PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Bobble Buggy

wraggster
October 17th, 2006, 16:41
Via Kotaku (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/buggy/bubble-bobble-buggy-208098.php)

Dear Taito: we know that making games is hard. Heck, that's why we pay you guys to do it. Still, perhaps in the future you might want to budget for more than 30% of the game to be play tested?

Because your latest game? Bubble Bobble Revolution? It's clear no one bothered playtesting this past level 30, the level in which a big boss who is supposed to appear to allow you to proceed absolutely, positively doesn't.

And this? It's not cutting it:

We have been looking very hard into this issue with Nintendo and have now determined that all of the cartridges that have been shipped in North America are faulty. Needless to say we are extremely sorry that this situation has arisen and would like to apologise to you for this issue.
We have already started the process whereby a corrected version is to be manufactured and will ensure that all customers have their copies replaced. Unfortunately this will take 8-10 weeks (simply because of the time required to manufacture new carts). We will update you with what you will need to do to get a replacement game, as soon as this has been determined.

Apoklepz
October 17th, 2006, 17:57
WOW...How hummiliating it must be for them...lol...Looks like somebody spent to much time blowing bubbles and little time beta testing. lol...A boss that doesn't show up? That's really lame if you ask me.

Veskgar
October 18th, 2006, 02:41
WOW is right. That is discraceful. I'll be sure and keep a careful eye on Taito from now on if I ever consider buying any of their games.

kcajblue
October 18th, 2006, 02:54
thats funny. they released an unfinished game.

GobboFett
October 18th, 2006, 10:44
Hehe, my brother bought BB:R and was bored of it after a day. Never knew that a respectable software company like Taito could be so reckless as to do such a thing :(

The Hombrew Hunter
October 18th, 2006, 12:06
Ever hear of Star Fox 2?

Though, the final beta source code was leaked and SMC'd and there's a patch that translates and fixes bugs...>.><.<

scherzo
October 18th, 2006, 18:50
That's a shame. I'm sure some got fired for this.