PDA

View Full Version : People & Aliens

Heiro
October 18th, 2006, 20:13
I recently overheard a couple friends talk about Aliens and UFOs in school. They were saying how they think they come from other planets like Mars and Mercury, which reminded me of this site. (www.mercurytheory.com)
I guess my friends are really into science technology. If they are, I wonder if they read anything about Mercury being run by aliens or anything. I have a hard time believing this stuff, but who knows what’s really going on these days.

BlackJack23
October 18th, 2006, 20:38
Thats an insurance website.

If there area aliens they most probably aren't even sentient. Just single-celled organisms or maybe something slightly more advanced. But who knows?
The universe is infinite and there are multiple dimensions.

Did you know that 90% of the universe's mass is unaccounted for? Scientists call the substance that hold this mass dark matter.

There are no aliens on Mercury. Next time, look at the solar system chart in school. Notice how close Mercury is to the sun? Any form of life is impossible there. It is far too hot. I'm assuming you're still in junior/primary school if your friends are talking about life on Mercury.

Mars? Well, thats a different story. Although no life exists there now, it is possible there was once life there. There is sufficient heat and about a decade ago(correct me if I'm wrong) a Mars Rover found water there.

I know you and your peers must get very excited at the idea of "Aliens running Mercury" but thats something out of Science Fiction(which, by the way often has no loyalty to science whatsoever)

Phew. I hope that answered your question

Apoklepz
October 18th, 2006, 22:17
I wish I was abducted by Alien Girls that looked like Vida Guerra and Beyonce Knowles...That would kick so much ass.

bullhead
October 18th, 2006, 23:20
Regarding the population of the universe. Lets see who will point it out first. I just liked this part.

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

Its not too complicated, I assure you.

JKKDARK
October 18th, 2006, 23:51
I wish I was abducted by Alien Girls that looked like Vida Guerra and Beyonce Knowles...That would kick so much ass.
Oh I wish :rolleyes:

acn010
October 19th, 2006, 00:11
oh god,*drools*

Cloudhunter
October 19th, 2006, 00:22
Regarding the population of the universe. Lets see who will point it out first. I just liked this part.

"It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination."

Its not too complicated, I assure you.
Doesn't quite make sense. The universe has a limited size, just like everything else. Therefore, it isn't infinite, and there aren't infinite worlds. Having said that though, the number of worlds populated would still be very very very close to zero, and the total population would be infinitesimal.

Cloudy

Apoklepz
October 19th, 2006, 00:40
How do you know space is limited, Cloudy? Man hasn't been able to walk on another planet, yet as advanced as technology may be, we still haven't managed to reach anything out of our neighbor stellar systems...and there's still millions and dare I say billions more light years of space to cover...This is old news, but hey, check it out...

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/exoplanet_new_0404015.html

Another thing...PSP, a machine made by man, has not reached it's limits, yet...What makes you think Space...a dimension Demised by "The Big Jumbo Hooolyness"...has?

M!ckeY
October 19th, 2006, 02:33
i was abducted once...i was riding my bike in a forest...and "BAM!" it happened..ALIENS! :)

jamesmc3stripe
October 19th, 2006, 14:11
i am playing poker with a martion as we speak... its actually my freind but he looks weird, shush dont tell him lol

fg-54
October 19th, 2006, 20:54
i love aliens...and hate them at the seame time, i'm fasinated by them, but i'm afraid of them even though i'm an alien my self.
you see, i am a blrog-nork who has been sent to earth becouse my planet was having a "letharfian" war, so to be safe, i came here, adopted 2 parental units (parentsl unit A#1.0 and parental unit B#1.0) they ar ok parental units, but sometimes i wish i could destroy them.

Accordion
October 19th, 2006, 21:38
all our understanding of carbon based life cycles may mean nothing for life forms of other bases. so rules such as heat and atmosphere mean nothing.

as for the size of the universe. accoording to theory it is expanding, however the idea of an empty space for which a universe could expand into is very hard to understand, without a creative...erm 'force' so in that respect an infinite universe makes more literal sense as it can exist without a beginning or end. of course, current cosmology points to the expanding universe in many accounts, cos red shift, inverse square law in relation to light energy, etc.
there is no definate answer, only a very awkward compromise between an event of chance and a creation theory, which doesnt comply with any standardised religion.

fg-54
October 20th, 2006, 01:31
i agree, i wonder if "space" has an end, and what is beyond the end? there has to be something, and what if this whole galaxy is just a super small part of the dna of someones leg or something? and do we crush entire galaxys every time we take a step?