PDA

View Full Version : Wii demo kiosks to be supervised?

wraggster
October 19th, 2006, 17:03
You know that feeling when you're trying to buy something at a store, but the clerk follows your every move making you feel like you're about to gank something? Sucks, doesn't it? Well that might be the case this fall when play testing the Wii at some retail stores. Says Nintendo VP George Harrison in speaking with IGN:

"We have spent considerable time designing in-store displays that will best showcase the Wii console's unique games and provide an entertaining experience for players while still fitting well into a retail environment. Wireless controllers will be used and we are asking retailers to have staff available to help consumers have a successful first experience with Wii."

Asking retailers is one thing. Doing is another, especially on a retailer's dime. (Who's gonna staff someone full-time to safeguard Wiimotes or help swing a virtual tennis racket?) Even if demo units feature wireless controllers, expect tethers for convenience and to discourage cleptos, at least as a store policy.

philr359
October 19th, 2006, 19:17
im prepared to tell an associte to go f**k off so i can play my Wii in peace

fg-54
October 19th, 2006, 20:46
no! gosh, why does nintendo have to be so carefull about everything, its almost worse then my mom.
ps: this is my 200th post, yay me!

Kramer
October 20th, 2006, 01:52
Could you imagine how many wiimotes would be stolen if they werent supervised probably like 3 a day so this is definitely fare.

Adrenalin
October 20th, 2006, 10:47
good point Kramer.