PDA

View Full Version : Taito Legends Power-Up Screenshots

wraggster
October 19th, 2006, 21:57
Check out the latest screenshots of Taito Legends Power-Up via the comments.

JKKDARK
October 19th, 2006, 22:05
it looks great :) I have the GBA version

mr_nick666
October 19th, 2006, 22:33
Awww.. No Newzeland Story pics :( Looks good though :D

Veskgar
October 19th, 2006, 23:56
This is a decent compilation. The interface and menus are good. Not as good as Capcom Classics Collection but much better than the Midway Treasures.

This is worth it for any die-hard retro fan.

AtariFreek
October 20th, 2006, 00:46
Looks nice! I'm sticking to Capcom though.

meanguns
October 20th, 2006, 00:54
Check out the latest screenshots of Taito Legends Power-Up via the comments.

I only have a 1.5 and use it to play only old games. I bought a few games like midway and capcom but if this does not work on my system I will return it to the store!

Otherwise I can't wait to get it! They already have my cash... I hope they don't blow the deal buy making it a 2.80 or 2.81 compliant game...

:)

Veskgar
October 20th, 2006, 02:36
I only have a 1.5 and use it to play only old games. I bought a few games like midway and capcom but if this does not work on my system I will return it to the store!

Otherwise I can't wait to get it! They already have my cash... I hope they don't blow the deal buy making it a 2.80 or 2.81 compliant game...

Don't worry my friend. I can hands-on confirm that this game works 100% with DevHook. Its a 2.71 game so no worries. Hell, even the 2.80 games recently released are working with DevHook 2.71 emulation.

Vega
October 20th, 2006, 02:47
Don't worry my friend. I can hands-on confirm that this game works 100% with DevHook. Its a 2.71 game so no worries. Hell, even the 2.80 games recently released are working with DevHook 2.71 emulation.

really?? how??

Veskgar
October 20th, 2006, 03:00
really?? how??
Not 100% sure but I have theories. Power Stone Collection has a 2.80 update with it but works with DevHook via 2.71 emulation. Also, Ford Bold Moves Street Racing is an actual 2.80 game and not just an update inclusion, and the game works fine with DevHoook.

I think this has to do with when the final build of the game was compiled and what .prx files, etc. were available to the developers. A recently released game could have been compiled with 2.60, 2.70, or 2.71 files even though higher firmwares are available.

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

I have seen reports that Star Trek Tactical Assault, which is a 2.80 game doesn't work properly due to a "missing font bug" or something. I have no idea what that means. Its just what I read. Maybe a font file used in 2.8x firmware that is not available when emulating 2.71. The problem has allegedly been fixed with a "patch" so I guess its not a major roadblock.

But this could be the start of 2.80 and higher games not working on homebrew enabled PSP's. Could be the 2nd war involving forced firmware updates & commercial gaming on homebrew PSP's.

meanguns
October 20th, 2006, 05:34
Not 100% sure but I have theories. Power Stone Collection has a 2.80 update with it but works with DevHook via 2.71 emulation. Also, Ford Bold Moves Street Racing is an actual 2.80 game and not just an update inclusion, and the game works fine with DevHoook.

I think this has to do with when the final build of the game was compiled and what .prx files, etc. were available to the developers. A recently released game could have been compiled with 2.60, 2.70, or 2.71 files even though higher firmwares are available.

ALERT! ALERT! ALERT!

I have seen reports that Star Trek Tactical Assault, which is a 2.80 game doesn't work properly due to a "missing font bug" or something. I have no idea what that means. Its just what I read. Maybe a font file used in 2.8x firmware that is not available when emulating 2.71. The problem has allegedly been fixed with a "patch" so I guess its not a major roadblock.

But this could be the start of 2.80 and higher games not working on homebrew enabled PSP's. Could be the 2nd war involving forced firmware updates & commercial gaming on homebrew PSP's.

Too bad about star trek I would have bought that one too. This is one of the bigger titles I was waiting for I played the cosin to this game on the pc but if I can't play it then I won't buy it! If the patch works like you say it does I just might consider buying it but if I can't make it work they can keep it! I would rather use my psp for homebrew applications then buy a game that will ruin it, with an update. It's just too dam bad about sony's poor or lack of additude! I bought the PSP, I can do what I want or I would never have bought it in the first place. It's because of the homebrew apps that I bought one in the first place. The second reason is to play umd games but they are just trying to stop us from buying their games! Let just face facts everyone, there will always be piracy but then there are guys like me who don't wan't the hassle of it and wan't to support these artists and company's for producing great games but it seems sony dosen't want me to buy or support these artists, programers and third party company's by not allowing me to play these games unless I give up my rights or right to support the homebrew community. It's just too bad they are the ones with the bad additudes and it seems like the hackers have more respect than sony does that is saying somthing about this community. The fact is this I will not nor will I ever give up my right to use homebrew software. Why? A) It's released for free in most cases B) It's what I like about the PSP and why I bought one in the first place! Sony take some good advice stop punishing the people who support the homebrew community, at least allow us to buy your games and play them...

Veskgar
October 20th, 2006, 13:23
Too bad about star trek I would have bought that one too. This is one of the bigger titles I was waiting for I played the cosin to this game on the pc but if I can't play it then I won't buy it! If the patch works like you say it does I just might consider buying it but if I can't make it work they can keep it!
Ok well a little further digging and alls that you need to do to this game is replace the libfont.prx with a 2.71 games libfont.prx. But we can't really talk about that here so I'll shut up.

Sony really hates ISO's but yet they pull this and force people to have to do it in order to get games to work.

Baboon
October 20th, 2006, 17:59
it looks great :) I have the GBA version

I didnt even know it was out for the GBA??

Vega
October 20th, 2006, 18:02
I noticed the 2.8 patch for star trek too.
weird.

meanguns
October 20th, 2006, 20:39
Ok well a little further digging and alls that you need to do to this game is replace the libfont.prx with a 2.71 games libfont.prx. But we can't really talk about that here so I'll shut up.

Sony really hates ISO's but yet they pull this and force people to have to do it in order to get games to work.

Look like I will be buying it for the psp after all! I was just going to purchase it for the DS insted but since my psp will be able to play it I will support the psp instead! Although I heard it was good on the DS as well but the psp had more meat to the game and the DS version was wattered down! anyway the tatio classic will be in my collection when it hits stores I just put $5 down to reserve it at gamestop today to make sure I get one for the hollidays!