PDA

View Full Version : First US PS3 TV ad rolls out?

wraggster
October 16th, 2006, 19:29
Brian Eno's song "Ending (An Ascent)" was used in two films--Traffic (2000) and 28 Days Later (2003) to convey an eerie-but-hopeful ambience. Now, the track has apparently been appropriated by Sony for use in what appears to be the first official television ad for the PlayStation 3. (Fan-made PS3 ads have bounced around the Web for months.)

Though it had not been officially confirmed as authentic by Sony, the professionally produced 70-second spot, shows a young boy packing his bags and then running onto his apartment building rooftop. After exchanging looks with another, similarly excited youngster, the boy looks skyward, where a giant object is casting a huge shadow shaped like the number "3."

The ad then fades to a black screen with the white tagline "The Wait is Over" and the PS3 logo. Although the clip appears to be from a Russian source, it is for the US market as it touts the North American launch date of November 17. It is viewable on YouTube here --> http://www.youtube.com/v/w0QxoKnU5Zg

AtariFreek
October 17th, 2006, 05:02
It's authentic, it's been on T.V. in movie theaters, everything.

Kramer
October 17th, 2006, 05:16
It gives you a real good look at the systems potential and capabilities.

AtariFreek
October 19th, 2006, 02:09
Lol, i know, i just can;t beleive those next gen graphics. I just can;t wait to climb ont to roofs in CrappyCommercial3: Spiderman Font Gone Bad.