devhook breakthrough

i second to that too

ACID
October 16th, 2006, 04:55
I dont want this little gatget even for free.

Nookadum
October 16th, 2006, 05:27
I'd buy it. ;) The GPS and the camera interest me.

R4mbo
October 16th, 2006, 06:23
For sure, incl. Metal Gear

bah
October 16th, 2006, 08:28
Has anyone heard if deniska believes he will be able to access the gps addon for use with mapthis!?

If thats possible I'll get the gps for sure, the camera doesnt really appeal to me through.

Vega
October 16th, 2006, 08:43
Id be interested in the camera strictly to see what the homebrew scene can develop for it.
You never know what coders could come up with :D

S34MU5
October 16th, 2006, 12:09
doubt it.
mite get the camera.....

Spectreman
October 16th, 2006, 14:14
I have no need to buy the official Sony GPS & software. I am using Deniska's excellent Mapthis software with a Holux GPS I bought secondhand. The GPS & PSP car mount cost me under $100 AUD. All the maps are free off the web. Can't beat this !

mr_nick666
October 16th, 2006, 18:36
If theres a decent Tom-Tomesque program for the GPS then I'll have one of those please...! :p

thefanaticgamer
October 16th, 2006, 22:07
i already figured out how im gonna pay for it... fundraising and calling it a "gps unit" then buying 5 for my BSA troop

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 17th, 2006, 14:20
Dunno depends how much $$$£££ONY try to **** us over in the UK on the price as alwayz.