PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance with GenesisPlusDC: GPWT

oosername05
October 20th, 2006, 01:46
I have been trying to use this emulator GenesisPlusDC: GPWT to remember one of the best videogame consoles, the Sega Genesis.

I followed this guide

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/GenesisPlusDC-How-to-burn
(all text from from this website)

How to burn GenesisPlusDC:

Using SBInducer:

1. Download the SBI from here:

DCHelp's SBI File Repository

The file of the newest version 'GPWT-3c' is called 'GenesisPlusDC-gpwt-260706-BlackAura.sbi'

Make sure your browser didn't rename the file to a '.zip'-file. If so just rename it back.

2. Get SBInducer v4 from

DCHelp's SBI File Repository

3. Install SBInducer and put the 'GenesisPlusDC-gpwt-260706-BlackAura.sbi' in your C:/SBInducr/SBI/ folder.

4. Start SBInducer. Select 'SBI2BOOT' and click on 'Extract SBI'.

5. Switch back to Explorer and put your Genesis/MegaDrive games into C:/SBInducer/Inducer/gpwt/data/ROMS/. The games can be zipped or unzipped.

6. Edit the file C:/SBInducer/Inducer/gpwt/data/ROMS.txt and put the names of your games in there plus the name you'd like to see on screen:

SHINOBI.ZIP The Revenge of Shinobi

'SHINOBI.ZIP' (or 'shinobi.zip') would be your actual ROM, 'The Revenge of Shinobi' will be displayed on screen. Each file + name goes into a seperate line in ROMS.TXT.

* A very helpful tool to automate the process is Smurph's ROMLister

7. In SBInducer, you click on the DiscJuggler or Nero icons to create the image. I personally prefer DiscJuggler.

8. Burn the DiscJuggler image with BootDreams' CDI-burner or Alcohol120% in TAO mode. http://consolevision.com/members/dchelp/?My_Projects:BootDreams http://trial.alcohol-soft.com/en/download_120.php

Alternatively you could use BootDreams to burn the /Inducer/ folder:

1. Download BootDreams from here: http://consolevision.com/members/dchelp/?My_Projects:BootDreams

and install it to e.g. C:/BootDreams/

2. Start BootDreams and point it to C:/SBInducer/Inducer/. It will then guide you to the process. I recommend the 'CDRecord' method.

-------I have a few questions... do the roms have to be a certain file extension such as .SMD or .SMC --and do those files have to be zipped (.zip) in order to let the emulator read the ROMS.txt file

(i have burned the .Nrg the selfboot inducer made. the selfbootinducer menu showed up and displayed
Gwpst and got in the list of the roms... selected the rom by pressing start and nothing happened.

---------------------------------
tried the method by burnerO:

Provlist by burnerO

An alternative would be Provlist by bO.

At first download this little tool set: http://www.dcevolution.net/dsdevelopment/large/CE/gpwt-tools.zip

Included are Provlist & Renamer which both are needed.

1. Copy your ROMs (*.zip) in /gpwt/data/ROMS/ and run Provlst.exe

2. Open ROMS.LST in Wordpad and replace ".SMC:" with ".ZIP " (space).

3. Save as 'ROMS.TXT' in /gpwt/data/

4. Right-click on your /gpwt/data/ROMS/ folder and start Renamer

5. Click on 'Edit' -> 'Multi-Change' and replace "%a.SMC" with "%a.ZIP"

6. Click on 'A->B' to apply the changes and then close Renamer

7. Burn the disc with BootDreams or SBInducer v4

----------------------------------------------------------
burned about 6 cds with different methods. all cd's displayed the game list but wouldn't load the rom

(burned NesterDC successfully) :)
--------------------------

Any help would be much appreciated, reply if you need more info from my methods. -- Thanks in advance!

Smurph
October 20th, 2006, 03:36
I have a few questions... do the roms have to be a certain file extension such as .SMD or .SMC --and do those files have to be zipped (.zip) in order to let the emulator read the ROMS.txt file

(i have burned the .Nrg the selfboot inducer made. the selfbootinducer menu showed up and displayed
Gwpst and got in the list of the roms... selected the rom by pressing start and nothing happened.

burned about 6 cds with different methods. all cd's displayed the game list but wouldn't load the rom

(burned NesterDC successfully) :)
--------------------------

Any help would be much appreciated, reply if you need more info from my methods. -- Thanks in advance!

They need to be in BIN format... NOT SMD. Also, SMC is a SNES ROM format. You can't simply rename the files, they must be converted. I would also suggest zipping the roms into their own separate archives, for two reasons:

1: Less disc space
2: My ROMLister only looks for zipped roms at the moment.

/me must remember to edit that wiki...

oosername05
October 20th, 2006, 19:19
I have used Provlist on the folder of the roms and it renamed the files. Then used Batch Zip Toolkit to zip each rom. Edited the ROMS.LST in the following format-- SNS_0274.ZIP Sonic the Hedgehog 2

They need to be in BIN format... NOT SMD. Also, SMC is a SNES ROM format. You can't simply rename the files, they must be converted. I would also suggest zipping the roms into their own separate archives, for two reasons:

1: Less disc space
2: My ROMLister only looks for zipped roms at the moment.

/me must remember to edit that wiki...

How to you make them into Bin's? and how do you convert the files?

Smurph
October 25th, 2006, 23:09
I have used Provlist on the folder of the roms and it renamed the files. Then used Batch Zip Toolkit to zip each rom. Edited the ROMS.LST in the following format-- SNS_0274.ZIP Sonic the Hedgehog 2

How to you make them into Bin's? and how do you convert the files?

http://www.powernet.net/~trzy/files/grom.zip

oosername05
October 25th, 2006, 23:14
I figured out what I was doing wrong but finally I burned the emulator and it works perfectly, great job on the emulator to blackaura and warmtoe!:cool:

afterschoolfun
May 25th, 2009, 18:58
Alright, so I burned everything right and it loads the menu and when I try to load the ROM it says loading rom and just stays at the menu. I tried having .zips and .gens if that would do anything. and they are working roms.