PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3 to Miss November 17 Ship Date?

wraggster
October 20th, 2006, 19:33
Via Gizmodo

Sony is in a heap of trouble. First the exploding batteries, and now it looks like that could turn into a cascading problem. Our beloved blood brothers at Kotaku point us to a quote where Sony Computer Entertainment America co-chairman Jack Tretton backpedaled on the ship date of the PlayStation 3, saying that the game console's widely-reported rollout on November 17 is not set in stone:

"The honest answer is it's more of a target. Clearly we've had production issues.''
This can't be good. The company's bleeding cash, making us wonder if the PlayStation 3 might be put on the back burner for a while.

jme
October 20th, 2006, 20:48
the PS3 has been riddled with problems and negative press. i am personally EXTREMELY upset about sony's blatant disregard for their european fans. i was always loyal to ps2, and i have been rewarded with a nice 6 month wait for what sony's preferred customers already hace.

Adrenalin
October 21st, 2006, 03:47
sony needs to get its priorities right, and perhaps their brains too!

JKKDARK
October 21st, 2006, 04:05
Then the Wii will kick PS3 ass

V3N0M
October 21st, 2006, 04:16
Man I can see it all happening. This is the beginning. The PS3 may just be the next Dreamcast. But I doubt it will happen. Sony is too big and too dedicated to getting the PS3 on the market.

VampDude
October 21st, 2006, 04:31
Then the Wii will kick PS3 ass

even thou it's not been released, it has already!

theres only ever room for 2 consoles, like there was Dreamcast & PS2... came along Xbox and there was 2... then GameCube (which was weak even from the start, thou no fault to Nintendo) ...followed a few years by Xbox360 which wiped the floor with all 3 (thou GC was already dead due to popularity or the other 2 consoles)

thou theres 3 consoles at the moment theres only 1 in reality as xb360 has already killed off its predacessors, this time it's NOT gonna be Nintendo whose console gets pushed to the side but SONY's PS3!!!

the XBOX360/N-wii reign will rule if sony's fanbase is damaged even more than what it already is!

what was the topic again?

jme
October 21st, 2006, 10:29
i would like to say i am too noble to buy from these arrogant b*******, but the truth is the ps3 looks too good to miss, and why go for the technologically inferior console? i will get a wii though.

shrimpidy
October 22nd, 2006, 02:59
First I didn't get an XBOX because of the prblems it had during launch and now this? I might end up getting the Wii which probably won't have nearly as many problems.

NoQuarter
October 22nd, 2006, 03:12
Looks like the wii is set to take control of the market.

wowzors
October 22nd, 2006, 03:21
even thou it's not been released, it has already!

theres only ever room for 2 consoles, like there was Dreamcast & PS2... came along Xbox and there was 2... then GameCube (which was weak even from the start, thou no fault to Nintendo) ...followed a few years by Xbox360 which wiped the floor with all 3 (thou GC was already dead due to popularity or the other 2 consoles)

thou theres 3 consoles at the moment theres only 1 in reality as xb360 has already killed off its predacessors, this time it's NOT gonna be Nintendo whose console gets pushed to the side but SONY's PS3!!!

the XBOX360/N-wii reign will rule if sony's fanbase is damaged even more than what it already is!

what was the topic again?

Your missing the fact that the PS2 still sells more consoles a month then Xbox360.

And this delay might happen but if it does it will only be 10 days or so, it will have to be out before christmas, or else they have destroyed their hopes of winning the console war.