PDA

View Full Version : Mvspsp 1.0

MikeDX
October 17th, 2006, 18:05
I've taken the source from NJ's page and created a 1.0 binary release.

Please do NOT contact NJ about this unofficial release. I have no idea what is different between this and version .22, I do know it works, that is all.

Let me know how you get along with it. I've only tried the smallest of roms so far as I don't own any neogeo arcade boards (Andro Dunos).

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

masterpsp2.6
October 17th, 2006, 18:07

grit
October 17th, 2006, 18:08
ThanX, man! :)

kando
October 17th, 2006, 18:12
MikeDX: THANKS for the compile! definatly owe u props on that one :D

unfortunatly, today, NJ says: "Are only the bug correction of YM2610 and the renewal of readme_mvs.txt."

still, its nice to have the official final version of NGEPSP aka MVSPSP.

NJ also says the following about CPS2:

It kept continuing the job of one daily mean 2 hours, but when about two days you go to bed, renewing
It became difficult. Just a little becoming busy, also renewal frequency falling from the time before, now it is intimate,
It meaning that also cutting is good, you make ending.

Simply, because as for CPS2PSP just renews rominfo the game which moves increases, writing the source code
Vis-a-vis those which operate without changing it is the schedule which is renewed once. It becomes sometime, MAME circumstance
Is.

=(

lets see what he has in store for us once his life has more free time :)

Psphreak
October 17th, 2006, 18:16
NJ's done lots of great work. I hope someone can rebuild the Cps-1 and add the SF2 hacks (Kouryu, M1s, Accelerator Pt.II, etc) support he had taken out of his 1.0 version. Wonder why he took them out :confused:

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 17th, 2006, 18:20
Hey mike great work will check it out and give ya feed back m8 !!!!! got my neo geo set handy :)

Apoklepz
October 17th, 2006, 18:48
NJ's done lots of great work. I hope someone can rebuild the Cps-1 and add the SF2 hacks (Kouryu, M1s, Accelerator Pt.II, etc) support he had taken out of his 1.0 version. Wonder why he took them out :confused:

I remember him saying he HATED hack/bootleg roms in one of the emu's readme file, and that's why he removed support for them.:mad: I love his work and his emulators, but that's just lame.

ACID
October 17th, 2006, 18:52
Great job mike thanks .

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 17th, 2006, 18:54
oh......interesting.........

Mr. Shizzy
October 17th, 2006, 19:21
So this is a NeoGeo emu? Cool ! Thanks MikeDx :)

MikeDX
October 17th, 2006, 19:28
Yeah its neogeo emu (arcade), I believe its based on the MAME sources but I dont know for definite.

Don't thank me, I just compiled it up. NJ is the star of this show!

delt31
October 17th, 2006, 19:42
sorry but what games does this play? Neo Geo? What's the diff b/w this and other NJ releases?

does it play Metal Slug 4 or 5 with sound?

I guess what additions does the neo geo "compiled" version have over the already released one?

MikeDX
October 17th, 2006, 19:53
this is a binary release. NJ only released the source to 1.0, the last binary was .22

I've tested a couple more games, puzzle bobble and leaue bowling. both play lovely. I'm very impressed.

delt31
October 17th, 2006, 20:04
so you're saying that your release is based off of the new source code which could enable other games to work that did not previouly work (like metal slugs with music)?

can someone confirm if metal slugs 3, 4 and 5 work with music

The_Ultimate_Eggman
October 17th, 2006, 20:06
Mslug 4/5 are not supported !!!

delt31
October 17th, 2006, 20:11
Mslug 4/5 are not supported !!!

ok well i have no idea what this release brings to the scene -

please, if any new games work bettern than before let me know
thanks

MikeDX
October 17th, 2006, 20:33
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39234

it was requested here.

nickgundara
October 17th, 2006, 20:34
Can someone give me a good play by play on how to install this AND MAKE IT WORK on my version 1.5 PSP? I would really appreciate it.

delt31
October 17th, 2006, 20:57
Can someone give me a good play by play on how to install this AND MAKE IT WORK on my version 1.5 PSP? I would really appreciate it.

based on that convo it seems like Metal Slug 4, 5, etc should work with sound. Is this the case?

can someone confirm?

anyway, mike thanks for the help

kando
October 17th, 2006, 21:05
metal slug 4 and 5 (non "plus" versions) work great, but no sound.

the latest kof works as well with no sound.

and snk vs. capcom works great with no sound.

and by no sound i mean sound is disabled automatically.

Baboon
October 17th, 2006, 21:10
Samurai showdown 3 and Art of fighting 3 now work very well! :)

Thanks for sorting this out MideDX.

NJ rules!

