PDA

View Full Version : First commercial UMD to require 2.80?

kando
October 18th, 2006, 08:04
0okm gives us another heads up....a new game comes with the 2.80 upgrade and requires it to play ><

http://0okm.blogspot.com/2006/10/1st-umd-game-need-fw280.html

UCAS-40116 heaven and earth 之 gate 2 military affairs 雙 傳 (Chinese Version)
Gate 2 military affairs pair transmission of heaven and earth
Kingdom of Paradise 2: Busouden

Come with FW2.80 UpDate File

don't you worry sony, we'll have 2.80/2.81 devhooked before you know it ^_^

Pudg3
October 18th, 2006, 12:20
Which means that GTA : VCS will most likely require 2.80.... so devhook should be 2.80 compatible soon!! hopefully..

MonkeyBoy1916
October 18th, 2006, 12:33
Dont count on being able to emulate 2.80+ any time soon, im surprised Booster hasnt even noted anyone on it.

Anyway, you dont necessarily need to emulate 2.80+ to get it to work, remember back when we could only emulate 2.50 and the only way we could play 2.60 games was to switch PRX's, and then they worked perfect ( All except OutRun 2006 ), what im hoping for is the PRX switch to work, I dont see why it wouldnt work unless Sony does the same thing with OutRun. Lets hope the PRX Switch has a come back :D

aries2k4
October 18th, 2006, 12:49
Ya, if we canīt devhook 2.80, we can always try the prx switch thing. Hopefully.

Vega
October 18th, 2006, 12:57
uh oh......... vice city stories.... I freakin knew sony would compile 2.8 with VCS.

Dark_Alex . . . . do your worst !!!

S34MU5
October 18th, 2006, 13:25
'mon the devhook we need you soon!

razero.we
October 18th, 2006, 13:38
where is booster when we need him?

kcc86
October 18th, 2006, 13:58
anyone know his whereabouts? i read somewhere that his site got shut down a while back

Napalm-Death
October 18th, 2006, 14:16
His site was probably shutdown because of Sony was giving a hardtime about Devhook.(IIRC)

ACID
October 18th, 2006, 14:26
Dark alex we depend on you pawn sony ones more.

Tetris999
October 18th, 2006, 15:36
they can get 2.80 to work so easily with devhook now you just gotta fuse it with devhook why hasnt booster done anything?

Baboon
October 18th, 2006, 15:49
Just be patient, you know that this WILL be fixed in time! :) ...plus there’s plenty of games out there already to keep you satisfied till it is sorted.

Only a fool would update now and risk losing all of their homebrew/emulators etc.

Emeriastone
October 18th, 2006, 16:06
tight

Thomly
October 18th, 2006, 16:09
I hope this is just some bullshit, because otherwise were in trouble :)

Cloudhunter
October 18th, 2006, 16:12
they can get 2.80 to work so easily with devhook now you just gotta fuse it with devhook why hasnt booster done anything?

It isn't that simple i'm afraid... Each firmware needs a workaround the secuirity.

Cloudy

Vega
October 18th, 2006, 16:21
Just be patient, you know that this WILL be fixed in time! :) ...plus there’s plenty of games out there already to keep you satisfied till it is sorted.

Only a fool would update now and risk losing all of their homebrew/emulators etc.

I dont know about you man but Im creamin' at the thought of some Vice City... but not enough to update :D cant lose the homebrew... no way

but im gonna' be pretty bummed out when vice city is released. Its just round the corner ffs.

Ah well... they say patience is a virtue :D but vice city is a f*****g necessity :D

YourStillWithMe
October 18th, 2006, 16:31
I think that things will turn out ok in the end

Devhook is due for 2.81 and has been for some time now! screw 2.80 there is no point in devhooking that. . . What will you 2.71 SE users do now? ha you have no version changer to protect you your gonna have to reflash to 1.50 whereyou shuld ALWAYS STAY

ExcruciationX
October 18th, 2006, 16:40
Maybe Dark AleX will figure out how to give us 2.81 SE.

nielsss
October 18th, 2006, 17:08

Devhook is due for 2.81 and has been for some time now! screw 2.80 there is no point in devhooking that. . . What will you 2.71 SE users do now? ha you have no version changer to protect you your gonna have to reflash to 1.50 whereyou shuld ALWAYS STAY

hey what you got against SE we can easily flash back

aCoL
October 18th, 2006, 17:21
:'( i want vice city also but updating possibly to 2.81 yea i am on 2.8 but still....we need more coders

collingall2005
October 18th, 2006, 17:28
Well the this BS is never going to end, Sony why don't yo just give in and tell us where the backdoor is, cause if you don't, we will, and I'm wondering if Sony even added any new prx files for game play to 2.80 anyway, like 1.52 we can rename 2.71 to 2.80 and those games would work, maybe i just wishing.

splodger15
October 18th, 2006, 17:29
I read somewere that booster is still at work he is just been busy lately

jamesmc3stripe
October 18th, 2006, 18:06

you can use devhook and isos with 2.71 SE! so what do you mean... or do you mean change what the firmware says? so it is actually 2.71 SE but says 2.81/3.00?, im sure someone could change tht, line DA and it proubally is possible cause he put an SE at the end of 2.71 lol

Cloudhunter
October 18th, 2006, 18:09

Why bother going to version 1.50? What exactly makes it better for running 2.8+ games? It's not like the 1.50 version changer will run games made for 2.8+ anyway... I'm more optimistic possibly using a 2.8 index.dat on 2.71SE. Devhook isn't "due". It isn't something you can predict on a time table.

