PDA

View Full Version : MVSPSP 1.0 Kernal Mode

kando
October 18th, 2006, 07:58
Thanks NJ! (http://neocdz.hp.infoseek.co.jp/psp/index.html) he has compiled the non-kernal and kernal 1.0 of his neo-geo emulator for us...thanks mike for supplying us earlier but looks like there are SOME differences as there never was a seperate kernal mode/non kernal mode before...

who knows...

Although the う -, it is not released with something, that it does not move report coming, it probably is る.
Because it is helpless, compiling, it collected to the zip file.
Operation check has not gone.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

hack.fool
October 18th, 2006, 10:11
sorry for this but...I have a question..
is this an alternative neogeo emu, a cps1 and 2 emu or both..or what else?

M!ckeY
October 18th, 2006, 10:19
it's a neogeo emu, and really nice one at that...great work NJ

MikeDX
October 18th, 2006, 10:22
I dont recall specifically but I think the one I compiled was kernal mode.

b8a
October 18th, 2006, 10:26
If you're really interested in what NJ had to say about this:

Uggh, I suppose there have been posts about why there's been a release but it doesn't work and such. So now I've gone ahead and compiled it and packaged it into a zip file.
I haven't tested it.

Kando: the only difference in the kernel/non-kernel versions is that the kernel version has slightly more memory available and should therefore be the prefered version for people running firmware versions higher than 1.50. But, we've already covered this with the CPS1/2 releases (!_!)

Stoner4Life
October 18th, 2006, 10:47
what format does the image file have to be????

Eternal-Blue
October 18th, 2006, 12:32
What is the different to his old Neo Geo (0.22?) emulator?

delt31
October 18th, 2006, 12:39
does music work in metal slug 3, 4, 5 w/kernal?

Oops
October 18th, 2006, 12:53
I tried both kernel and non-kernel versions on a 2.71 SE-A. Unfortunately it's a regression since 0.22, because even without any of heavy options as vsync, raster, sound at 44Khz, big screen stretch etc, games are slow and sound is choppy. With 0.22 I can have some of those options and play with a descent frame rate. Anyway, NJ did great with this emu, and the others aswell hehe.

grit
October 18th, 2006, 13:21
.............Unfortunately it's a regression since 0.22, because even without any of heavy options as vsync, raster, sound at 44Khz, big screen stretch etc, games are slow and sound is choppy. With 0.22 I can have some of those options and play with a descent frame rate..................
Have you tried to rebuild the cache with the new converter?

Oops
October 18th, 2006, 13:31
Yes, I did it for all the roms and also deleted all settings, state, nvram etc files.

strikingeuphony
October 18th, 2006, 13:31
Tried Kof2003 and Last Blade 2 because it says supported in the gamelist, they work but with no sound and at about 75% speed using the 1.0 kernel version. As far as I can tell this emulator operates about the same as the last one.

ReVengeR
October 18th, 2006, 13:48
ooooooooooh yes... i test it

Mr. Shizzy
October 19th, 2006, 01:29
Kando: the only difference in the kernel/non-kernel versions is that the kernel version has slightly more memory available and should therefore be the prefered version for people running firmware versions higher than 1.50.

Wouldn't 1.5 users want to use Kernal mode?

Baboon
October 19th, 2006, 09:33
The kernal version does make it a wee bit better on my 1.5. :)

A problem I get sometimes on this emu if I switch between large roms is an error message (similar to what I get on mame4all after a while of playing) saying that I’m out of memory, and it then fails to load that game - even though it does load normally when I boot it up. I’m guessing it doesn’t completely clear the memory from the previous game, so it then fails to load the next game?

Does anybody else get this prob?

ACID
October 19th, 2006, 09:57
Yes baboon all that needs to be done is exit the emu. Then go back to it again.

jurkevicz
October 20th, 2006, 00:57
Art of Fighting got broken in this new version. The caracter sprites are all messed up! Anyone else had this problem too? What about that new "work ram test" screen? I hope NJ fixes this, if not, its ok too. I was happy with version 2.2...:D

Baboon
October 20th, 2006, 09:02
Art of Fighting got broken in this new version. The caracter sprites are all messed up! Anyone else had this problem too? What about that new "work ram test" screen? I hope NJ fixes this, if not, its ok too. I was happy with version 2.2...:D

I haven’t tried AOF again to see if it does work or not, but I know the sequel works fine.

