PDA

View Full Version : DSe Notepad [BETA]

wraggster
October 19th, 2006, 17:44
News/release from Enira (http://palib.info/forum/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=28&post_id=11132#forumpost11132) of a Notepad App for the DS:

Note:
Be aware that this is a beta. This code has never seen any hardware so I do not know how it will react.
But it worked whilst emulated.
In this beta, the text file gets written into the SRAM. (So no fancy screens etc...) (Thanks Mollusk for the idea.)

About the project:
Know Issues:
-The scrollbar should be optimized.
When the text autoscrolls because you are moving beyond your screen limits, the scrollbar doesn't updates.
-The cursor resets to 0 when scrolling (Will be optimized next time for sure)
-Quite some glitches/bugs I suppose.

Further implementations: ( When Santa delivers me a piece of hardware to develop )
-FAT implementation so SRAM will be chucked out.
-Config file to save where you left
-Config file to store costum grafitti's
-Basic improvements in grafitti: 'wizard' modus that makes the grafitti adept to your writing style.
(The more you practice the 'wizard' the accurate your writing becomes)

About the DSe Notepad.

Keys:
Start: Only when asked to reset SRAM.
X: Switch screen
Y: Add Breakpoint
Left: Move cursor left
Right: Move cursor right

Not used:
L (Suggested: Scroll Up)
R (Suggested: Scroll Down)
Select
A
B
Up
Down

Switch Screen:
The X button allows you to switch the text to the lower screen so you can set your cursor somewhere in the text.
Press X to switch your screen again.

Breakpoints:
Breakpoints (that's what I call it) are markings in the text ,like a cursor (but red), that select an amount of text.
Press once to add the first breakpoint, press Y again to add the last breakpoint and press again to unselect.
Once an area of text is marked with these breakpoints you can copy/cut it.

About the Input:
Input can be done both ways.
a) The keyboard
b) The stylus

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

scradle
October 26th, 2006, 11:36
hello!!!!!!! I'm using SC lite rumble and your notepad don't want to start .but I test it with a ds emulator, I can say it's got great disign and possibility.hope a new release soon.

Prasoc
October 28th, 2006, 11:43
on my ds-x it just says "can i format sram to save the text file? (Press start to do so)" and when I restart, it just says it again and nothing comes up.

danmiracle
November 7th, 2006, 23:27
on my ds-x it just says "can i format sram to save the text file? (Press start to do so)" and when I restart, it just says it again and nothing comes up.
this is all that is happening when i try it on my ds too :confused:

canvasch
December 7th, 2006, 10:12
it loads up perfect for me on my supercard minisd...

but i dislike the fact that the write box is for 1 letter only... i was hoping it'd be like the pictochat, where i could write a full word and save it..

also the save function doesn't work.. the only functions that work are the new page, go back to previous file, and the credits button....

it's useless for me if it doesn't save.

Aslan Da Bomb
April 7th, 2007, 05:49
Hi. I'm new here. I uploaded the notepad to my Max Media Dock's Compact Flash Card and have DS? Turn it off?

Aslan Da Bomb
April 7th, 2007, 05:50
I meant how do I reset my ds.

witeds
May 9th, 2007, 15:00
the zip file wont upload on my computer
but i would like to se it save and open text files when is your next version going to be done and will it save and upload files that is what i need so ican work on storys and stuff