Calm down anyhow, if you don't like 2.71SE noone is forcing you to use it...

Cloudy

YourStillWithMe
October 18th, 2006, 18:15
jamesmc3stripe-yea, i mean for the version changer. 1.50 offers a spoof from anywhere from 1.00 all the way up to 13.37, it has mass more mounts of protection than the 2.71 SE all im saying is that it stinks to have risked your flash to get up to 2.71 SE without any version changer available yet rasther than you will always be on the original 1.50 with the 13.37 spoof. You can just launch devhook on 1.50 and play all the stuff as 2.71, 2.80 and 2.81 are released to be devhooked and always maintain that protected firmware.

Where as if your running 2.71 SE and a devhook comes out that launches 2.80 or 2.81 regardless of if you can launch it the SE firmware your still in a tight spot because that firmware is not protected.

The only good thing i could see about 2.71 SE is if a version changer comes out for that and we can launch games up to 2.81

Veskgar
October 18th, 2006, 18:29
So it begins........

It will be very soon that games in the U.S.A. start shipping with 2.80/2.81 but I'm not too worried. With a 1.50 PSP there will most likely always be a way to play commercial games. Even if you have to back them up to dreaded ISO and modify some PRX's or something.

Also, 2.80/2.81 has been decrypted for some time now right? Well people could be secretly working on a new version of DevHook. You never know. It would not make sense for a new DevHook to be released yet just to emulate 2.81. If they wait to see what SONY has up its sleeve with the new 3.0 firmware before releasing a new DevHook, I think that would be the smartest move.

Why? Because if SONY can get an advanced look at how 2.81 is emulated, they could take more measures in protecting 3.0 firmware. So strategically, I think coders are going to force SONY into releasing 3.0 blindly hoping that it is not hacked/decrypted, etc. That gives us the advantage in the long run. Even if it causes a delay in being able to play new commercial games.

Its worth the wait. Always stay at 1.50 firmware and never upgrade for just 1 game when homebrew allows you to play tens of thousands of games with emulators and such.

jamesmc3stripe
October 18th, 2006, 18:32
yeah i gte you... but what do you mean by protected?... and we can reflash to 1.50, the thing i like is that i dont get the lag in the games as i did with devhooked 2.71, and also ive noticed im using the web browser alot more too

Veskgar
October 18th, 2006, 19:02
I've read reports that the European release of Power Stone Collection has a 2.80 firmware update.... but.......

GOOD NEWS!

The game actually works using DevHook 0.46 with 2.71 emulation.

I thought a lot of people would be happy to hear that.

Its probably because when the game was in early development, lower firmware prx's & files were used to create the game. But as time came for a final build for mass-production, a 2.80 update was slapped on the UMD to try and sucker more people into updating.

This same scenario will likely be true on a lot of games that are coming out in recent weeks that have been in development for quite some time. So GTA: VCS could have a 2.80 update included but may still work via DevHook with no other modification or tricks.

Cloudhunter
jamesmc3stripe-yea, i mean for the version changer. 1.50 offers a spoof from anywhere from 1.00 all the way up to 13.37, it has mass more mounts of protection than the 2.71 SE all im saying is that it stinks to have risked your flash to get up to 2.71 SE without any version changer available yet rasther than you will always be on the original 1.50 with the 13.37 spoof. You can just launch devhook on 1.50 and play all the stuff as 2.71, 2.80 and 2.81 are released to be devhooked and always maintain that protected firmware. True, but 2.71SE works just as well. The next version looks promising. The version changer doesn't allow you to run any games above 2.00 anyway, so there is no real advantage in changing the version apart to protect yourself from future upgrades, which 2.71SE does anyway.

Where as if your running 2.71 SE and a devhook comes out that launches 2.80 or 2.81 regardless of if you can launch it the SE firmware your still in a tight spot because that firmware is not protected.Devhook works fine for 2.71, just like it does on 1.50. You can even run the 1.50 devhook on 2.71, so what the hell are you talking about?

The only good thing i could see about 2.71 SE is if a version changer comes out for that and we can launch games up to 2.81
Agreed. But it has way more advantages than that...

Cloudy

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
man!... this "sony vs hackers/coders" battle is going out of hand......seriously i don't know what to do!!!!!!!!

Jpdeathblade
October 18th, 2006, 20:15
If you want more coders write tuts on everything. Like how the homebrew works, how the versions act, what files do what, etc.
I would make my own devhook if I knew how the firmwear acts (and if I had a modded psp =P)

BrooksyX
October 18th, 2006, 22:13
Ill be happy as long as I can play Medal of honor and GTA Vice City stories on 2.71 SE.

