PDA

View Full Version : OpenRaider

Cho Aniki
October 20th, 2006, 21:25
"OpenRaider is an open source multiplayer and single player Tomb Raider clone for linux and Playstation 2. It uses the game data such as models, sound, levels, and animation from the popular 3d series Tomb Raider by Core Design. Please support this project by testing, donations of patches, or some other way."

http://openraider.sourceforge.net/

looks really great and if its possible on PS2 it should be possible on PSP or?.

JKKDARK
October 20th, 2006, 21:27
mm I wish a dreamcast version :(

HardHat
November 22nd, 2006, 21:02
Has anyone got this working under Linux? I tried but it seem to freeze for me on startup. I took the "stable branch" and made a quick SDL+PSPGL version of the source code, but it currently fails on initialzation (my problem not OpenRaider's fault).

I'd feel more confident if I knew how playable the 0.1.0 version is first. I see though that it is a subproject of a current project, but it by itself has not been updated in about three years.

Edit: I caught up with the main maintainer on IRC, and he says that it worked pretty well on the PS2, so might go good on the PSP. The main thing it lacks is the triggers and AIs for the enemies. That would probably become a lua project for someone if we get that far.