PDA

View Full Version : gpspDC (GBA Emu)

Darksaviour69
October 20th, 2006, 10:27
This is a port of Exophase's gba emulator that he programmed specifically for the psp, by GPF

GPF has released a test version for dcmu staff to play with (we have been lucky recently), and we can report that up to 32mb roms are loading (remember the dc has only 16mb of RAM). There's a little lag in the sound when using roms bigger than 8 MB, but they are playable.

GPF said he hopes to release an apha soon, but is very busy at work right now.

So while you guys wait we have made 2 videos of the emu running, (the emu does have sound, but it is not recorded in theses videos) thanks to skye for the videos

Frameskip set to 0

download via comments

digg it (http://digg.com/gaming_news/gpspDC_GBA_Emu_for_the_Sega_Dreamcast)

MikeDX
October 20th, 2006, 11:27
Now, where shall I start ;)

Sonic-NKT
October 20th, 2006, 12:57
awesome... cant wait to test this :)

gxb
October 20th, 2006, 17:04
Great! I've been waiting for it for a long time . But maybe a GBA remcompile written in SH4 assembly language is needed if we want to get full speed.

Sonic-NKT
October 20th, 2006, 18:41
yes, i also think a dynamic recompiler is needed, i think the psp version has one too, and that runs at 333mhz...

brainpan
October 20th, 2006, 19:19
This is really cool but because the GBSP was coded specifically for the PSP, wouldnt VisualBoy advance be a better suit for the DC hardware? or are there a lot of similiarities between DC and PSP hardware? Either way its very cool. I am starting to wish I still had a Dreamcast......

JKKDARK
October 20th, 2006, 19:30
Nice, a new GBA emu for DC :)

quzar
October 20th, 2006, 20:32
This is really cool but because the GBSP was coded specifically for the PSP, wouldnt VisualBoy advance be a better suit for the DC hardware? or are there a lot of similiarities between DC and PSP hardware? Either way its very cool. I am starting to wish I still had a Dreamcast......

It's more that it is simply more optimized than the standard VBA. Also, there's a chance maybe someone will take the time to write an sh-4 dynarec.

GPF
October 20th, 2006, 21:17
ok released :)

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39707

Enjoy,
Troy(GPF)

agetronek
June 11th, 2007, 22:27
wow:eek:

celly
October 13th, 2008, 23:28
I was looking for this, thanks.