Zombo
October 17th, 2006, 21:11
and Metal Slug X and 3 :| Do these work with sound because whenever I try to load X It justs shuts off the whole PSP

shak bo
October 17th, 2006, 21:13
Nick do you have the Neo Geo Bios in the same folder as the roms folder?

Zombo
October 17th, 2006, 21:15
Also NJ Has updated his site anyone care to translate for us?

Baboon
October 17th, 2006, 21:41
I was lucky enough to play Snk vs capcom on the weekend on my bro's MVS machine! :D ...its an absolute quality game! :)

[QUOTE=Zombo]and Metal Slug X and 3 :| Do these work with sound because whenever I try to load X It justs shuts off the whole PSP

This also happens to me with this game for some reason. :(

MikeDX
October 17th, 2006, 21:46
did you use the rom tool on them?

kando
October 17th, 2006, 21:47
and Metal Slug X and 3 :| Do these work with sound because whenever I try to load X It justs shuts off the whole PSP

yes they work...u need to cache them.

Also NJ Has updated his site anyone care to translate for us?

NJ also says the following about CPS2:

It kept continuing the job of one daily mean 2 hours, but when about two days you go to bed, renewing
It became difficult. Just a little becoming busy, also renewal frequency falling from the time before, now it is intimate,
It meaning that also cutting is good, you make ending.

Simply, because as for CPS2PSP just renews rominfo the game which moves increases, writing the source code
Vis-a-vis those which operate without changing it is the schedule which is renewed once. It becomes sometime, MAME circumstance
Is.

answered already :)

delt31
October 17th, 2006, 21:51
so metal slug 3 works WITH sound?

Baboon
October 17th, 2006, 21:53
did you use the rom tool on them?

I'd like to say that I did, but I cheated and took the easy route I'm afraid. :eek:

I'm not sure how to do it , but I'll look into it next time (I'll research it first) and give it a blast. He's got loads of carts too, I still cant believe the size of em.

You cant beat playing it on a big screen though, its just a shame one of the two player buttons doesnt work very well (and the coin slot is fooked).

Zombo
October 17th, 2006, 21:54
I know they work AND I cached them :| (Actually for some weird reason Metal Slug 3 Now doesn't cache for me) Metal Slug X does but it just goes black when I try to play it :(

kando
October 17th, 2006, 21:54
no. just verified it doesnt.

Zombo
October 17th, 2006, 21:59
Damn, When does the Metal Slug Anthology come out? :D

kando
October 17th, 2006, 22:25
cmon make ur own sound effects to go along with the game....just say "bang" whenever u shoot n stuff...=p

pkmaximum
October 18th, 2006, 02:12
I just hope to see ad hoc multiplayer eventually.

slinky_mess
October 18th, 2006, 05:11
i tried it but everytime i load a rom file it goes to a black screen and says "WORK RAM TEST"
knowing me i probably forgot to copy something over, but does anybody know what that screen means?

edit: ok nevermind. i guess i have to remake all the cache files..kinda sucks, but oh well..it works now..

aleborri
October 18th, 2006, 09:31
Can anyone check if Garou works better with mvspsp than NJ official release? tia

b8a
October 18th, 2006, 10:06
Guys, there should be absolutely no difference between this and the last *official* release of NGEPSP, so all questions relating to this version have, most likely, been addressed in forum posts for previous versions.

A few days back, NJ made a post that he was changing the name of NGEPSP to MVSPSP in order to avoid any ambiguity between it and NGPSP. However, since he didn't change the program at all, he obviously didn't need to make a binary release. Hence, up until his post just a little while ago, the only place that the MVSPSP name existed in a distributed form was in the source code.

One small note to add to this though is that NJ did say that he lost the code to the most recent version of NGEPSP and had to redo parts for the recent source release. There really shouldn't be any performance enhancements in this version, and as NJ was much more focused on optimizing NGEPSP back when he was actively working on it, my guess would be that the last official release is going to be the *best* version that we'll be officially seeing from NJ.

For those interested in what NJ posted on his site (sorry Kando, but that google translation is completely incomprehensible):

Having worked at a pace of, on average, 2 hours a day (on these emulators) and then having a break for two days, updating them has become irritating. I've quite busy and as the the frequency of updates has decreased lately, I've decided that this is a good cut off point and am ending development.

However, the amount of games that will work in CPS2PSP will increase by merely updating the rominfo file, and I do tentatively plan on updating it for games that will run without having to change the source code. When this will occur is entirely up to (the) MAME (project).

keefurxxcore
October 22nd, 2006, 20:04
i have a couple questions, how do i get games on the emulater? and does it work for 2.6/2.5 fw? thanks if anyone will respond :D

^^^^^THE ABOVE DON'T LISTEN TOO!^^^^^

i really want to know if, this release will work with 2.6 or 2.5 firmwares please, thanks!!!!