PDA

View Full Version : Konami Brings Shooting Classics to PSP

wraggster
October 18th, 2006, 18:50
News Via IGN (http://uk.psp.ign.com/articles/739/739999p1.html)

Konami will be following up on last year's well-received Gradius Collection (Gradius Portable in Japan) with three new shooter bundles for the Japanese market. The latest issue of Famitsu contains first details on Salamander Portable, Parodius Portable and Twinbee Portable for the PSP.

Each collection includes five titles, one of which is being kept secret. Here's what's been announced so far.

Salamander Portable
Salamander (1986)
Life Force (1987)
Xexex (1991)
Salamander 2 (1996)

Parodius Portable
Parodius da! (1990)
Gokujou Parodius: Kakou no Eikou wo Momomete (1994)
Sexy Parodius (1996)
Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius - forever with me - (1996)

Twinbee Portable
Twinbee (1985)
Detana Twinbee (1991)
Twinbee Yahho! Fushigi no Kuni de Ooabare!! (1995)
Pop'n Twinbee (1996)

Details on the bonuses planned for the titles have only partially come to light. Famitsu confirms that Salamander will offer original and wide modes of play. Parodius will offer a galery mode which allows you to enjoy the classic sounds of the series. It's possible that these modes will be available across all three titles.

Famitsu also confirms that Twinbee will allow you to hold the PSP in a rarely used vertical mode in order to mimic the long aspect ratio of the original arcade machine.

All three collections will be released to Japan in January, carrying a 3980 yen price point. US versions have yet to be announced.

Thomly
October 18th, 2006, 19:21
Famitsu also confirms that Twinbee will allow you to hold the PSP in a rarely used vertical mode in order to mimic the long aspect ratio of the original arcade machine.

Yeah :D cool
I think that it is quite original, Konami is some good company by the way

geise69
October 18th, 2006, 19:25
Man Xexex on the psp would be awesome! =0~~~~~~~~
All the parodius games would be a very nice addition as well. Salamander 2 is also a nice Konami GX game. Now if they could do an arcade collection of X-MEN, both TMNT games, Metamorphic Force, Simpsons and Sunset Riders I'd be a very very happy man! This is great news.

NoQuarter
October 18th, 2006, 19:45
Now that's a sexy compilation!

Lithium337
October 18th, 2006, 23:34
How about "Contra Collection"?

shongohan
October 19th, 2006, 15:00
PARODIUS & SALAMANDER WAS MY FAVOURITE GAMES ON 1988 with MSX, and later with SNES, etc... VERY COOL!!!:D

shongohan
October 19th, 2006, 15:00
PARODIUS & SALAMANDER WERE MY FAVOURITE GAMES ON 1988 with MSX, and later with SNES, etc... VERY COOL!!!:D