Some problems I do get on this version though are on the wrestling game ‘3Count Bout’ all the background graphics are messed up. Also on the Super Hang-on clone ‘riding heroes’ the game is very slow and unplayable, but if you turn raster effects off it plays fine - but again the background graphics (the road) are all messed up. :(

These small niggles with a couple of games don’t really spoil my overall enjoyment of this great emulator though. :)

jurkevicz
October 21st, 2006, 20:40
NJ updated his rominfo (it's up for download on his site) that fixes all those sprites being messed up. But now I found that some sounds on the Neo Geo Intro Screen and games to be missing.

Baboon
October 21st, 2006, 21:04
NJ updated his rominfo (it's up for download on his site) that fixes all those sprites being messed up. But now I found that some sounds on the Neo Geo Intro Screen and games to be missing.

Ideal thanks for the info. If your saying that the new rominfo is still buggy I might wait to he sorts it out (he never takes too long fixing bugs).

I also get the same bugs as yourself in AOF. :(

thefly
October 26th, 2006, 02:15
Metal Slug 5 (dedicated PCB) it won't load bad CRC
How can I fixed it?

shedeus
October 26th, 2006, 22:14
whats up with the green screen when booting up 1.0? Also, I can no longer open the emu's menu. Is it no longer the L button to access the menu?

Xavier
October 29th, 2006, 03:56
Yeah you press select and start to access it.

Mine only works in mono.

shedeus
October 30th, 2006, 18:02
Metal Slug 5 (dedicated PCB) it won't load bad CRC
How can I fixed it?

try a different version of the rom. sometimes you have to search for one that works

jibjabjobjub
October 31st, 2006, 10:10
I keep getting a CRC32 error with all my Neo Geo roms. What am I doing wrong?

CPU1 and CPU2 errors. WTF?

shedeus
November 1st, 2006, 22:41
make sure you're getting the MAME version of the roms. NEO GEO roms didn't seem to work for me either for whatever reason

abdulrhman
November 3rd, 2006, 04:56
I have 1.5 version on my PSP and I am new to the PSP so sorry for the stubid question but what is bios for neogeo on PSP? and where can I find it ?I cant run AoF.

kando
November 3rd, 2006, 06:06
we are unable to link it here, as technically it is illegal. do some searching on google, or email me at [email protected] and ill link ya up :)

seanp2500
November 23rd, 2006, 21:26
this thread was of great help to me especially the part bout using mame roms...what is the best bios file to load with? also I have tried both kernal and regular lol which is better I have a 1.5....Is the older version of this emu better?

yourpuertoricanpapi
November 27th, 2006, 18:38
you know what i think this emu sucks to be honest and it dont think it ever really worked so he is trying to get credit for something he did but believe me he has done better stuff this is a shitty emu ok thanks for your time sorry to bash this one but it suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yourpuertoricanpapi
November 29th, 2006, 03:43
what dose it meam when it says bios have been removed some help then i can play my first game on this

ZOMBIEE
November 29th, 2006, 21:19
I Can T Get Roms To Work
It Appears Something About File Not Found Or Crc32 Not Correct Cpu1 On Loading Roms

Kentaur
November 30th, 2006, 07:25
you know what i think this emu sucks to be honest and it dont think it ever really worked so he is trying to get credit for something he did but believe me he has done better stuff this is a shitty emu ok thanks for your time sorry to bash this one but it suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This update was the most incredible thing I've ever played! Aof1-3 flawless (well, small drawbacks during the end of fights) but runs good and smooth, king of fighters 94,95 wow! Awesome..
I don't think you know how much hard work NJ put up so you can start enjoying your games.. I guess you haven't done the rom converstation thing to be able to play your games...

mikebeaver
November 30th, 2006, 15:02
People who are that ignorant to shout down NJ dont deserve to be able to use his emu's.I hope someone upgrades your firmware to 3.01 you muppet!