Muhu
October 18th, 2006, 22:48
And Socom Fireteam Bravo 2! :D

Mr. Shizzy
October 19th, 2006, 01:03
jamesmc3stripe-yea, i mean for the version changer. 1.50 offers a spoof from anywhere from 1.00 all the way up to 13.37, it has mass more mounts of protection than the 2.71 SE all im saying is that it stinks to have risked your flash to get up to 2.71 SE without any version changer available yet rasther than you will always be on the original 1.50 with the 13.37 spoof. You can just launch devhook on 1.50 and play all the stuff as 2.71, 2.80 and 2.81 are released to be devhooked and always maintain that protected firmware.

Where as if your running 2.71 SE and a devhook comes out that launches 2.80 or 2.81 regardless of if you can launch it the SE firmware your still in a tight spot because that firmware is not protected.

I was gonna use the 1337 version spoof. It really lets you launch homebrew and higher firmware UMD's all from one xmb??? How would I go about doing that? I assume I should remove the 2.99 version spoof with XFlash, then apply the 1337 spoof, dump the firmware, and fix that up in Devhook? Am I correct? Also is it true that the 1337 spoof has some messed up font? Thanks in advance for the info. :)

EDIT: Note, the 2.99 version spoof I did, didn't let me launch my GTA UMD. :(

Cloudhunter
October 19th, 2006, 01:28
I was gonna use the 1337 version spoof. It really lets you launch homebrew and higher firmware UMD's all from one xmb??? How would I go about doing that? I assume I should remove the 2.99 version spoof with XFlash, then apply the 1337 spoof, dump the firmware, and fix that up in Devhook? Am I correct? Also is it true that the 1337 spoof has some messed up font? Thanks in advance for the info. :)

EDIT: Note, the 2.99 version spoof I did, didn't let me launch my GTA UMD. :(

It wouldn't, as it uses the higher version firmware. Try using devhook, the 13.37 wont work any better.

Cloudy

BrooksyX
October 19th, 2006, 02:26
I am sure dark_alex will be able to find someway around it.

masterpsp2.6
October 19th, 2006, 04:15
i hope the dev hook is updated real soon!!! i know im going to be getting alot of the new games and are going to require firmware 2.8...my dev only goes to 2.71......hurry!

Stoner4Life
October 19th, 2006, 07:35
Devhook runs the Power Stone collection which has the 2.80 update on it. Which should mean that it requires the 2.80 firmware correct??
All i have to do to play is set to fw 2.71 and run through XMB menu.

pibs
October 19th, 2006, 07:44
They are probably waiting for sony to release 3.0 so that they wont get their hands on their methods and make some quick changes to the new firmware. just a thought ;D

Cloudhunter
October 19th, 2006, 10:51
Devhook runs the Power Stone collection which has the 2.80 update on it. Which should mean that it requires the 2.80 firmware correct??
All i have to do to play is set to fw 2.71 and run through XMB menu.

Yeah, looks like they just put the 2.8 firmware on it to try and trick people into thinking they actually require it when they don't, doubtless many a noob will fall for it.

Cloudy

slayer2psp
October 19th, 2006, 14:33
ford bold moves is also 2.80 firmware but guess what it works just fine with devhook 46 using 2.71 firmware. powerstone is 2.71 firmware if you drop it in umdgen it says its 2.71 firmware. but the ford racing game says its 2.80 firmware when you put it in umdgen so we should be good with 2.71 still

drivershigh
October 19th, 2006, 15:57
Kingdom of Paradise 2 works on DevHook as well :)

potatoman
October 19th, 2006, 20:07
anybody thought of (please dont ban me im talking about something LEGAL here) buying a game, iso-ing it, then using a premade program that automatically changes whatever prx uses a 2.80 syscall or even just changed the required firmware no. on the iso, then running that in devhook?
<no offense mode> for all u noobs, its legal cause if u own the game then u r allowed to iso it, as long as u keep the game. </no offense mode>
that way u dont hear that scratchy noise from the loading umd either! :D

Dano000
October 19th, 2006, 22:33
It is a very good idea, just you would need a 1 gig MS at least, probebly a 2 gig one if you want to house MUsic and Videos! otherwise It's a good idea! :)

Cloudhunter
October 19th, 2006, 22:58
<no offense mode> for all u noobs, its legal cause if u own the game then u r allowed to iso it, as long as u keep the game. </no offense mode>Offense not taken, but that really is a common misconception. Most games/programs etc usually now ship with a EULA (End User License Agreement), which is a legal contract.

The bottom line of most EULA's is that you don't actually own the game, you own a license to have ONE copy of the game. As soon as you have an image of that game, you are breaking that agreement as you have two.

Anyhow back on topic, but I for one don't care if they ship with higher firmware requirements, as I don't buy any commercial games anyway, I'm in it for the homebrew.

As for the program, it certainly is possible, however the questionable legality of it will make it not likely that anyone here will create one.

Cloudy

potatoman
October 20th, 2006, 07:57
damn... oh well... a man can dream... :p