PDA

View Full Version : Anti-DRM?

jackAction
October 18th, 2006, 12:21
Hi!
The policy of companies that sell DRM'ed content seems to make the customers suffer! I'm iTunes subscriber and taking iTunes audio to the car audio (mp3 player, cell phone etc.) is absolutely impossible for me! :(((
How do u deel with this?
I've seen the guide (http://www.nomoredrm.com/) and several progs.
Have u chosen anything to strip audio files? (an easy way) :mad:

Darksaviour69
October 18th, 2006, 12:25
ok a really crap but easy way is to burn it as an audio cd, and then rip the same cd, but i sure there is a better way...

S34MU5
October 18th, 2006, 12:55
get the ipod thing. that makes your ipod a radio station then u just tune it into your car. i think its illegal most places but u can import it and noone will notice because the signal dus not go far. i think its called the Griffen iTrip

Cloudhunter
October 18th, 2006, 13:16
get the ipod thing. that makes your ipod a radio station then u just tune it into your car. i think its illegal most places but u can import it and noone will notice because the signal dus not go far. i think its called the Griffen iTrip
Exuse me for being blunt, but that is totally off topic. What the hell has a radio device got to do with DRM?

Anyhow, the way I deal with it is avoiding DRM files if at all possible...

Cloudy

Masta-G
October 18th, 2006, 15:14
I recently got an iPod nano, and got the iTunes stuff with it, I only used it to transfer my existing mp3 files so far and havent tested the music store yet... But arent the files you get from the store mp4/m4a or AAC? Cause if it is then your mp3 player wont play 'em even when they are decrypted.

I believe there was an app that would use the key from your computer to decrypt them so you can convert 'm to whatever you want.
There was also a brute-force app that would crack the protection regardless of the computers key but that was considered piracy so apple was all over their asses.

I think the easiest way is to just burn 'm on high quality discs at 2x speed or something without the use of filters (such as normalize) and then rip them to high quality VBR mp3 files.
It's a waste of cdr's but I think you wont lose much quality.