PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have a MayFlash WIFI adapter for their DS? and does it WORK

extentofmysin
October 18th, 2006, 18:52
does anyone have a MayFlash WIFI adapter for their
DS? I cant set it up! ...and perhaps unsurprisingly,
not one of the three email address on their website
works at all, so im trying the die hard emulation
forums to see if anyone can help as opposed to any
general gamers.. I have a single pc, not on any
network, and Ive followed the guide to set it up..
http://mayflash.com/pc/pc041/001.htm

I didnt realise I had to configure a game, so this is what ive done so far.... on the pc, ive set it up with the options in my above post. Ill stick to one game, so i'll concentrate on Mario Kart DS. Upon running Mario Kart and checking the games system options, it gives a series of numbers as a "MAC address". In my WIFI programs own options, I then added this Mario Kart MAC address to the 'accept' section.
Upon trying to connect using the game, I have noticed that the "station MAC address" from my WIFI adapter now gives this code from the game for a few brief seconds- getting there... I think :O but I should state that this number only comes up when I 'test connection' in Mario Karts WI-FI options, and not when trying to connect to play the main game.

Eventually however, Mario Kart when trying to connect states "error 52000 - unable to obtain IP address, move within range or check DHCP settings." I have left all of Mario Karts other options as default or 'auto detect. I do not know what DHCP setting are.. or where!? The WIFI on the pc states 'limited or not connected' when I click on its symbol on the bottom right of the windows screen.
In Mario Kart, I have clicked on 'auto detect' for IP, but still no result. It seems likely that the WI-FI is possibly connecting to the DS, but not able to access the internet? The only thing I havent set from the recommended WI-FI settings from the official WI-FI site was the 'bridge adapter' but the program does not let me select one- this pc is not on a network, only a single home machine? I am using Zonealarm Suite, firewall & antivirus.

UPDATE! --------------

ok I got it working- the problem was with "internet connection sharing" not turning on in my version of xp. The files have mysteriously gone missing! So ive installed ANOTHER copy of XP on a spare (half dead) hard drive, with no firewall. With my internet connection sharing problem, I think registry "fixing" programs can wreck certain areas of xp if youre not careful. I think thats what happened with my system- even worse, the changes when deleting 'unneeded' entries using a registry cleaner/fixer can sometimes be impossible to fix (use "sfc /scannow" in the start options RUN command to try and reinstall ICS if you have the same DS problems..) In my case my Windows xp home edition with built in SP2 wants me to use an xp PRO disc to fix the problem when I try and use the 'scannow' command! This seems a common issue with xp updates (even the ones that come on an xp disc already when you install)- the service packs work but are not being incorporated into windows properly. Thats microsofts problem in rushing those service pack updates out onto cd and the net and not making them fully adjust or recognise whatever version of windows you are using.

I have tried help guides with changing the registry to solve the problem on my regular hd, but no luck- so Im stuck with using my spare hard drive with another XP home installed and its fully working ICS for internet DS use, until I reinstall windows on my normal hd... and avoid registry cleaning programs lol.... ill do it one day once everything is backed upzzz lolaarghh!!