PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Wars 1.7a pre-release

Darksaviour69
October 19th, 2006, 21:44
Smurph has released a pre-release of Super Mario Wars 1.7a in our forums here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27220)

For some reason, my 1.7a port runs decent... It just has memory consumption problems. It's playable, just don't expect more than 1 or 2 games before crashing.

I need to start work on it again... but until I do, here's a little pre-release, I guess.

Download locally here (http://dreamcast.dcemu.co.uk/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,85,486)

Smurph
October 20th, 2006, 03:39
Noooo!!! It's not ready for news posts! ;_;

EDIT: If you're gonna release it like that, at least snag the CDI.

The 1.7a data files can't be had from the CVS anymore, and I had to do some downsampling.

http://smurph.ath.cx:81/files/dc/smw17a_cdi.7z

And here's an excerpt from the readme I forgot to include in that archive but am too lazy to rebuild:

OK, first off: This is a PRE-RELEASE, so don't expect it to be stable!

possible sound config combinations that probably won't result
in a memory-related crash:

Setting 1:
Announcer: None
Music: Standard
Sound: On

Setting 2:
Announcer: Mortal Kombat
Music: Off
Sound: On

You can try others if you like, just don't complain if it crashes.

It also seems to crash during loading from time to time.

Also, this release requires a keyboard.

GPF
October 20th, 2006, 07:08
Excellent work Smurf, glad someone else was able to get it to work, still have no idea why my older version wouldn't work lol

Troy(GPF)

Smurph
October 20th, 2006, 07:17
Excellent work Smurf, glad someone else was able to get it to work, still have no idea why my older version wouldn't work lol

Troy(GPF)

Oh come off it, it's not that great. = /

But I thank you for the compliment.

Darksaviour69
October 20th, 2006, 10:00
sorry Smurph, but other sites had newsposted it already (before me) ;(

we try to only host plain files so that the user can do what they want with it (bootdreams, dc hakker, dream inducer)

i'm at work (uni) and so your download won't work lol

btw you can upload 7z files to the forum now

also if you want to release private build try the private developers forums at the bottom

BudFern
October 21st, 2006, 02:22
I was wondering what was wrong with my controllers. Then I plugged in the DC keyboard and the game played fine. Hehe. The sound is just like GPFs version. :) But overall it's a great effort! Thanks for this release. Now I have to try some of the other options.

Smurph
October 25th, 2006, 22:59
sorry Smurph, but other sites had newsposted it already (before me) ;(

we try to only host plain files so that the user can do what they want with it (bootdreams, dc hakker, dream inducer)

i'm at work (uni) and so your download won't work lol

btw you can upload 7z files to the forum now

also if you want to release private build try the private developers forums at the bottom

Yeah, I'll have to do that next time, rofl.

Oh, and you've probably noticed that my site is down. I had to reformat (backed everything up though), and somehow irreparably bricked my router. On top of that, my WLAN card has taken to dropping its connection roughly every 5 seconds.

Darksaviour69
October 25th, 2006, 23:46
i forgot to give you coder status, that gives you access to newsposting and the private developers forum

Smurph
October 26th, 2006, 05:37
i forgot to give you coder status, that gives you access to newsposting and the private developers forum

Awesome, thanks.

I was wondering what was wrong with my controllers. Then I plugged in the DC keyboard and the game played fine. Hehe. The sound is just like GPFs version. :) But overall it's a great effort! Thanks for this release. Now I have to try some of the other options.

This wasn't really meant to be posted all over the place... It was just to hold people over a little until I can get the thing done. I just have to get around to setting up cygwin again.