PDA

View Full Version : politics: left or right?

Darksaviour69
October 16th, 2006, 15:08
So politically, do you generally lean more to the left (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-wing_politics) or right (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-wing_politics)

i consider myself a lefty

JKKDARK
October 16th, 2006, 15:24
Right.. always

skater9269
October 16th, 2006, 15:58
left is always right for me lol

quzar
October 16th, 2006, 16:53
I believe firmly in the idea of utopian anarchy, which is something I made up. I had a 3 page treatise to go along with it, but in the course of the past 4 years have lost it.

Basically I have fundamental disagreements with every established system of political thought (that I know of).

edit: added a poll option to help represent me...

Darksaviour69
October 16th, 2006, 16:56
man i could go for a ham sammich right now, but i already picked left this morning!!!

BlueCrab
October 16th, 2006, 17:39
Left-ish...

Accordion
October 16th, 2006, 18:15
ham sammich...but viewed from a very great distance. its just too messy to bother getting involved

BlackJack23
October 16th, 2006, 18:52
Like Chris Rock once said:

"People are always saying: 'I'm conservative' or I'm liberal'. Now thats just bullshit. You can't classify yourself into a group like that. For every issue in our society you take a different approach. Look at me: There are certain things that I'm conservative about and certain things I'm liberal about. Crime, I'm conservative about. And when it comes to prostitution, well... I tend to be more liberal"

Your idea of Utopian Anarchy interests me quzar. I would very much like to see your reasoning. Find that paper will ya?:D

quzar
October 16th, 2006, 19:15
IIRC, recently I read something by... it was either nietzsche, spencer, or schopenhauer that was very similar. detailed something along the lines of the population of a society ending up averaged or balancing between different groups, stations and parties of thought through natural processes in order to form a more perfect society.

The gist of my idea was similar. If I ever find it I'll post it in the blog here.

S34MU5
October 16th, 2006, 19:45
im from the uk so i dont now about this americain polotics or any of this balls you talking about but im a neo-nazi so i pick ham-sandwich. even though tuna is better

Accordion
October 16th, 2006, 19:55
IIRC, recently I read something by... it was either nietzsche, spencer, or schopenhauer that was very similar. detailed something along the lines of the population of a society ending up averaged or balancing between different groups, stations and parties of thought through natural processes in order to form a more perfect society.

The gist of my idea was similar. If I ever find it I'll post it in the blog here.

any idea how long these "natural processes" will take...
unfortunately i forgot all my philosophy research, during my alcoholism....damm

mesosade
October 16th, 2006, 20:02
ugh i hate politics overpayed people who are influenced by the DAMN PUBLIC!

SSaxdude
October 16th, 2006, 21:24
I like politics because I know I'm correct. I'm a liberal.

fg-54
October 16th, 2006, 21:32
i don't get the question, could someone explain? i voted for ham sammich, it that the middle or something?

ACID
October 16th, 2006, 22:09
Who the what the hum lefty .LOL

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2006, 22:33
I'm somewhere between the left and the ham sammich.

Kaiser
October 16th, 2006, 23:15
Progressive Conservative. Only a Canadian would understand what that really means. I like my economy leaning right, my social programs in the center and religous matters far from the governments mind.

Utopian societies only exist to fascists and marxists. Both 'dreams' are unrealistic. I believe their is a limit to how good a system of government can be and no matter how good it may sound their will always be people unsatisfied.

JeffTweedyIsGod
October 17th, 2006, 00:02
I'm left even by swedish standards.

I like the idea of helping each other out and I think it makes for a much warmer and friendlier society. I believe every one should be provided with at least enough to get by. I also believe that being a billionare or multi-millionare is stupid and unneccesary.

But then again I would never ever let politics get in the way of friendship... Life is too short.

stotheamuel
October 17th, 2006, 06:01
lefty

ferds108
October 18th, 2006, 06:17
I like politics because I know I'm correct.
The whole point of politics is there is no "right" or "wrong". There is only opinion.

And why the heck is the third option called "ham sammich"?

quzar
October 18th, 2006, 06:22
The whole point of politics is there is no "right" or "wrong". There is only opinion.

... it's... a ham sammich. What is there to understand?

Accordion
October 18th, 2006, 08:18

delusion...