PDA

View Full Version : 3.00 release date comfirmed

benh
October 17th, 2006, 19:14
Hi all

I was given a link to a post on the us site about the 3.00 update, it claims that the info on the new firmware will be announced at a gamers show in san fransisco on 19th october heres what they had to say

-Sony will be reveling the information as well as dating the release about the next major update at "Gamer's Day" in San Francisco on October 19th. You guys will just love the new "Remote Play" feature, located under the "Network" icon, which allows you to access the PLAYSTATION® 3 from the PSP™ (PlayStation® Portable).

link - http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=psp&thread.id=2582564

Awesome eh

TCLCloud
October 17th, 2006, 19:17
Its more like the release date of the release date has been confirmed......nice find though :)

splodger15
October 17th, 2006, 19:19
Hi all

You guys will just love the new "Remote Play" feature, located under the "Network" icon, which allows you to access the PLAYSTATION® 3 from the PSP™ (PlayStation® Portable).

Still wouldnt update to it though

Malksta
October 17th, 2006, 19:20
If i find my shitty white 1.5 i will update it :)

Rocksil
October 17th, 2006, 19:31
psp 1.5 is getting boring might upgrade 2 3.0

NEVA 1.5 4 EVA

benh
October 17th, 2006, 19:34
Im really tempted to update now becaus there is psone emu, ps3 conectivity and the possiblility of a sony mail service

nyrtrublue
October 17th, 2006, 19:34
i like how sony has a release date for their release date

masterpsp2.6
October 17th, 2006, 19:35
so wat about the ps1 emulator...hope some gets one working good and fast with sound sometime SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ExcruciationX
October 17th, 2006, 19:37
They can stuff it, I'm still not updating!

mcvader
October 17th, 2006, 19:39
so basically this update is useless untill march 2007 (unless you're lucky enough to get a import PS3 before that), it dosn't say anything about the official ps1 emulator.

Veskgar
October 17th, 2006, 19:50
I won't be updating. I did care about the PS1 EMU for a while but Exophase has impressed me so much with gpSP and I'll be busy with that for months, maybe longer. There are now over 2500 GBA games (Different versions for different regions) but still, a LOT of games to tide anyone over for quite some time.

Also, I just got a DS Lite which is more enjoyable than I thought it would be so I can wait and hope for 3.00 to be DevHooked.

I really like the PS3 connectivity. If I have enough money to buy the $599.99 PS3, I might as well get everything out of it that I can. But is it worth buying a 2nd PSP? hmmmmm... That is yet to be determined.

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
October 17th, 2006, 19:54
hmmm....i dunno about this.....ps1 emu.......i'll think i'll wait for a bit.........

Vega
October 17th, 2006, 19:58
nice find. Tho I believe I wont be updating.. not even for the PS1 emu.

melime
October 17th, 2006, 20:06

same here

Emeriastone
October 17th, 2006, 20:09
If i find my shitty white 1.5 i will update it :)

:0

If you find your "shitty" white 1.5 I will come to your house and prevent you from committing such an atrocity!

TCLCloud
October 17th, 2006, 20:10
It doesnt say much about anything, but they wouldnt release an update if we cant do anything till March with it, must have some new featurs and file type playback, wmv would be good, and a file manager, lots of things really.....

Airdevil
October 17th, 2006, 20:10
i dont see how they are marketing the ps1 games as an emulation service.

because arent they just formatting the actual games and changing the controls so that they work for the psp?

as far as im aware thats not emulation, because its not running actual PS1 games, its more of a re-make, (without the usual graphical improvements that usually occur in re-makes).

That aside, i wont be updating. Mainly due to the fact i have more games on my psp now than i will ever be available for the psp if i updated. Thanks to homebrew.

darn02
October 17th, 2006, 20:18

i'm running fw2.8 so at the moment i havnt got all that much to loose, unless the e loader comes soon :rolleyes:

ShuzzleBuzzle
October 17th, 2006, 20:22
i'm running fw2.8 so at the moment i havnt got all that much to loose, unless the e loader comes soon :rolleyes:

2.8 has still been cracked so there could be something coming soon, you will just have to wait and see. Also unless we can use ISOs with the Official PS1 Emu there will be no way im upgrading, I ripped all my PS1 games as soon as wraggster announced PS1P :D

Cloud_35
October 17th, 2006, 20:31
Damn Sony!!!

We haven't a month with the 2.81 and then this!!!!

At least the PSX emulator...????

Poor-Kingz
October 17th, 2006, 20:33
this is why i love having two psps!

will have 2.71 and 3.0!

DraconumPB
October 17th, 2006, 20:59
I would hold off until some news of crackage appears... THINK ABOUT IT. Sony is incorporating a totally brand new feature which looks like it might blow the new firmware wide open eventually. If only someone fakes the PS1 emu into running a false PS1 game which executes code and... well, so forth.

I'm not very technical in that area but it sounds like this new feature could be a really big hole for Sony.

