PDA

View Full Version : How do you open a No File Extention file?

MrTeressaBond
October 19th, 2006, 11:36
How do you open a No File Extention file?

i am literally trying extentions like iso and bim or rar to try and see if i can view open this image file i have as i assume.

can anyone help me out hre please?

Darksaviour69
October 19th, 2006, 11:40
open it as a txt file, see if there are any cules to what it is there

MrTeressaBond
October 19th, 2006, 11:53
well, i just did that, and it completely frooze my computer, due to it being a big file.

Darksaviour69
October 19th, 2006, 12:03
lol, how big is it, also where did you get it?, how did you lose the file extention

MrTeressaBond
October 19th, 2006, 12:06
well, i dont know if i am allowed to say this here, i got it u know where, and its around 200-300MB.

also, i got the file without an extention.

Darksaviour69
October 19th, 2006, 12:09
well to be honest i would be carefull, if i where you, its weird it has no extention, if it was me i would delete it..

MrTeressaBond
October 19th, 2006, 12:13
well not htis file.

i just have my hopes high for it. maybe its something that alot of people have been looking for.

MrTeressaBond
October 19th, 2006, 12:26
plus, its not infected or aything.

i did scan it with norton and nothing.

any other idea perhaps?

cloud_952
October 19th, 2006, 16:25
What business did you have downloading stuff when you didn't know what it was?

If you DO know what it is, keep assigning extensions until one works. If it's what I think it is (you're probably pirating illegal isos and got it off a torrent or something), you should try various zipped standards as well, including *.zip, *.rar *.tar, etc.

Otherwise, you're simple SOL. You could always try buying the product if you want it so bad. ^_^

shadowprophet
October 19th, 2006, 17:42
give it the .rar extention and then just uncompress it. that method has never let me down...

souLLy
October 19th, 2006, 17:43
sounds like warez talk to me...

MrTeressaBond
October 19th, 2006, 17:44
this is the kind u cant get anywhere. trust me on this. or as i assumed, i dont do illegal things, cause it is illegal by far.

i have now finally know wht the extention is.

its .7z

thanks everyone for ur help. been great.