PDA

View Full Version : Pandora News - The grand day is nearing (2011-12-12)

wraggster
December 18th, 2011, 22:55
via http://boards.openpandora.org/index.php?/topic/6414-the-grand-day-is-nearing-2011-12-12/

Whew, finally.
The parts from CC have passed customs and will arrive tomorrow at Global Components.
All the other parts for the prototype run are already there, so we're planning to do the prototype run on Thursday.
This will be an exciting day for me - hopefully, we'll be able to produce working Pandora boards.

I will do some hardcore tests with some of the working PCBs then, like running N64 emulation overclocked with full brightness for 48 hours during the weekend, to see that everything works stable.
Once that has happened, it's time to order the PCBs for the mass production run!

Speaking of the mass production:
With the parts that arrive from CC, we've got most of the TI parts for 2000 Pandoras ready.
4000 nubs (for 2000 Pandoras) will be ready on December 30th, 1000 WiFi modules will ship on January 10th.
The RAM will ship about christmas.
All other parts are already here.
So we've got everything needed for the mass production PCB run.

And the rest of the parts needed for Pandoras?
Well, I bought off the remaining cases, batteries, keymats, etc. from Craig, which should be enough for the first 1000 units (well, actually 4000 batteries are more than enough).
Hopefully, he'll ship them within the next days so I've got them here on Friday.

I'll also get a new sample of the revised case (which hopefully will prevent some annoying cracks from appearing) from DSW within the next days.
Then it's time to order the next 4000 cases as well.

I still got 1200 LCD cables left, so it's also time getting more LCD Cables for February / March.

I still have to buy some LCDs and AC Adaptors for the first run, but we're working on that.
I don't know how many LCDs Craig will include in the package to me, so I don't know how many I need to buy for Batch 1.

And the TV Out Cables? Well, still waiting for a quotation and hopefully a sample before the end of the year.
Chinese New Year is in January, so we'll hope we have done most of that before that.

I'll keep you posted