PDA

View Full Version : PS2 Chip fitters

toes
October 17th, 2004, 11:33
Hi all, im just looking for anyone in the UK who can chip playstation 2's i have a version 10 with the new DVD firmware. Anyone in the UK (mainly looking for people in the Manchester Area)

Thanks

Saoshyant
October 17th, 2004, 13:05
Ok, you nice good feds don't get it do you? This IS a Dreamcast related site and we talk about it and some other things like GP32 for instance. We do not condone those warez and mod chip craps. All the time signing in as a different user who makes one post regarding this sh-t, believe me the Saoshyant, you won't get anyone on such a lame trick.

Yep, get me some crisps and don't forget to speak with my lawyer in Mejico, he is a very nice person.

Cereal
October 17th, 2004, 15:01
Since when did we care about mod chips?

krowstrife
October 17th, 2004, 16:33
there is a lot of talk about mod chips, you stupid noob
we don't talk about warez

toes
October 17th, 2004, 17:07
Im not interested in warez, im interested in development you stupid chinks.

wraggster
October 17th, 2004, 17:50
the forums are for fans of all consoles infact a total of 13 sites use these forums and at this moment the best way to have homebrew running on the ps2 is via a modchip, same for xbox, although no warez talk is allowed

mouth_uk
October 20th, 2004, 04:57
Sidestepping the searing flames in this room for a second, toes: It is really difficult to find someone who will admit to modding PS2s in Europe these days since S0ny had the law changed over here recently.

Your two options are:
1) have a chip shipped over from the States and try to find a friend who is a wizard with a soldering iron. If the chip didn't come with a diagram, they are really easy to come across on US mod related sites.

2) Get your hands on the following:
Lan Port £20.00
200Gb Hard Drive £80.00
Software - Boot CD £20.00 (will have to import from the U.S)
Booting with the boot cd will enable you to copy your PS2 backup game disk to the hard drive and you'll be able to store your collection on the hd. This way of modding is technically still legal and is a whole lot easier than trying to solder the chip.

Good luck.