Poor-Kingz
October 17th, 2006, 21:11
it probaly wont run isos. the games will need sony's encryption signiture or whatever it is.

LilSwish722
October 17th, 2006, 21:11
I would hold off until some news of crackage appears... THINK ABOUT IT. Sony is incorporating a totally brand new feature which looks like it might blow the new firmware wide open eventually. If only someone fakes the PS1 emu into running a false PS1 game which executes code and... well, so forth.

I'm not very technical in that area but it sounds like this new feature could be a really big hole for Sony.
haha yeah good point. crack the ps1 emulator and get it to run a "fake" ps1 game, execute codee and run homebrew. almost like the GTA:LCS ELoader

SSaxdude
October 17th, 2006, 21:16
It still going to be worthless, and the people that upgraded to 3.0 will wish they could downgrade to 1.5. So here's your warning: stay on 1.5.

drew4237
October 17th, 2006, 21:33
i used to use my psp all of the time but nothing new has really happened scince school started. i wish someone would release devhook for 2.81, or 3.0 when it comes out. i have 1.5 obviously but i only use my psp as a remote cause i havnt bought a psp game in a long time, about a year, gta lcs. i wont upgrade to 3.0 unless they create a better ir remote cause im using the irshell remote but i hate having to do r+ anolog to change the ch and vol.

Veskgar
October 17th, 2006, 22:07
It doesnt say much about anything, but they wouldnt release an update if we cant do anything till March with it, must have some new featurs and file type playback, wmv would be good, and a file manager, lots of things really.....
You're forgetting that us spoiled Americans are getting the PS3 in just a few weeks!!! SO the new firmware will ALL features will be released sometime within the next 2-3 weeks.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it yet and I know that pre-orders were all snatched within like 45 minutes but if my finances allow, I'll be waiting in line at some store all night in the cold with a bunch of other die-hard gamers & parents.

A lot of stores don't take pre-orders and hand out tickets first come first serve to people waiting in line. That's how I got my PS2, GameCube, & PSP.

Anyway, like all else with the PSP, eventually over time homebrew finds a way. Patience patience patience......

whitey75
October 17th, 2006, 22:12
Hey, this is probably a silly question, but is gamers day only a 1 day event? Anyone know the venue?

I'll be travelling from Australia to San Francisco for the first time ever, and arriving on Friday 20th! Damn if only i'd known!

Roxas
October 17th, 2006, 22:33
Hmmm...I heard/readed that i would be release on the same date that ps3 would launch meaning 11/17/06. To support the ps3 for/as the controller.

Lodis
October 17th, 2006, 22:34
Depending on what happens, I will probably upgrade one of my Psp flash to 3.0 and keep the other at either 1.5 or 2.71 SE. It will be very interesting to how everything turns out with the Ps1 emulators, Vice City Stories and homebrew. One thing for sure is that if you upgrade to 3.0, eventually you will regret it and be left with less options.

nielsss
October 17th, 2006, 22:45
haha awsome now my second wite psp will be usefull:p

-=me=-
October 17th, 2006, 23:15
Yay Devhook!

Tonx_9
October 17th, 2006, 23:27
woot

The_It
October 17th, 2006, 23:45
uhhh, wouldn't your memory stick only be able to hold like 1 game per gigabyte? whats the point? and why would I want to lose the gift of playing anything I want for free? just so I can hook the psp up to a ps3 that I dont even have?

shrimpidy
October 17th, 2006, 23:51
I'm not updating untill i have a good enough reason to update. Which is probably when I get my PS3. If all the PSP does is connect to it wirelessly to browse files etc, im not updating cus thats what a usb cable is for.

Cloudhunter
October 17th, 2006, 23:53
I will upgrade one of my flash's (depending on whether I feel its worth it) once I get my UP fitted.

You never know, there could be exploits on this :) I don't think 3.00 will be the death of homebrew.

Cloudy

crypysmoker
October 18th, 2006, 00:18
I dont understand why people arent using thier brains here witht he ps1 emu/.
Ok, each game takes about 500-700Mb per disc, and sony knows this. they alo know that not everyone has a 1Gb+ card or can even afford them.
Sony will most likey not only have thier encryption on these games, but they also annouced way back at E3 that they will be converted to fir on the mem sticks and not one person remembers that.

Since it is an official sony emu, I am sure they will have the games compressed to where you can have more then one on a card

Poor-Kingz
October 18th, 2006, 00:19
what if 3.00 has mod-chip detection?

NoQuarter
October 18th, 2006, 00:20
No way I'm gonna upgrade,I'm very patient when it comes to new firmware.Don't really want to pay for games I already own on the ps1 emulator.I think the games will be in eboot form.

Cloudhunter
October 18th, 2006, 00:38
what if 3.00 has mod-chip detection?
Fortuneately, due to how booting from the on board flash works with an UP, if you boot straight to it then the UP is invisible... So it is rather impossible to detect from the PSP.

