PDA

View Full Version : Back of the Wii box sparks speculation

wraggster
October 18th, 2006, 17:28
The good people at Wiixors snagged some decent shots of the back of the Wii box at an EB Games and, besides making us want one of our very own, it has caused a few rumors to pop up -- namely, what is the Wii Startup Disc?

The rumors seem to be split into several camps: One says it's nothing more than the Wii Sports disc; others say it's an OS disc; other still say it's the Wii Opera browser, some sort of tutorial, or something far more insidious ... like a firmware update. It's a mystery.

If it's just the Wii Sports disc, why wouldn't the box say that? There's already a huge notice on the front of the box proclaiming the Wii Sports disc to be inside, so what else could it be? What do you want it to be?

Screen Via Comments

lexluthor
October 18th, 2006, 17:40
I bet... it tells you how ti sync the controller.. just a guess.

Jenksie
October 18th, 2006, 18:11
There was a rumour list going rouns some time ago about problems with the 4th controller not working and other such bugs, it said there wasn't enough time to upgrade the machine and so the Wii would ship with a firmware disc. That was just a ruomur though.

brainpan
October 18th, 2006, 18:52
There was a rumour list going rouns some time ago about problems with the 4th controller not working and other such bugs, it said there wasn't enough time to upgrade the machine and so the Wii would ship with a firmware disc. That was just a ruomur though.

I remember reading this too. Maybe I should wait before I pop that disc into my Wii. **snicker**:D
Maybe a nice hacker will exploit it allowing homebrew.:)

NoQuarter
October 18th, 2006, 19:51
Interesting,The firmware update sounds plausible.

JKKDARK
October 18th, 2006, 20:01
It's nice ;)

YoYoBoY
October 18th, 2006, 20:39
Are we sure this is from the box of the Wii packaging, or could this possibly be the demo unit box?

fg-54
October 18th, 2006, 20:49
maybe is just a disc that shows you how to use the wii-mote.
and btw, does anyone know why the "wii-remote" is called "remote control" in spanish? is it just a bad translation? and why didn't they translated the word "startup" to spanish? that could have given us a clue.:D

Gredler
October 19th, 2006, 09:28
maybe is just a disc that shows you how to use the wii-mote.
and btw, does anyone know why the "wii-remote" is called "remote control" in spanish? is it just a bad translation? and why didn't they translated the word "startup" to spanish? that could have given us a clue.:D

You have my vote, I agree. I also think it would introduce the channel system, set up the options that will be saved onto the flash stick, and help you create your first Mii's. Also, the startup disk could be used to simply show a movie of the possibilities and uses of the Wii.