PDA

View Full Version : Sixaxis: Worst Controller Ever

wraggster
October 16th, 2006, 19:35
Sixaxis is the worst name for a controller in the history of the world, whether you spell it entirely in capital letters or no. Luckily, the Sixaxis also appears to be the worst controller in the world, so it's aptly named!

From an IGN hands-on of the Playstation 3:

Compared to Microsoft's uber-comfortable Xbox 360 pad, the SIXAXIS feels cheap, plasticky, uncomfortable and disconcertingly light - almost as if it's going to fly out of your hands during those more extreme gaming moments.
More worrying still, the newly-designed lower L and R shoulder triggers feel more like they belong on an early controller prototype than the near-final model. Replicating the 360 pad, rather than being simple shoulder-mounted buttons, the triggers are now hinged horizontally along the controller, with pressure forcing them inward along the bottom - like triggers then, really. Trouble is, they're placed almost unnaturally low meaning we found ourselves operating them by jamming our fingers in between the hinges to apply pressure, rather than using the buttons themselves. What's more, the triggers are convex, with no grooves to keep your fingers in place - an issue further compounded by their smooth finish, offering no resistance against your finger tips. Invariably we found our digits slipping off with the triggers snapping back to their default position. Bah.

SIXAXIS? More like SUXASSES, am I right? Wokka wokka! You guys can steal that joke if you want, I haven't copyrighted it or anything. Maybe we can get a meme going.

mesosade
October 16th, 2006, 20:14
hehe it does suck. i remember the boomerang shape that made me nearly do a rofl. if that can be used in such a sentence

ExcruciationX
October 16th, 2006, 20:59
LOL! I stole it, but it is quoted to you. :D

Cap'n 1time
October 16th, 2006, 23:11
at least the boomerang controller doubled as a sex toy... are there any pics of this "SUCKSASSES" controller?

King of Fire
October 16th, 2006, 23:13
They couldnt think of a better name???? :cool:

SnesR0X
October 17th, 2006, 03:56
nobody is going to call it that who owns a ps3 though, it will be dubbed as the ps3 controller, just like the dual shock is commonly called the ps2 controller, but yes, that is a terrible name, might as well call it the pee-wee scouts stick

NoQuarter
October 17th, 2006, 04:01
Why make something that is not as good as a PS2 controller?I thought the PS2 controller was great.

AtariFreek
October 17th, 2006, 05:01
Lol, the original looked like a dildo, probably fits your hand the same way too. AND IT VIBRATES!
Sorry for the profanity.

mesosade
October 17th, 2006, 18:06
lol no probs someone was BOUND to mention the boomerang controllers OTHER uses lol PLEASE DON'T CARRY ON WHERE THIS IS LEADING! :D