Cloudy

gamerremag
October 18th, 2006, 01:25
yeah, im kinda nubish when it comes to taking codes and shiznit but uh.

can we take the ps1 emulator from the 3.00 and make it 1.5 conpatible? or can we make it so we boot from our memory card rather than psp? I know that when u downgrade your psp from 2.5/6 you boot up from memory card. or something....:-) if what i said is totally impossible or i have no idea what im talking about, just ignore me.

Cloudhunter
October 18th, 2006, 01:29
can we take the ps1 emulator from the 3.00 and make it 1.5 conpatible? Noone will know that until its released, to be honest. The chances of it loading normal game images are slim to none.

or can we make it so we boot from our memory card rather than psp? I know that when u downgrade your psp from 2.5/6 you boot up from memory card. or something....:-)Not a true downgrade... A true downgrade boots 1.5 from the flash.
if what i said is totally impossible or i have no idea what im talking about, just ignore me.
Was tempting ;) Heh.

Coudy

Mierdainthesky
October 18th, 2006, 01:34
ok we see there might be a ps emu. remote play? what if the ps3 scaled and streamed its video out to the psp with full control over the game....

gamerremag
October 18th, 2006, 01:36
lol, thanks.

does metal of honor: heros have a firmware higher than 2.71? it better not be 3.0.... same with mgs: po. I know I wont be able to play that for a while. :-(

mog
October 18th, 2006, 01:44
Hmm, I thought everyone just asumed Nov 17th was firmware 3.00 release date?
I've thought for the last couple of months that was what it was already confirmed as...

It's gonna look a little silly for us UK people, having the PS3 function there, but no PS3 for 4 months... :rolleyes:

MZeroEW2
October 18th, 2006, 03:04
i'm going to have a PS3 on Nov 17th!!!!!!!! Good ol USA

Basil Zero
October 18th, 2006, 04:42
whats the whole point in updating if the developers are gonna dev hook it

RetroGoth
October 18th, 2006, 06:21
looks like another lame update.

Makaveli777
October 18th, 2006, 06:45
I wonder how they will stop you from copying the games you buy. I mean if you can copy it it will end up on the internet for download. I think they will have some way you cant copy it.

samthegreat68
October 18th, 2006, 07:07
hope theres ps1 emu

mr_nick666
October 18th, 2006, 08:27
My fingers, toes and all other dangly bits are crossed that 3.0 will be Devhooked! :o

Baboon
October 18th, 2006, 08:49
Devhook will be the answer. :)

potatoman
October 18th, 2006, 10:20
The only way I will ever update is if sony decide to let us use homebrew.
Oh well... a man can dream, cant he?

Gabba Gandalf
October 18th, 2006, 11:36
i would update if there is full homebrew support
so i will never update because sony dont like homebrew :D

EDIT :

when will be the new devhook released because gta vcs will need 2.8x maybe 3.0 :cool:

Cloudhunter
October 18th, 2006, 13:24
i would update if there is full homebrew support
so i will never update because sony dont like homebrew :D
I'm not sure they have a problem with homebrew in themselves, they just have a problem with homebrew that loses them money, like ISO loaders etc.
EDIT :
when will be the new devhook released because gta vcs will need 2.8x maybe 3.0 :cool:
If anyone knew by now, i'm sure it would be public knowledge. No news has come our way.

Cloudy

Gabba Gandalf
October 18th, 2006, 15:04
they could release a firmware with homebrew support but no iso loader support :p
but this will never happend :o

Mr.Denny
October 18th, 2006, 15:10
I won`t be upgrading from my 2.6.

I`ll just wait for the PS1P or a cracked official Psone emu.

Sill, i might update when they crack 3.00 for emulation. Or should i say IF they can.

Gabba Gandalf
October 18th, 2006, 15:15
yeah sony think they could get people who update their 1.0 up to 2.71 and 2.71 SE to 3.0 i mean the fw 3.0 is only interresting for people who buy a ps 3

Thomly
October 18th, 2006, 15:23
i won't upgrade, i already have that idiot 2.81 firmware..., waiting for a downgrader, so 3.00 doesn't matter to me :D

Apoklepz
October 18th, 2006, 20:43
Meh...It's more like a Ultra Random Special Sneek Peak Teaser Release of a Release date...lol. Goody Golly Gumdrops...still no say of PSone game Compatibility...You won't see me upgrading to 3.00.

nielsss
October 19th, 2006, 14:23
Isn't it supposed to be released by now?

mmcmill
October 19th, 2006, 14:36
No point upgradng to 3.00 if you rwally want to0 control the ps3, the irshell will come up with something man. i control my tv,radio,dvd player and playstation 2 at the moment

Mr.Denny
October 19th, 2006, 18:45
No point upgradng to 3.00 if you rwally want to0 control the ps3, the irshell will come up with something man. i control my tv,radio,dvd player and playstation 2 at the moment

Excellent!

No more using remotes or joypads for you!

Maybe they`ll make one that wipes your arse too? :p