PDA

View Full Version : Dream Para Para

wraggster
October 16th, 2006, 20:03
New from SuccessHK (http://www.superufo.com/?aff_id=24)

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/Dreamparapara_Lh9h9.jpg

Para Para Paradise is a game by Konami, which takes a specific popular dance called "ParaPara" in Japan, and turns it into a game. Although some people think it's restricting, it can also be fun, as the game uses infrared sensors instead of a dance pad.
Although there is a ParaParaParadise instructional video, this game is different from the video. Instead of just copying the videoed routines, you not only can do them yourself with the sensors going, but you can also "freestyle," and make up your own routines with different sets of arrows (with different difficulties) as well!
Instead of using your feet to play, this game mainly focues on using your hands, gestures, movements, swings, what-nots. Basically, instead of using your lower body/legs like in DDR, you'll be using your upper body/hands and arms instead. Very minimal lower body movement will be used (and for the most part will not even be necessary).
It's free!!! Customers only need to pay the shipping fee for it

Do bear in mind that although free this will set you back about $25 in shipping, this is new at SuccessHK but has anyone seen it before ?

JKKDARK
October 16th, 2006, 20:08
Nice, I will need to get it :)

quzar
October 16th, 2006, 21:10
This is not Para Para Paradise by Konami. The Dreamcast version is a pirated copy made by some random HK people.

SSaxdude
October 16th, 2006, 21:29
Whatever it is, yo quiero mas cosas para Dreamcast.

Elven6
October 17th, 2006, 01:17
Can we get screenshots of the game?

Imerion
October 17th, 2006, 22:36
I bought this a while ago. Its actually quite fun and works well. Only 12 tunes though. My one seems broken. It gets stuck on the screen which tells me to insert the controllers. Anyone else who has that problem and know how to fix it?

l33th4x0r
October 20th, 2006, 17:59
It doesn't work with scart cable... works fine with rf...

quzar
October 20th, 2006, 18:40
Doesn't matter, it seems like it was a scam. Apparently almost everybody who ordered it got an email saying they were out (even though their website says they still have it) AFTER paying.

curt_grymala
October 20th, 2006, 21:33
And, yes... Quzar and I have both seen it in action, as MetaFox had this at the MagFest DreamCon last January. It was pretty cool, and garnered a good bit of attention.

quzar
October 20th, 2006, 22:38
And, yes... Quzar and I have both seen it in action, as MetaFox had this at the MagFest DreamCon last January. It was pretty cool, and garnered a good bit of attention.

I had lots of fun playing it, and looking like a fool while at it hehe. I think the biggest thing lacking is the fact that it had no sort of 'calibration mode' or anything so that you can properly set up the nodes.